PDA

View Full Version : Non-runflat puncture solutions...

Sweeney
13th June 2007, 08:31 PM
Right, fitting new eagle f1's tomorrow and as such they are non runflats, long term solution is gonna be a couple cans of tyreweld and 12v compressor. But for long journeys (i.e. this one to oban on saturday!) gonna take along one of my 16" 5-star (came with the car when purchased), should i get a puncture, is it a straight swap or do i need dif wheel nuts and any spacers to fit them?

Also, having just had a KDS done on the car and all being 100%, would changing all 4 tyres and increasing their width from 205 to 215 mean i need to get it KDS'd again?

Sweeney
13th June 2007, 09:54 PM
Aha finally found marks thread about the tyre plug thing! http://newmini.thinkbiggar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11650

Ordered one of these, nb: plugs are still legal as far as i know, we still get them from our tyre supplier for our vehicles in work... ;)

vintageb3
13th June 2007, 09:59 PM
Aha finally found marks thread about the tyre plug thing! http://newmini.thinkbiggar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11650

Ordered one of these, nb: plugs are still legal as far as i know, we still get them from our tyre supplier for our vehicles in work... ;)

Is that correct!? Great!

Let us know what happens with them...although i hope you never find out!

if ya know what I mean:D

mark

Sweeney
13th June 2007, 10:01 PM
Well given my luck i will, thats why i ordered an extra 5 plugs on top of the 3 supplied :p

Only found out on monday night the reason i'd been losing pressure very slowly was because i have a nail in the tyre! Been like that for months too lol :D Had to replace the same wheel with a new tyre as well after only having them on for a couple months last year so at least i got a while out this one :P

ELFMAN
15th June 2007, 01:17 PM
Sweeney - you on 17's or 18's?

Another wee point, when Bill and I were checking for a rattle at the back of the car a few weeks back (now sorted), I had an absolute b*gger of a job getting the wheel off and had to whack it a good few times to release it - might be an idea to pack a plastic mallet with the spare - you could be stuck if you can't get the punctured one off at some stage. Although if they're just on, it should be OK. Just a thought for the future though!

Sweeney
15th June 2007, 01:24 PM
Ah aye good point im just going down the tyreweld + tyre plug route though. What was the rattle with your car?