PDA

View Full Version : 20k in the Smart!

The Dogfather
21st June 2007, 11:17 AM
Well the Smart has just covered 20k in our company. It's really loosened up now and it really flies. Fuel economy has been pretty good averaging 35mpg normally but it's been as high as 42mpg on longer slower runs.

The Merc dealers have been pretty good especially the one in Stockton but none have been able to advise what lead I need to connect my Ipod to the SatNav :(. The SatNav system is brilliant as it changes the route depending on traffic conditions.

The car is still running on 17s and the alloys are showing a lot of damage caused by kerbs and potholes, I'll b swapping to 16s when these tyres are worn.

Only problems (touch wood) have been rattly trim and the paintwork is looking a bit shabby due to stone chips. There is a noise which happens when you pull away which I think could be the differential but it needs to get worse before the dealer will replace it.

Overall I'm still very happy with the car, it still gets people doing double takes when they see it.

A smart buy me thinks

ianking
21st June 2007, 11:32 AM
If you put 16's on though will that not make it look more like a normal smart as apposed to a Brabus. Surely the wheels make the car (like a mini with big wheels)

Sweeney
21st June 2007, 11:35 AM
The wheels are gonna get damaged if you batter them off kerbs! :p

The Dogfather
21st June 2007, 12:26 PM
Jackie drives the Smart most, hence the kerb damage. Although I've clipped the passenger rear a couple of times. The 16s will be pretty flashy so hopefully the car will still look good. They should also improve the already good handling.

Big Col
21st June 2007, 12:33 PM
it still gets people doing double takes when they see it.

<sniggers> Suuuuuuuuuuuure it does. ;)

Sweeney
21st June 2007, 12:33 PM
What 16"s you putting on?

Burple
21st June 2007, 02:00 PM
<sniggers> Suuuuuuuuuuuure it does. ;)

Aye.. it does you know..

..cos people aren't sure whether it's Noddy or Big Ears driving! :D:D:p:p;)

duncan
21st June 2007, 03:17 PM
If you put 16's on though will that not make it look more like a normal smart as apposed to a Brabus. Surely the wheels make the car (like a mini with big wheels)

16s are the best all rounders for the MINI however.
Bigger wheels doesn't mean better.

The Dogfather
21st June 2007, 09:40 PM
Spot on Duncan, if you want better turn in you need smaller, lighter wheels.

Col, the car gets a lot of looks maybe it's people wondering what have I done to my 206/corsa, but it still get a lot of looks. Like I said a while back this is the only car I've owned were someone has come up to me to say they loved the car and ask me what it is.

Can't say that about my MINI or the MX5.