PDA

View Full Version : colour change on wheels

soopercooper
29th June 2007, 10:41 AM
Im thinking of changing my wheels to gloss black,my cooper is silver with silver roof and black lohen side graphics on the bottom of the doors and rear panel

what do you guys think?

i think it will give the car that moody look with the red brake callipers siting nicely behind the alloys

AeroJonny
29th June 2007, 12:04 PM
Go for it :D

Big Gordy
29th June 2007, 12:28 PM
I've got a set of matt/satin black wheels if you want to test fit before going the whole hogg and change the colour;) I found that after a week of having them on I was going off them to be honest:o...looked a bit NASCARish:cool: So now I just stick them on for the odd run I go on that way I don't get fed up with them:rolleyes: :D

Gismo
30th June 2007, 05:09 AM
what do you guys think?
Is your car pure silver or dark gray?? in any case, i don't think that black wheels would look that good, would be better in anthtracite or a colour nearer the drak silver, IMHO

X30YES
30th June 2007, 09:28 AM
I'm not a lover of Black Wheels either to be honest :rolleyes:

soopercooper
30th June 2007, 09:32 AM
I drove my car over to powdertec to get the wheels done and put a few different coloured rims against my car and the gloss black wheels didnt do the car any favours but they had the anthracite finish which i instantly fell in love with,so i decided to go witht that finish,it gave the car that sort of high performance look,with the red calliper,also made the wheels look really fat

Gismo
30th June 2007, 09:44 AM
I drove my car over to powdertec to get the wheels done and put a few different coloured rims against my car and the gloss black wheels didnt do the car any favours but they had the anthracite finish which i instantly fell in love with,so i decided to go witht that finish,it gave the car that sort of high performance look,with the red calliper,also made the wheels look really fat
Nice one :cool:

soopercooper
30th June 2007, 11:49 AM
i get the car back on monday,so i will let you guys know what the finished product is like,i know the quality of the refurb will be great,the only reason im getting this done is when i pulled up to my dealership,i was late for a sales meeting and accidentally kerbed the passenger side front wheel,and it made the car look terrible so i thought this gives me an excuse to do spend money on the car

illegalhunter
30th June 2007, 01:17 PM
Powder tec are the mut nuts ,you wont be disapointed

duncan
30th June 2007, 04:00 PM
Black wheels just look like steelies missing the plastic wheel trims, IMHO only.

But whatever you like is what matters.

soopercooper
1st July 2007, 01:41 PM
the titanium style wheel is really nice.i do agree the black wheels do look a bit like steelies,il let you all no what the finished product looks like tomorrow.mikey at powdertec is a friend of mine so i can trust the work.if anyone wants wheels done pm or call me and ill try and arrange a discount

Sweeney
1st July 2007, 01:49 PM
Will be doing this to mine shortly, gonna go for black i think as im not sure how good the match to the current anthracite would be (needing refurbed)

Will give you a buzz brian nearer the time seeing as hes yer m8 ;)

Ivano
5th July 2007, 08:22 AM
I saw a Silver Cooper S last night with the Black 18" JCW Alloys and it looked brilliant especially with Black roof and mirror caps.

soopercooper
5th July 2007, 10:25 AM
i got the wheels done in titanium,high gloss sort of charcoal,look awesome on the car,sweeney saw the pics

RyanK
5th July 2007, 12:24 PM
i got the wheels done in titanium,high gloss sort of charcoal,look awesome on the car,sweeney saw the pics

If you don't mind could you e-mail me the photos or post them up on here please? my e-mail is ryank.kennedy@btinternet.com

I have a silver ONE and your idea on the colour change is one of the ideas in which i was contemplating. I just want to see a car with it done:cool:

Cheers

MINI William
6th July 2007, 09:50 PM
yeh post up some picys:D