PDA

View Full Version : Removing/Replacing Front & Rear Bumpers

RyanK
12th June 2007, 02:58 PM
Alrite folks,

Was just wondering if removing & replacing the bumpers was a hard job? i.e is it a D.I.Y job or a bodyshop job?

Reason being is that I have a set of front & rear 'S' bumpers for my One and its getting on my nerves that they are sitting in my garage!:(

I want them on!!!:p

Cheers Folks, Ryan:)

AeroJonny
12th June 2007, 03:14 PM
haven't done it myself but I know plenty of people have, its just some screws and clips i believe. Bear in mind you need to move the sidelight/indicator housing because it's in a slightly different place on the S.

Gismo
12th June 2007, 03:23 PM
Easy DIY, get stuck in, don't be over awed

Aberdeen Al
12th June 2007, 04:37 PM
Even I managed to take my bumpers off so as said above - don't be over awed :)

rpn
12th June 2007, 08:01 PM
Its easy peasy. :) I'll go and try to dig up the article and get back to you.

Bazthemod
12th June 2007, 10:36 PM
What they said :) if i can do it anyone can haha

ianking
13th June 2007, 08:44 AM
I have done this many times now. Its easy peasy like the others have said. I find it easier to do 1 end of the car at a time as I prefer to put each end at a time on axle stilts with the wheels off in order to gain better access to screws.

Im going to be doing the rear bumper on an R56 Cooper D at the weekend for my neighbour.

Gismo
13th June 2007, 09:35 AM
I find it easier to do 1 end of the car at a time as I prefer to put each end at a time on axle stilts with the wheels off in order to gain better access to screws.
I used ramps :) excellent access

rpn
13th June 2007, 12:56 PM
Ryan,

You got pm!

RyanK
13th June 2007, 05:13 PM
Ryan,

You got pm!

you have reply

:D

RyanK
13th June 2007, 05:15 PM
I have done this many times now. Its easy peasy like the others have said. I find it easier to do 1 end of the car at a time as I prefer to put each end at a time on axle stilts with the wheels off in order to gain better access to screws.

Im going to be doing the rear bumper on an R56 Cooper D at the weekend for my neighbour.

I will give it a go this weekend I think, but if it all ends in tears it will be going to a local shop:D

Thanks to everyone for the advice!

Ryan