PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Build in History ?

Craig
23rd June 2007, 10:08 PM
Well as some of you may know, my R56 experience hasn't been the best, however the car is being replaced. :D

It was ordered on the 5th June and by the 20th June it was consigned. Should arrive at Menzies on Monday. I find it incredible that they can do it that fast when I waited nearly 10 weeks for this car.. ;) Fingers crossed the main issues have been dealt with.

Also got a recorded delivery letter today stating that my current car needs work on the connection between the cat and the turbo manifold cos when it gets to about 15000 miles it starts to leak exhaust gases.. :eek: Glad it is going... :(

duncan
23rd June 2007, 10:35 PM
Well as some of you may know, my R56 experience hasn't been the best, however the car is being replaced. :D

It was ordered on the 5th June and by the 20th June it was consigned. Should arrive at Menzies on Monday. I find it incredible that they can do it that fast when I waited nearly 10 weeks for this car.. ;) Fingers crossed the main issues have been dealt with.

Also got a recorded delivery letter today stating that my current car needs work on the connection between the cat and the turbo manifold cos when it gets to about 15000 miles it starts to leak exhaust gases.. :eek: Glad it is going... :(

Maybe the news about your lemon has got out, and they're not selling well! :eek: ;)

Seriously though, good luck with the new one.:)

illegalhunter
24th June 2007, 06:43 AM
Hope this one is a cracker Craig ,youve had a Lemmon.

Mini Me
24th June 2007, 09:23 AM
It's amazing just how much we can harass MINI UK mate !!!!!lol

N12 JLK
24th June 2007, 11:06 AM
we need to pick up a recorded letter tomorrow also from the post office, we were out on Satuarday when the postie came , bet thats what its about.

Craig
24th June 2007, 07:33 PM
we need to pick up a recorded letter tomorrow also from the post office, we were out on Satuarday when the postie came , bet thats what its about.

yep, it will be, Marky got the same letter.... but it's not a recall you understand... ;)

AndyP & Lenore
24th June 2007, 08:28 PM
It's amazing just how much we can harass MINI UK mate !!!!!lol

Ahem.:mad: Doesn't always work though does it.:confused: 10 Week delay.;) No bitching, reasoning, persuading, bribing or pleading made any difference in the world.:eek:

A.;) ;) ;) :D

Colin
25th June 2007, 10:06 AM
automatic mobility cars take longer Andy:D :eek: :p

Ooooooooo:eek: That was below the belt:D

ianking
25th June 2007, 10:16 AM
So Craig

Are you going to let us know what spec you have gone for this time. Even a wee clue as to the colour would be a treat.

When is your date for hand over of the new car.

illegalhunter
25th June 2007, 11:04 AM
did you dump the leather seats then Craig?

Craig
25th June 2007, 11:06 AM
So Craig

Are you going to let us know what spec you have gone for this time. Even a wee clue as to the colour would be a treat.

When is your date for hand over of the new car.

well, it isn't going to be laser blue.... ;)

the car is due to arrive at Menzies today, so it just depends how long it takes to turn around. My reg is on retention, so it will be registered as an 07 for a wee while.. :D

Craig
25th June 2007, 11:07 AM
did you dump the leather seats then Craig?

oh yes, some of the worst leather I have seen in years. Sagged very quickly and don't think it will age very well..:D

ianking
25th June 2007, 11:35 AM
oh yes, some of the worst leather I have seen in years. Sagged very quickly and don't think it will age very well..:D

Obviously doesnt help if its got a huge arse plonked on them eh....:D ;):D

Craig
25th June 2007, 11:50 AM
Obviously doesnt help if its got a huge arse plonked on them eh....:D ;):D

aye, but broonie only sat in it once or twice... ;) :D

ianking
25th June 2007, 11:56 AM
Ah, very good. :D

ianking
25th June 2007, 11:57 AM
So you will prob get to pick your car up on Turs or Fri this week then if it arrives today.

Mini Me
25th June 2007, 12:26 PM
So you will prob get to pick your car up on Turs or Fri this week then if it arrives today.

coughsnaechancecoughs.........:eek:

Craig
25th June 2007, 01:59 PM
aye right Broonie - your doing the handover!!! ;) :D

The car has arrived..!!

arranged to be picked up on Friday. 24 days from order to handover, must be a record. :D

Fingers crossed this one is well put together. ;)

Clare1
25th June 2007, 02:07 PM
That is definately close to a record!! :D

Mini Me
25th June 2007, 02:45 PM
aye right Broonie - your doing the handover!!! ;) :D

The car has arrived..!!

arranged to be picked up on Friday. 24 days from order to handover, must be a record. :D

Fingers crossed this one is well put together. ;)

Eye right Davies , by the time we take the seal oot the fuel pump and fit the special pipe for the rushing water,and fit an auld alternator , it could roll into next week:eek: :D

euan
25th June 2007, 02:47 PM
Eye right Davies , by the time we take the seal oot the fuel pump and fit the special pipe for the rushing water,and fit an auld alternator , it could roll into next week:eek: :D

I thought they were factory fitted :D

AndyP & Lenore
25th June 2007, 04:13 PM
I thought they were factory fitted :D

Only on early edition Laser Blue MANUAL cars.:D So he should be ok with Mellow Yellow:cool: . OOOOOPPPSSSSSSSSSSS!:eek: :eek: Sorry Craig.:( Cat's out the bag now.:D :D :D

A.:D

Mini Me
25th June 2007, 04:33 PM
I think his mellow yellow s looks good...lol

Craig
25th June 2007, 06:55 PM
away and ram it the pair o' yees! :mad: I think it will look like a big bumble bee... ;)

Craig
26th June 2007, 03:44 PM
another hoof in the conkers from MINI... :mad: have my insurance with MINI Cover and advised them today of the change of vehicle... "yes sir the girl says that will be another £98.70 til your renewal at the end of the year"..:eek:

I explained that it was virtually the same car and the cost has only gone up about £100, however thid didn't matter...

I am sooooo glad I decided to buy another MINI... Customer out of pocket again and MINI making more money... totally pi$$ed off.. :mad: :mad:

decided to phone for another quote and managed to saved a packet - call MINI Cover to cancel - "yes sir, says another girl, there is a cancellation charge of £49.17!!!!" so either way, customer looses... Will NEVER go with MINI Cover again.. :(

AndyP & Lenore
26th June 2007, 04:23 PM
I didn't realise they still had cancellation charges. I thought as long as you had paid one months premium, if you cancel, you are only charged for what insurance you had actually benefited from. I.E. Up to the day you cancel.

A.:mad:

euan
26th June 2007, 04:35 PM
So does that imply a 49 quid charge to change policy details?

That's loads!!!

Craig
26th June 2007, 05:07 PM
they only tell you about the admin charge of £15.75 for any changes that you make to the policy. :(

AndyP & Lenore
26th June 2007, 05:45 PM
they only tell you about the admin charge of £15.75 for any changes that you make to the policy. :(

What a crock of bullsh!t. £15.75 to make changes to the policy!!! Glad I'm not with MINI Insurance, or any of the many sub companies they use. MINI is done through UK Insurance Services PLC or something like that. We're with eSure and they don't charge you diddly squat, regardless of how many times you change details on the policy (within reason) or if you cancel early.;)

A.:mad:

Duncan Stewart
26th June 2007, 07:00 PM
That's good news Craig :D Best of luck with the replacement Mini.

ELFMAN
26th June 2007, 08:57 PM
Craig, after all your hassles, MINI should be paying YOU!!!!

Question: What's the difference between MINI Insurance and Dick Turpin?
Answer: Turpin.

Hope all goes well (literally) with the new one!

MINI William
28th June 2007, 09:45 PM
hope all goes well with the new car *fingers crossed for you*:D

Craig
28th June 2007, 10:23 PM
your not the only one with fingers crossed William, EVERYTHING is crossed.. :eek: ;)

Get the new car tomorrow afternoon, then it will be getting washed, waxed and put in the garage until Fast and Modified.. :D :D

illegalhunter
28th June 2007, 10:39 PM
are we getting some pics Craig

Craig
28th June 2007, 10:41 PM
maybe... depends if it stops raining tomorrow..:D

illegalhunter
29th June 2007, 05:59 AM
that means no them lol

Craig
29th June 2007, 06:17 PM
Well, must say HUGE thanks to Menzies. Got my new car today and the BIGGEST bonus of all is that it didn't have to go thro' the valet bay. ;) Just the way I like it.

Thanks to Ian for arranging the handover at very short notice at lunchtime today, you saved me a LOT of time. Thanks Mate. Thanks to Clare/Cameron for sorting out the replacement with MINI UK (and all the paperwork), I know that it wasn't easy.

Got back to the house and got the car wash, dry'd, and 2 coats of wax (after getting the transport wax off the car..;) ) Installed the mats, and it's looking smashin'

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/miniadventures/KN4.jpg

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/miniadventures/KN1.jpg

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/miniadventures/KN3.jpg

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/miniadventures/KN5.jpg

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/miniadventures/KN6.jpg

And what every MINI should come with from the Factory..... :D :D

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/miniadventures/KN2.jpg

illegalhunter
29th June 2007, 07:35 PM
congrats Craig looks great hope this 1 is lot better than the last 1 ,where are the nets from the storage pack Craig

AndyP & Lenore
29th June 2007, 08:36 PM
Craig, car looks :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: Very nice.

Nice hand-over gift too..... We didn't even get so much as a frikking mini mug.:mad:

A.:rolleyes:

Craig
29th June 2007, 10:30 PM
The nets are part of the storage compartment pack John, inlcuding the rattly dash bit. ;)

the beer was bought by me, not from Menzies... :rolleyes: ;)

AndyP & Lenore
29th June 2007, 10:40 PM
The nets are part of the storage compartment pack John, inlcuding the rattly dash bit. ;)

the beer was bought by me, not from Menzies... :rolleyes: ;)

Ahhh. I thought it might have been a wee something from MINI and Menzies;)

"Really sorry you've had so much hassle with your first car. Here ya go Mr Davies, a couple of cases of the amber necter for you. One's from MINI customer services, and one's from us.":rolleyes:

No? Ah well, you can only hope.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edit: Oh aye - and that rattly dash bit in the storage compartment pack doesn't rattle. It's just a myth. Or then again..... maybe it's a characteristic. OHHHH DON'T GO THERE! :eek: :eek:

ianking
29th June 2007, 10:44 PM
Good news that you are all swapped over to a new car Craig.

P.S nice colour combo for the new car. ;)

Craig
29th June 2007, 10:46 PM
Ahhh. I thought it might have been a wee something from MINI and Menzies;)

"Really sorry you've had so much hassle with your first car. Here ya go Mr Davies, a couple of cases of the amber necter for you. One's from MINI customer services, and one's from us.":rolleyes:

No? Ah well, you can only hope.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edit: Oh aye - and that rattly dash bit in the storage compartment pack doesn't rattle. It's just a myth. Or then again..... maybe it's a characteristic. OHHHH DON'T GO THERE! :eek: :eek:

I will be phoning Customer Services to advise them that I do not have one of their "characteristics" and that I want it installed immediately..! The sound of rushing water is not evident at present, therefore if it happens, then it is a fault. END OF STORY. :mad: :mad:

I will probably get my usual gift in the post.. ;)

Craig
29th June 2007, 10:46 PM
Good news that you are all swapped over to a new car Craig.

P.S nice colour combo for the new car. ;)

yeah - fancied a change Ian, laser blue was jinxed... :D

Gismo
30th June 2007, 05:02 AM
Nice hand-over gift too..... We didn't even get so much as a frikking mini mug.:mad:
Oops :o
Extra text to make the short post work

vintageb3
30th June 2007, 08:44 AM
Hope your troubles are over Craig...nice colour mate!

Is this your old one?

http://www.menziesmini.co.uk/used_mini/view_model.html?currentCh=WMWMF72030TL00892

hmmmm

mark

Craig
30th June 2007, 09:00 AM
Nope, that is an old demo.... :D

X30YES
30th June 2007, 09:25 AM
The NewCar looks great Craig ...and hope all is going well this time

Mini Me
30th June 2007, 09:56 AM
Andy , can i just point out we didny buy the beer for him , DONT think supplying alcohol with a new car would go down well.:eek:

He did however recieve the best gift you could possibly ask for......Me doing the handover :D :D :D :D :D

FergusM
30th June 2007, 01:55 PM
nice colour choice !

Smurf
30th June 2007, 02:27 PM
Wishing you all the best with your new mowta Craig...

Love the colour, it's always been a favourite of mine on the 'S' ;)

Mini Ecosse
30th June 2007, 06:04 PM
Car looks super, nice colour. Happy and trouble free motoring:)

AndyP & Lenore
30th June 2007, 07:26 PM
Andy , can i just point out we didny buy the beer for him , DONT think supplying alcohol with a new car would go down well.:eek:

He did however recieve the best gift you could possibly ask for......Me doing the handover :D :D :D :D

I know ya dobber.:D :D :D

Was just teasing.

Still, a MINI mug wouldn't have gone amiss.:o

A.;)

Colin
30th June 2007, 10:08 PM
Like the new car Craig.:D Hopefully it will be trouble free motoring from now on. The folk at Oxford have had a few to practice on since they built your laser blue (lemon) one so I'm sure they've bolted this one together properly.;) :D

vintageb3
30th June 2007, 10:23 PM
He did however recieve the best gift you could possibly ask for......Me doing the handover :D :D :D :D :D [/SIZE][/FONT]

A HAND WHAT!!????!??!!?

Oh!

:eek: :D

mark

Duncan Stewart
1st July 2007, 08:40 PM
:cool: Looks Great :cool:

KenL
1st July 2007, 11:23 PM
Still, a MINI mug wouldn't have gone amiss.:o

I got no freebies either from Menzies :rolleyes:

Lovely car, BTW :cool:

FergusM
2nd July 2007, 11:32 AM
does a couple of mini key rings not count as freebies ?... if not then I got nothing either...

GAJ
2nd July 2007, 11:47 AM
DONT think supplying alcohol with a new car would go down well.:eek:

I got alcohol supplied with my car, a nice wee case of malt whisky miniatures. But I'm special!!:o

Clare1
11th July 2007, 10:23 AM
He did however recieve the best gift you could possibly ask for......Me doing the handover :D :D :D :D :D

I would reply saying thats a load of ''Bollocks'' but thats a tender subject just now!! ;)

AndyP & Lenore
11th July 2007, 11:32 AM
I would reply saying thats a load of ''Bollocks'' but thats a tender subject just now!! ;)

Ohhhh. That was below the belt. Literally!!!:eek: ;) :D

Clare1
11th July 2007, 04:07 PM
Sniggle Sniggle!! :rolleyes: :D :p

Big Gordy
11th July 2007, 04:13 PM
Sniggle Sniggle!! :rolleyes: :D :p

What's a sniggle Clair:confused: Is that a Plean term:rolleyes: :D

Clare1
12th July 2007, 10:20 AM
Sniggle, its an ''oops'' word! (means two words which are partly joined together)

Snigger / Giggle = Sniggle!

Yip its Plean Lingo! :D :rolleyes: :o

Big Gordy
12th July 2007, 10:47 AM
I like it....:D