PDA

View Full Version : Performance manifold query!

johnny cecotto
28th June 2007, 09:45 PM
Can anyone recommend a free flow, performance manifold for my Mini GP??
Not sure whether Milltek, Play Mini or other manufacturer???
Are they all gonna fit the JCW exhaust which comes with the car??
Cheers!!:D

AndyP & Lenore
28th June 2007, 09:47 PM
There's a fellow on here called Tony - goes by the user name minimad, and he has a JCW Performance manifold. Sounds the muts nuts:D :D . As long as you don't sit directly behind him on a MINI run, or you'll think there's something wrong with your car.:o :o

A.:D

Craig
28th June 2007, 10:25 PM
I can confirm Andy's info. The JCW Competition manifold is amazing, it's like sitting behind a bit rice crispie machine.. :D :D

Also the playmini manifold is very good, Hail the Elfman. :D

either would be a very good addition to your car.

stoney
28th June 2007, 10:47 PM
i have the gtt with the de cat pipe on my cooper s works!! it is brill some noise out it when over 3500 revs realy good bit of kit and with the fact u can put the cat in and out with just 4 bolts is brill so if the cat dose go then its not a whole new manafoild u have to bye

Aberdeen Al
29th June 2007, 12:11 PM
I have the GTT manifold - was an excellent buy although I think it would be better still if coupled to a Milltek rather than the JCW exhaust that I have.

Sweeney
29th June 2007, 12:30 PM
The jcw exhaust is still quite restrictive, most bigname aftermarket setups will release more power etc from it.

Even more so if you opt for a straight through system with 0/1 silencers, although that will turn out to be quite a screamer of an exhaust ;) :D

Aberdeen Al
29th June 2007, 04:30 PM
I might find out what exhaust ScottishCooperS has - I usually hear him before I see him lol :D !

ELFMAN
2nd July 2007, 10:51 PM
PLAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYMMMMIIIIIIIIINNNNNNIIIIIIIIIII! !!!! Manifold & System. Why have Dire Straits when you can have Motorhead!!!!!!!

Gorbash12346
3rd July 2007, 12:09 AM
because mark knopfler is a more talented musician... lol nah elfmans sounds good but tbh i've not heard the rest

AndyP & Lenore
3rd July 2007, 12:14 AM
PLAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYMMMMIIIIIIIIINNNNNNIIIIIIIIIII! !!!! Manifold & System. Why have Dire Straits when you can have Motorhead!!!!!!!

Sorry to go off topic, but Mark Knopfler is a GOD.:D :D :D

minimad
3rd July 2007, 01:39 AM
hello signore cecotto i have the ONLY manifold you should consider in getting(sorry euan,rob etc)got it from jcw in east preston before they closed their glorious doors last year.they fitted the manifold for me before i picked the car up from them.Afew days before i was due to make the journey down i phoned and asked Tony Franks(head engineer at JCW)how it sounded,he replied....it sounds CRISP....When i picked the car up a few days later i found out what he meant:eek: :D :D :D :D :D the nitro rice crispy machine elfman calls it.Every time i start her up i sit there and just smile:) its the same 4/2/1 manifold they fit to the jcw challenge cup cars,it adds an extra 15 bhp to your car, i feel the car runs much smoother through the gears oh did i mention the noise:p .When out on the many NMS runs i go on sitting behind euan(ELFMAN)the noise coming from the two cars is heavenly,as many on here would agree.SO IN MY OPINION KEEP IT JCW.....GO ON MAN YOU KNOW YOU WANNA.;)

Gismo
3rd July 2007, 03:11 AM
it adds an extra 15 bhp to your car
:eek: did you get it on a dyno, or is that claimed figures

Big Gordy
3rd July 2007, 08:12 AM
Ohhh dear just what have we unearthed here:eek: :p ;) :D

stoney
3rd July 2007, 01:14 PM
because mark knopfler is a more talented musician... lol nah elfmans sounds good but tbh i've not heard the rest

yes u have u have herd mine at my last run !!!!!

ELFMAN
3rd July 2007, 02:04 PM

OK Andy - Knopfler's great, but I'll see your Knopfler and raise you a Satriani, or a Vai, or a Petrucci (Dream Theater). Anyway, we all know that Clapton was God...... but only because Jimi was too polite to tell him otherwise. All hail The Voodoo Chile - none finer. (IMHO).

Back on topic - still don't think you can beat the Playmini setup for the COMBINATION of sound QUALITY AND VOLUME - others are louder:eek: , some sound pretty good:cool:, but with the Playmini, you're LOUD AND PROUD! :D :cool: I'm biased, obviously ;)

stoney
3rd July 2007, 02:48 PM
Back on topic - still don't think you can beat the Playmini setup for the COMBINATION of sound QUALITY AND VOLUME - others are louder:eek: , some sound pretty good:cool:, but with the Playmini, you're LOUD AND PROUD! :D :cool: I'm biased, obviously ;)

yes urs is real nice but it would be the fact if the cat gose on ur manafold u have 2 replace the whole manifold as with the gtt u can just remove the cat its self

and if u want 2 be bad like me just have no cat !!! wich means no back presher at all !!!

that is what made me go for the gtt one and i recon if i was 2 put a system with out bafaler boxes then well dont think u would want 2 follow me for long :eek:

stoney
3rd July 2007, 02:58 PM
here is a pic of the standard and the gtt http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/skillboy14/GTT%20manifold/a2f19904.jpg

ELFMAN
4th July 2007, 10:41 AM
Point taken Rob, the GTT has the advantage of the removable Cat, which IS good for the repair/replacement point of view, but I'll stand by my Playmini. Besides, if I had no cat on mine, it'd be just TOO loud methinks - it's 'bad' enough as it is.... Lots of choices though.