PDA

View Full Version : Karcher lance problem...Help!

vintageb3
13th June 2007, 11:21 PM
My Dad I both have the same power washers...Karcher 580's. They are quite old...but work very well.

These units do not switch on and off when you pull the trigger...they are on and the trigger controls the water only

We both have the same fault on the same type lance. The lance has a low pressure or fan spray pattern and a full pressure power wash setting.

Whilst on the low pressure setting, you can pull the trigger and water will flow....release and the water stops. On the full pressure you can start the water by pulling the trigger....but you can't get the water to shut off unless you twist the end of the lance and change to the low pressure setting.

Does anyone know what the fix is in solving this problem?

Thanks in advance

vintageb3

Sweeney
13th June 2007, 11:29 PM
Checked that it isn't putting out too much pressure for it therefor forcing the water to keep going through trigger?

Max pressure it can take is 200bar = 2900psi

vintageb3
14th June 2007, 08:02 AM
Checked that it isn't putting out too much pressure for it therefor forcing the water to keep going through trigger?

Max pressure it can take is 200bar = 2900psi

Hi Sweeney...our washers only put out 130 bar

The trigger release works by back pressure I guess?...and what you say makes sense....Will look in to this.

These two washers are as old as the hills...and apart from this trigger problem...they work great.

Thanks mate!