PDA

View Full Version : I have succumbed...soon to be a member of the Playmini club

vintageb3
13th June 2007, 05:31 PM
Well...I think we can all blame the Elfman for invoking the need for a similar racket out the back of our cars :D

Thanks to Mr and Mrs Poole...I will be adding a Playmini catback to my wee S...well...I'm going to wait until September to actually stick it on (maybe) but at least its something else to look (or is it hear?) forward to:)

I think its apt that the very first Playmini I ever heard was on Andy and Lenore's S as I followed it on the Secret Bunker run. (my first run)

Not sure if I forgive Andy for what he said to Lenore that day though:

Andy: "That guy in the wee Cooper is keeping up with us not all that bad"
Lenore: "Darling...that's an S"
Andy: "Oh!...he's not doing all that well then is he!"

I'm still cut to the core:( :eek: :D

Like to thank Andy and Lenore for the chance of the Playmini.

mark

AndyP & Lenore
13th June 2007, 05:37 PM
Mark, it was more in the vein of...

Andy: "That guy in the wee Black cooper is doing well keeping up with us."

Lenore: (looks over right shoulder the wallops me in the arm) "Ya big daft sh!te! That's an S."

Andy: (starts to sob at the pain). "Oh well, he's not doing all that well then is he?"

Have fun with the new pipes. We'll certainly miss that throaty purr.

Cheers,

A & L.:D

Craig
13th June 2007, 05:50 PM
Well Done Mark, is the Alta going on at the same time ? what a difference you will find.. Much more noise (and you always think your going quicker with more noise..) :)

vintageb3
13th June 2007, 07:20 PM
Well guys...I only want more noise when i floor it...so will have to watch the heavy right foot around town.;)

Was going to ask if its possible to put the two existing coke tin tailpipes on the Playmini...I know some don't like them...but I do...

I'm guessing the pipes might be a bigger diameter on the Playmini?

Yes Craig...the CAI will be fitted at the same time...and to hell with TLC.:eek:

I'm not waiting until 2009 to enjoy my car...:D

Can't wait until September though!

How many sleeps is that?

vintageb3
13th June 2007, 07:22 PM
Mark, it was more in the vein of...

Andy: "That guy in the wee Black cooper is doing well keeping up with us."

Lenore: (looks over right shoulder the wallops me in the arm) "Ya big daft sh!te! That's an S."

Andy: (starts to sob at the pain). "Oh well, he's not doing all that well then is he?"

Have fun with the new pipes. We'll certainly miss that throaty purr.

Cheers,

A & L.:D

Aye...but wait until Playmini come out with a R56 version...there won't be stopping any of you going for it!

Cheers!

mark

illegalhunter
13th June 2007, 07:42 PM
I hope you get an ASBO Mark lol

vintageb3
13th June 2007, 08:01 PM
I hope you get an ASBO Mark lol

Where does that fit on?...does it make the car go faster?...and is it red?:D

mark

AndyP & Lenore
13th June 2007, 08:09 PM
Where does that fit on?...does it make the car go faster?...and is it red?:D

mark

Active Servo Boost Overdrive, from memory.:D :D

AndyP & Lenore
13th June 2007, 08:16 PM
Was going to ask if its possible to put the two existing coke tin tailpipes on the Playmini...I know some don't like them...but I do...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! That's like asking Michelangelo to repaint the Sistine Chapel ceiling with Dulux One Coat. No, no, no, no, no.http://forums.beyondunreal.com/images/smilies/shakehead.gif

Honestly though, The Play Mini pipes are a fair bit bigger than MINI's OEM pipes, so I doubt they'll fit over the end.:(

A.:)

Sweeney
13th June 2007, 08:18 PM
You really want to put a better induction kit on it from standard if your going down the route of getting a better exhaust, will compliment the sound and power :D

Burple
13th June 2007, 09:15 PM
You really want to put a better induction kit on it from standard if your going down the route of getting a better exhaust, will compliment the sound and power :D

Dude.. keep up! ;) He's got the Alta one to put on too :p:p:D

Sweeney
13th June 2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah i know i saw that in his sig but was just saying lol (i agree, i am a bell end just noticed he said he's putting it on when he gets it fitted lol)
Oh btw mark, some dealers can be anal about things such as induction kits whereas others aren't ;) ask around when its service time :o if they want to be picky just put standard kit back on.

rpn
13th June 2007, 09:21 PM
Welcome to the PM Club, Mark. :)

vintageb3
13th June 2007, 09:54 PM

So you don't rate the Alta CAI?

mark

DOH!..I didn't read that you didn't read my post....Eh!?

Sweeney
13th June 2007, 09:56 PM
No im just being my usual self, i thought you were going to leave that sitting on the shelf for fear of voiding TLC but as you said you will be fitting it.

It's easy to change induction kits should you have to for service time by the way ;)

vintageb3
13th June 2007, 09:58 PM
Oh btw mark, some dealers can be anal about things such as induction kits whereas others aren't ;) ask around when its service time :o if they want to be picky just put standard kit back on.

So I've heard mate...we will just have to fly over that humpback when we reach it:D

mark

Sweeney
13th June 2007, 09:59 PM
Eastern or menzies would see you alright im sure, i'll be hitting that bridge in 4k time lol :D

vintageb3
13th June 2007, 10:02 PM
Welcome to the PM Club, Mark. :)

Well thank you kind Sir!

mark