PDA

View Full Version : Aero Grill Question

vintageb3
22nd June 2007, 09:20 PM
It's just occured to me that some folks with a 'S' bumper buy the aero kit grille and I've seen a modification on how to get the lower part to fit to the "S" bumper.

But!!!

Can the lower grille part of the "S" bumper (bit with the chrome) be fitted to the aero bumper?

I think I would prefer the chrome bits on my car...rather than the black bits.

Hope someone knows

mark

smiglyy
22nd June 2007, 09:32 PM
dont know m8 but i got one if you want it its red and oviously the chrome bit aswell but you do need to cut a bit of the bumper away to make it fit flush so cant help any further

vintageb3
22nd June 2007, 09:38 PM
Hi Smigly

Thanks for the kind offer...but I still have my original Cooper S bumper to steal bits off;)

May be a wee job for the holidays if it can be done...

mark

AndyP & Lenore
22nd June 2007, 09:42 PM
I'm pretty sure this can be done Mark, but requires a bit of hacking and cutting to get the grille out of the original S bumper. I've never done it myself, but I'm sure I've heard of others who have done it.;)

TBH, if it were me..... I'd leave the black grilles in. All black will give your car a bit of a mean look.:D

A.:D

vintageb3
22nd June 2007, 09:54 PM
Well...I don't think it does look mean Andy...and I thought it would as well.

It just kinda looks plain...you will see it on Sunday...so you can see for yourself.:(

Maybe I just need time for it to grow on me....but I'm thinking at this point in time...I will always miss the chrome.

And here's me...the guy that always hated chrome on cars!:confused:

Not to worry...its nothing that cant be sorted out.

I have a dremel;)

mark