PDA

View Full Version : Mail order Mini!

VFR-Ray
8th February 2004, 11:52 PM
Ordered my first Mini on 28th Feb - something to do as it was snowing.
Car due in Inverness on 8th April, can anyone tell me if expected delivery dates are accurate?

I may not take the car until 1st May as I'm a Driving Instructor so delivery date must work around Driving Test dates for my pupils. Up here in the frozen north (it is today) Driving Test only take place one week per month and I have tests booked for 20th April.

Must say this is the most expensive purchase I've ever done by mail order!:D

Spec - well it's a MOD, red (still thinking about white roof) with manual A/C and Pepper pack. :cool:

seany
9th February 2004, 12:01 AM
Ray, myself and the wife would like to invite you and partner to lunch when you pick up mini, can you let me now, as we would like to meet yous.

Julz
9th February 2004, 12:18 AM
Delivery dates seem to be quite accurate, I was very lucky in the fact that my mini arrived 3 months early!!!:D

GAJ
9th February 2004, 12:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Delivery dates seem to be quite accurate, I was very lucky in the fact that my mini arrived 3 months early!!!:D

That's not very accurate!;)

KenL
9th February 2004, 04:27 AM
Sounds good VFR-Ray :cool:

My car arrived pretty much on time but I think I got it a couple of days early because the dealer got the prep done quickly.

Wouldn't bother with paying to get the roof sprayed white as it will only look like a Cooper, what's the point - all red will be different ;):)

Not that there is anything wrong with a white roof of course :blackeye::p:evil::)

Gismo
9th February 2004, 04:48 AM
Am i missing something here :evil: you ordered it on the 28th feb, well, it's only the 8th ;) unless i'm trapped in a time warp :p

Willie M
9th February 2004, 04:56 PM
Congrats Ray. From my experience delivery dates are pretty much spot on, if anything sometimes a little 'safe'. The dealerships usually 'pad' the delivery to allow for any hiccups, normally cars will arrive a little earlier than expected.

All the best with your MINI D when it arrives.

VFR-Ray
9th February 2004, 06:50 PM
:IWell spotted BS - see I'm so excited getting my months mixed up, honest it wasn't the Highland Park, hic! Can confirm ordered 28th January.

Seany - many thanks, be delighted to take up your offer. Used to live in Inverness so know it well, I'll certainly be in touch closer to the delivery date.

Fontal
9th February 2004, 07:53 PM
Conratulations Ray - I got my one from Calterdon in september 2001 and they even opened up on a sunday to deliver it to me.
Is it still George that deals with the MINI's at Calterdon?

seany
9th February 2004, 08:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fontal

Conratulations Ray - I got my one from Calterdon in september 2001 and they even opened up on a sunday to deliver it to me.
Is it still George that deals with the MINI's at Calterdon?

yes George is still dealing with the minis.
stole George's JCW of him.