PDA

View Full Version : Florida...

zimbo
25th June 2007, 09:16 PM
Just got back from Orlando after spending a fortnight there, for my 1st trip there. And all I can say is WOW, that place is unbelievable... The theme parks were great, BUT some of the roller coasters and rides were just amazing, one of the best rides we went on was only just re-opened just before the start of our 2nd week, SHEIKRA @ Busch Gardens had just had it's floor removed and it is AWESOME!! you get a 200FT vertical drop face 1st @ about 60/70mph then another vertical drop a couple of twists later, sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it again :D

ooohhh I cant wait to get back already!!:D

The ride I was most disappointed in was JAWS, but never mind coz I still had an awesome time.

Was strange driving my wee baby again after driving in the US in a V6 Chevy Impala.

The new Mitsubishi Lancer X is already on sale over there so went and had a look and got myself a brochure, seeing as they are not on sale here yet...:D think Julz would really like it :p (their EVO X's are on there way..) they look amazing in the flesh.

AndyP & Lenore
25th June 2007, 09:26 PM
I'm sooooooooooo jealous. Want to go back NOW after reading your post. We've been out there twice now, each time only for about 4 or 5 days as we have family in Fort Myers who we (have to) go and see. However, next time THEY can come and see us in Orlando. 14 days of fun for us next time.

As for JAWS, we loved it. Just the cheesy plastickyness of it all, makes it a great ride. Actually last visit, we went on it 3 times in the one day. Is that sad or what?

A.:D

Sweeney
25th June 2007, 09:29 PM
Been 3 times, w for 2 weeks and once for 3 weeks, loved every minute of it! So much to do! :o

Won't be long till your back ;)

zimbo
25th June 2007, 09:29 PM
LOL I just thought it was far to short, thats all, especially after waiting for what seemed to be an eternity to go on it...

AndyP & Lenore
25th June 2007, 09:36 PM
LOL I just thought it was far to short, thats all, especially after waiting for what seemed to be an eternity to go on it...

I know what you mean about the wait. For such a simple and admittedly - short - ride, it does attract the queue's.

The first time we were out there it was the end of April and there were relatively short queue's for everything. Hardly queued for more than 15 mins on anything. Second time was beginning of June and the queue's were easily double. Average wait about 30 to 40 mins. Can't possibly imagine what it will be like in July.:eek: :eek:

A.:D

Mark R
25th June 2007, 11:14 PM
Funny that, I just got back from three weeks there for a wedding a week ago last Thursday.:D

RyanK
26th June 2007, 12:07 AM
Glad you had a good holiday!

Been 5-6 times and still not bored...so much so im going in October!

P.S next time you need to go to Miami, Key West etc they are very nice

Smurf
26th June 2007, 12:32 PM
I've been 3 times, each time for 2 weeks!! And I can't WAIT to go again, I need my Disney fix..... ;)

Been in September each time - NO queues for almost everything, in all the Disney parks, and both the Universal parks. The longest being a 45 min wait for a 30 min show, just missed getting in the first time.

I WANNA GO BACK!!! :( :( :( :D :D :D

ianking
26th June 2007, 01:16 PM
Has anyone been to the old town at Kisimee for the Hot Rod show on a Sat night. We went a couple of times and its great. Only 30 mins drive from Disney.

Burple
26th June 2007, 02:01 PM
Ah well.. so you made it back without getting shot or converted to evangelical god-botherer.. ;):D

RyanK
27th June 2007, 12:31 AM
Has anyone been to the old town at Kisimee for the Hot Rod show on a Sat night. We went a couple of times and its great. Only 30 mins drive from Disney.

Yes as a matter of fact, How cool is American Muscle. Every single car is of top notch & 20+ years old!

Also there are a few good shoppies in the oldtown area aswell...plus that big white sky ride thing:eek:

Bazthemod
27th June 2007, 12:48 AM
Yes as a matter of fact, How cool is American Muscle. Every single car is of top notch & 20+ years old!

Also there are a few good shoppies in the oldtown area aswell...plus that big white sky ride thing:eek:

When we were last at that guess what we saw :D

http://file016b.bebo.com/13/large/2007/06/26/23/1799036806a4803905820l.jpg

Anyone braved the sky ride thing?

ianking
27th June 2007, 08:45 AM
Yes the old town car shows are amazing. Most of the stuff we saw was 60+ years old but with great big V8's in them. Alot of 50's Chevy pick ups and alot of 30's Ford roadsters.

Smurf
27th June 2007, 12:33 PM
Yes, I was at the Saturday Night Cruise at Kissimmee too, there are some awesome cars! And the rock n roll music is good too! :D

RyanK
28th June 2007, 12:16 AM
When we were last at that guess what we saw :D

http://file016b.bebo.com/13/large/2007/06/26/23/1799036806a4803905820l.jpg

Anyone braved the sky ride thing?

Cool, i never saw anything like that!

The boy cannae even fit in the thing, the womans lucky if she's covering half the seat:eek: :D