PDA

View Full Version : lorry drivers pain in the ***

stoney
29th June 2007, 04:11 PM
ok i do a lot of driving with my work and what really gets on my nerves is a lorry over taking another on a dual carage way and not having the speed 2 over take and holding all the trafic up i know they are not allowed 2 be in the 3rd lane but i think they should be band from using the fast land on all dual carige ways as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as they just casue hold up for all other road users

rant over

any tell me what u think :)

AeroJonny
29th June 2007, 04:39 PM
definite NO!!! My other pet hate is them sitting across 2 lanes coming into a filter so you can't overtake them.

T100L
29th June 2007, 05:07 PM
if any of you twats had a HGV licence you would know better :(

Sweeney
29th June 2007, 05:19 PM
Don't want to upset you rob or anyone else but your view is completely narrowminded.

The speed restrictions are in place on a lot more vehicle than HGV's now which means a lot of vans and anything 7.5t and above are speed restricted so its not only big lorries this applies to ;).

As said above if you drove HGV's yourself you'd see it from the other end of the spectrum, they do hold people up but thanks to the government a lot more vehicles hold people up now. Just thought id share that piece of info with you ;) lol

Mon the fish
29th June 2007, 07:08 PM
Hate being stuck behind them, especially at Castlecary, but after being out with a few trucks at work, I see things differently now.

Anyway, tolerance people! Breathe, and relax... :p

Dashik
29th June 2007, 07:39 PM
Well as I'm in the process of adding C+E to my license.......

AndyP & Lenore
29th June 2007, 08:34 PM
That'll teach me to read the frikking question. I just said "no" but I meant to say "YES".

I tend to agree with Sweeney (knew there'd be a first for that eventually). I realise the frustration HGV's can cause, but it is a bit narrow minded to BAN them from lane 2. However, it does annoy me when they try to overtake going uphill when there is clearly not a chance in hell they will pass the other HGV whilst on the hill, and we all have to sit behind them until the crest has passed and the downhill drop gives them extra speed to do what they should really have waited to do in the first place.:eek:

A.

euan
29th June 2007, 09:15 PM
Now here's a question - I thought they were all supposed to be limited to a top speed? Or did I imagine that?

AeroJonny
29th June 2007, 09:45 PM
if any of you twats had a HGV licence you would know better :(

Just the kind of friendly banter that's really constructive in a discussion. We all have our own opinions on the matter, there's clearly no need to resort to immature name calling.:confused::confused:

Craig
29th June 2007, 10:34 PM
I do think that T1OOL's comments are through frustration Aerojonny... :rolleyes:

I would have to agree that they should be able to use lane 2, because if they come across one doing 45mph, then they will just cause a bigger q....

also some are limited, although I believe that most should be..

anyway, live and let live I say. :D

monkimagic
29th June 2007, 11:13 PM
Kings of the road deserve our respect, I would love to hear a truckers reply to what Stone said. I'll ask me Dad, hes a trucker and a grumpy one at that.

stoney
29th June 2007, 11:31 PM
it not that they should be band but they should show a bit more respect for other road users !!!!! its when they just pull out and sit in the lane and then just end up pulling back in the space they came out of !!!!!!!!! i see this a lot as i travel up and down the moterway most of the times i under stand that they need 2 over take othe road users !!!!!

AeroJonny
30th June 2007, 01:28 AM
Craig, I agree wholeheartedly with following a philosophy of live and let live, I don't tend to get wound up while I'm driving. I do honestly think that truck drivers do a great deal of things which are dangerous and frustrating to other road users, but then again...don't we all?

Gismo
30th June 2007, 04:54 AM
i think they should be band from using the fast lane on all dual carige ways as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as they just casue hold up for all other road users
Both lanes are the same speed restriction, but, for me, as annoying as it is, we all have the same rights to be on the road, assuming everyone has paid their tax and insurance :rolleyes:
I think, that maybe a bit more understanding is required :)

T100L
30th June 2007, 08:40 AM
has anybody who has responded on here have a HGV??

for the sake of being held up for 10 seconds of your life?

i run a transport company, have done for over 20 years now, if anybody on here wants a run a fully loaded 44 ton truck, c'mon, i will show you what it is about & all the laws that go with it, yeah there are a few bad ones, but anybody with a bit of experince should be able to tell what a HGV is going to do long before they do it:eek:

pointless thread:rolleyes:

X30YES
30th June 2007, 09:27 AM
Bring back Rail transport that's my thinking :rolleyes:

Gismo
30th June 2007, 09:46 AM
has anybody who has responded on here have a HGV??

for the sake of being held up for 10 seconds of your life?
What did i say that was so negative :rolleyes: i was actually supporting you :(

T100L
30th June 2007, 09:56 AM
What did i say that was so negative :rolleyes: i was actually supporting you :(

dude, never aid anything against u:D

yeah bring back the rail.....

have you ever heard the saying, "if you got it- a truck prob brought it" :D

stoney
30th June 2007, 03:25 PM
well as for pointless well mabie but every one has the freedom of speach dont we !!!!

AndyP & Lenore
1st July 2007, 10:27 AM
Taking into account my erroneous vote (voted the wrong way), this looks to be split 50/50.

A.:eek:

X30YES
1st July 2007, 03:29 PM
Taking into account my erroneous vote (voted the wrong way), this looks to be split 50/50.

A.:eek:
FUD:rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
1st July 2007, 06:56 PM
FUD:rolleyes:

Aye :D :D :D ;)

monkimagic
2nd July 2007, 01:37 PM
Man alive...I have not heard anyone called a fud since primary 3. fantastic!

Big Gordy
2nd July 2007, 01:48 PM
Biggest problem I have with big trucks in general is the amount of spray they generate in the wet with all those wheels:eek: It's almost a Days of Thunder experience where you just have to close your eyes and go for it......scary man.....my wipers just won't go quick enough:eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :D

AndyP & Lenore
2nd July 2007, 01:56 PM

We've all grown out of it.:D

Angus hasn't. :rolleyes:

A.;) :D

Burple
2nd July 2007, 03:01 PM

You need to hang around here a lot more then :p:p

...Ya fud! :D:D

(still my favourite ever abusive term :D:D)

Burple
2nd July 2007, 03:02 PM
We've all grown out of it.

Angus hasn't. :rolleyes:

A.

Ach away... ya fud! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That's it.. look what you've started.. everybody at work is getting called that this afternoon now! :D

GP 1536
2nd July 2007, 07:39 PM
Biggest problem I have with big trucks in general is the amount of spray they generate in the wet with all those wheels:eek: It's almost a Days of Thunder experience where you just have to close your eyes and go for it......scary man.....my wipers just won't go quick enough:eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Are you some sort of girl or summit ? :p

Respect to the lorry drivers.Can't be easy hauling those things around.These dudes I am very courteous too.

However.

Vehicles I'm not courteous too.

4x4's
Taxi's
Buses (I know I should to help the flow of public transport,but they're never courteous to me.So fook 'em)
White vans (or any colour really)
Porsches

AndyP & Lenore
2nd July 2007, 07:43 PM
Are you some sort of girl or summit ? :p

Respect to the lorry drivers.Can't be easy hauling those things around.These dudes I am very courteous too.

However.

Vehicles I'm not courteous too.

4x4's
Taxi's
Buses (I know I should to help the flow of public transport,but they're never courteous to me.So fook 'em)
White vans (or any colour really)
Porsches

What an incredible display of double standards.:eek:

GP 1536
2nd July 2007, 11:35 PM
Mainly because taxis think they own the road.Bully their way through the traffic,pull out right in front of you,stuff like that.I think it's unfair to compare taxis with HGVs.HGV are a lot bigger,as you prob know,so need more time to maneover (sp) and we need to give them a lot more space tro do so. :)

AndyP & Lenore
2nd July 2007, 11:45 PM
Mainly because taxis think they own the road.Bully their way through the traffic,pull out right in front of you,stuff like that.I think it's unfair to compare taxis with HGVs.HGV are a lot bigger,as you prob know,so need more time to maneover (sp) and we need to give them a lot more space tro do so. :)

Only speaking from personal experience, but I've always found taxi drivers to be courteous drivers, on the whole.:D

At the end of the day Taxi drivers and HGV drivers; they're both professional drivers plying their trade on the highway. I just think they deserve equal respect and consideration.;)

All IMHO.:D

A.;)

Gismo
3rd July 2007, 03:09 AM
Since we started on taxi drivers, what they don't realise is that there are other car drivers who actually use their car for their business as well, so the usual pulling out in front cause they are working is utter tosh :mad: :rolleyes:

Julz
3rd July 2007, 08:17 AM
Ok, so you do alot of driving, but I bet you most lorry drivers do a hell of alot more!;) What you've got to bear in mind is that these guys are working too and if they're overtaking another lorry, it means they've been stuck behind it and it was getting on their t*ts too!!:rolleyes: Just cause their acceleration is 0-60 in 47 minutes doesn't mean grumpiness is required.:D Yes, they do p me off, but like someone else said, what's a few extra minutes on your day, you've got 1440 of them!!:p

(it's cyclists on country roads I hate, ban them!!!:rolleyes: :p :D )

Sweeney
3rd July 2007, 08:31 AM
You'd actually be surprised just how fast some lorries are julz ;) its the speed limiters that kill them! Our scania V8 is quick on its feet, even with 30tonne on the rear ;)

Julz
3rd July 2007, 09:25 AM
You'd actually be surprised just how fast some lorries are julz ;) its the speed limiters that kill them! Our scania V8 is quick on its feet, even with 30tonne on the rear ;)

I know;) My father in law is an lorry driver, much to Craigs joy and his is a shiny silver Merc truck with a Mclaren Mercedes F1 car decaled on the back of the cab!!:D

Sweeney
3rd July 2007, 09:57 AM
ooo v. nice:D

stoney
3rd July 2007, 01:05 PM
well sod them all taxis hgvs buss i drive all day and when any person is not behaving on the road as they should really gets on my nerevs

and alos peps that dont drive at speed limit or neer 2 them get on my wick as well if the road is a 60 do 60 or at least neer 2 it

dont know about the rest of u but that is the way i was tort 2 drive !!

KenL
3rd July 2007, 02:24 PM
and alos peps that dont drive at speed limit or neer 2 them get on my wick as well if the road is a 60 do 60 or at least neer 2 it

dont know about the rest of u but that is the way i was tort 2 drive !!

I think I have managed to decipher your version of the English language :p

Anyway, were you complaining about people breaking the speed limit? If yes, I agree - excessive speed is very naughty!

If it was about people driving under it, remember, it is a speed limit, that is, a maximum that should not be exceeded. I don't mind the odd Sunday driver, if it is safe to do so, you can always overtake.

What I really do not like is people who blast along as fast as they can whenever the weather is bad with poor visibility. I suspect these people think that putting on their fog lights gives them a protective force field or something :rolleyes:

stoney
3rd July 2007, 02:33 PM
I think I have managed to decipher your version of the English language :p

Anyway, were you complaining about people breaking the speed limit? If yes, I agree - excessive speed is very naughty!

If it was about people driving under it, remember, it is a speed limit, that is, a maximum that should not be exceeded. I don't mind the odd Sunday driver, if it is safe to do so, you can always overtake.

What I really do not like is people who blast along as fast as they can whenever the weather is bad with poor visibility. I suspect these people think that putting on their fog lights gives them a protective force field or something :rolleyes:

i am on about peps that sit at 30mph on the m74 or roads like and the peps that dont drive 2 the road and the wether i hate when u just get stuck behind a granny who wont let u past cos she is in the middle of the road !!!! :mad:

and what i really hate is when u are follwing some one that is driving at say 30 mph in a 60 then speeds up to 40mph in a 30 zone why do that !!!!

i have i lot of thing on the road that pi$$ me off but i just get on with it

if i have some one right up behind me wanting 2 go faster then me (dose not happen offten mind u :rolleyes: ) i will let them bye where safe 2 do so !!!!

i just feal that a road is given a limit and if so it is safe 2 drive 2 that in the right condishons

Burple
3rd July 2007, 03:08 PM
and what i really hate is when u are follwing some one that is driving at say 30 mph in a 60 then speeds up to 40mph in a 30 zone why do that !!!!

Don't even start me on those!!!!! :mad::mad:
Almost evey morning without fail I get one of those buggers in front of me. Luckily, where it normall happens, there's a nice long straight a few corners after the 30 limit.. which is fine by me.

Lorry drivers are generally fine, and courteous.. It's the idiots who are allowed to drive tractors on 60mph roads I'm really starting to hate. I know they're slow, and I give them a lot of respect, what with weighing about 3 times as much as the Mini. So why... WHY do they constantly pull out in front of me on a 60 mph road, when there are OBVIOUSLY cars doing 60, when they KNOW there's barely time to brake? serioulsy, 3 times in the last couple of weeks, good visibility of the road, they definitely saw me coming... but no, bang, right out into the road.
Actually, here's something I don't know about.. do Tractor Drivers have to pass a test of any sort to be allowed to drive them on the road? Is there any part of that test (or lessons) which teaches them courtesy to other road users? or how NOT to pull out infornt of cars which are OBVIOUsLY travelling at speed?

Taxi drivers? well I have one simple rule for being around taxi drivers on the road. DO NOT TRUST THEM. whatever the most stupid, idiotic thing you can imagine them doing on the road next to , in front of or behind you... they'll do it.
I actually saw one getting pulled for running a red light in front of a Police car the other week. THe Police officer was being very polite, and the taxi driver was getting gobby. "Please come and have a seat in the back of the patrol car sir" :D Ah, I chuckled all the way home :D:D

Coop
3rd July 2007, 06:55 PM
Back to the veeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrry start for a wee minute - Aerojohnny, when lorries sit over 2 lanes at a filter its cos they need the space to turn a tight corner, as you often get at traffic lights.

And while Im here...... :) When Im trying to overtake something like a lorry when in my works vehicle, what really annoys me is the fuds (tee hee!) that sit in my boot waiting for me to get past. If Im doing 60 and the HGV is doing 56 or whatever then it doesn't take that long but some still race past before Ive fully returned to the inside lane. Grr!

KenL
3rd July 2007, 10:02 PM
i am on about peps that sit at 30mph on the m74 or roads like and the peps that dont drive 2 the road and the wether i hate when u just get stuck behind a granny who wont let u past cos she is in the middle of the road !!!! :mad:

i have i lot of thing on the road that pi$$ me off but i just get on with it

if i have some one right up behind me wanting 2 go faster then me (dose not happen offten mind u :rolleyes: ) i will let them bye where safe 2 do so !!!!

i just feal that a road is given a limit and if so it is safe 2 drive 2 that in the right condishons

I gave up reading this post.

Could you please make an attempt to write in English ;)

stoney
3rd July 2007, 10:11 PM
I gave up reading this post.

Could you please make an attempt to write in English ;)

its not my falt i have a problem with spelling

this has been adressed in other threds !!!!

Sweeney
3rd July 2007, 10:12 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyslexia Might be worth a read kenl... :rolleyes:

KenL
4th July 2007, 01:15 PM
its not my falt i have a problem with spelling

this has been adressed in other threds !!!!

Many apologies :o

I thought you were texting.

Sorry again :)

stoney
4th July 2007, 02:16 PM
Many apologies :o

I thought you were texting.

Sorry again :)

its not a problem ;) i put things that way so peps will understand what i am saying as if i try 2 spell it just comes out looking nothing like it should !!!:confused: then noboy would under stand me :eek:

Big Gordy
5th July 2007, 08:18 AM
Pardon.....what was that you were saying:p ;) :D

Scottie
7th July 2007, 08:12 PM
God how long have I waited to post on this thread.:D
Right then lorry drivers well where do I start.:confused:

Oh aye and before you lorry drivers/owners all start.

I have three brothers who own and run their own haulage companies so dinnae start on me. Ok got that out the way.

Yes they are defo a pain in the bum when they do that 3
miles for an overtake crap. Worse than that though is how they tailgate each other jeez you couldnae get a fly between them sometimes but much much much much much worse than that is this:

I hate hate hate hate (do you get the message) when you pull into a service area, any service area and I've been in most of them

with our Caravan on the back more times than not we have to use the bit the lorry drivers use. Why oh why do they have to be filthy buggers and pee where they park the lorries it stinks stinks stinks and is disgusting.

So on that lorry drivers get a big thumbs down from me dirty buggers go into the services and use the loo like what normal folk do.

S7JGW
9th July 2007, 06:37 PM
Its not the lorry drivers that pi$$ me off its the rules and speed limiters.
I dont know why they are limited to 56mph when on a motorway they can legaly do 60mph and busses are limited to 62mph and can do 70mph on a motorway. I personaly think its a bit daft and should be limited to the maximum speed limit of the vehicle.
As for getting anoyed when lorrys/ busses straddle 2 lanes at a junction you need yer heed looked at. I drive busses part time and the amount of idiots that think they can squeeze in between a bus waiting to turn left straddling 2 lanes is mental, where did these people get their licences from??
Rant over
Jim