PDA

View Full Version : True story

vintageb3
12th June 2007, 01:07 AM
I worked at a festival at Ingilston on Saturday called the "Frenzy Festival. It was Christian Rock festival....I have done it before and they are nice folk.

I'm hoping this doesn't start a religious thread or debate...this is not my intention...so please don't reply with anything in that veign.

Also, I have good friends that are from the US...so I'm not having a go at the US either.

BUT I FOUND THIS SO FUNNY I HAD TO SHARE!

Anyway...the bands were mostly American...and the band I was working for was American.

I can't even remember the name of the band...

Two funny things happened:

1: I asked the Hammond (keyboard) player where he was based. He had a very thick accent (Not like me eh???)

He said "I come from a place called America"...I kid you not!

I looked at him to see if he started laughing...but nope!...he was serious.

I said "Get right out of town!...I thought you were from China!"

I smiled kindly...and I then asked him "What I meant was...where in the US are you based?"

He said..."Oh!....OK...I'm from Nashville Tennessee"

So I said "Oh right!...Home of the Ryman Theatre!...I played the Ryman (original home of the Grand Ole Opry) last year...its a cool venue!...you are so lucky to have it!"

He said "You've been to Nashville! ?...Man that's cool...how did you get there....Gee...I haven't even played at the Ryman...and I live two miles from there!!!"

I was so tempted...wanted to wind him up by saying "We got there by steam powered rocket ship"...but I let it slide:D

2. There was this guy that was swanning about all day...and it turned out that he was the sound guys for one for the bands. He was hassling everyone about the P.A....quite obnoxious really.

He was trying to impress everyone by putting people down...And he asked a soundguy I tour with if Del Amitri were still around. My mate said "Mark used to work for them..." and I said "I only did keyboard repairs for them...but they have split...but Justin is going out later in the year for some touring with a band."

This guy started exclaiming "Man!...I've been all over the world....I've heard millions of bands...and I know what I'm saying when I tell you this...Del Amitri are one of the best bands in the world!....The best thing to come out of Scotland since (are you waiting for this!!!!)

(Scroll down!)

"Tom Jones!"

We didn't correct him...in fact we all agreed...and after he left...we wet ourselves!!!!

:D :D

Burple
12th June 2007, 10:32 AM
I worked at a festival at Ingilston on Saturday called the "Frenzy Festival. It was Christian Rock festival....I have done it before and they are nice folk.

I'm hoping this doesn't start a religious thread or debate...this is not my intention...so please don't reply with anything in that veign.

:D :D

hmph.... <puts soapbox away> ;):p

Can you imagine Tom Jones in a kilt??? EEEwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

(Down Fi!!) :p:p:D