PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have A........

Gismo
21st June 2007, 05:04 PM
......non recognised mobile phone with the BMW blutooth phone prep in either a BMW or MINI.
I've had serious problems with the M3's bluetooth phone system.
I have had several phones that have worked or not worked, no reason, but, my current phone, Nokia 6233, worked for a wee while and then just stopped altogether :(

I'm well aware that BMW will always go by their statement, if it's not a recognised phone then they can't help you, which is what is happening to me, sorry sir, you're phone is not recognised by BMW so it won't work.

So, all i'm asking, does anyone else out there have a non recognised phone that they use with no problems with their cars system, note, this is the factory fit option and not aftermarket.

My phone works easily with both my classic and Cooper S's aftermarket kits.

I'm at the stage wherby i'm waiting to be informed which phone is recognised and am gonna buy it just to prove my point, well, hopefully :rolleyes:

Hmm, just checked on BMW UK's website, my phone is fully compatible with the 3 series range of coupe's, BMW even have the snap in cradle available :mad: nae a happy bunny

AndyP & Lenore
21st June 2007, 05:57 PM
Alan, i have a 6233 and it works fine for calls and for accessing my phone book, but i cant read text messages. But calls in and out are fine. This is on my x5 with oem bluetooth.

Gismo
21st June 2007, 06:13 PM
Alan, i have a 6233 and it works fine for calls and for accessing my phone book, but i cant read text messages. But calls in and out are fine. This is on my x5 with oem bluetooth.
Andy, seemingly the top tech was working on my car for most of the day and will be advising what i have to get done to the phone when i pick it up, i assume firmware :confused:
My phone has the recommended firmware version as per the BMW website and won't even pair to the car, me Julie's can at least pair but nowt works, we both have Nokia 6233's.

If it works i'll let you know so you can try it too ;)

ianking
21st June 2007, 08:08 PM
When I had my 1 series it had the OEM bluetooth. At that time I had a nokia 6230 which at the time wasnt a BMW recognised phone although it did connect and the voice activation did work but the phone book wouldnt come up on the screen.

Gismo
21st June 2007, 10:56 PM
Picked the car up tonight, as i thought i have to get the phones firmware updated, even though the BMW website claims that the current firmware on my phone is suitable i'm still gonna have to go and get them updated

euan
22nd June 2007, 09:12 AM
That just seems wrong to me - after all it did work??

I've stuck with SE - never had a problem with them. Although my Dad has the 6233 in his X5 and it works fine (well, it did until some scumbag nicked it).

euan
22nd June 2007, 09:15 AM
Try this link - the top thread is updated regularly with new phones (one of the guys has a 3 series and works in a mobile phone shop).

You'll need to register for the site, and it's filled with 21 year olds with 10 year old 318is, but there are some very good people on it.

http://www.bmwland.co.uk/talker/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=a27f285b2e55efa95a4ae76d9ec16c7a

euan
3rd July 2007, 11:47 AM
Did you get this fixed?

My bluetooth has started to play up with my SE w810i - it connects, then disconnects straight away. Then connects and disconnects - gets very annoying!

The car is going in soon anyway to get the brakes done, so will get it checked then but wondered if there was anything i should be asking for?

Gismo
3rd July 2007, 12:07 PM
Yes, it did work, almost, the only thing not to work are the texts, should be able to read them onscreen, not fussed about that.

You'll need to ask BMW what the exact firmaware you need for each phone, simply ignore what it says on the web site