PDA

View Full Version : OZ Superleggera query

mgemie
8th February 2004, 09:40 AM
I'm looking at fitting a set of 16" OZ Superleggera alloys to my MO... my question is this: When removing MINI factory fitted wheels is there anything that has to be done regarding the pressure sensor etc? I.e. do i have to dis-engaged sensors or other such things?

Or can i just pop off the current wheels and pop on the OZs as normal?

Also, as far as i can see the offset etc for this wheel is fine for MINIs - is that correct?

minidriver#1
8th February 2004, 10:12 AM
i think once the new wheels are on you have to reset the pressure sensor. it tells you how i nthe owner manual :)

Wul
8th February 2004, 11:06 AM
As KJ says reset the run flat indicator - turn ignition to position 1 press and hold the button below the handbrake till the RFI flashes then start the car and drive for about 2 mins till it resets the system.

Gismo
8th February 2004, 11:27 AM
The sensor does not need to be reset by simply changing the wheels, the sensor only works to detect different rolling distances by each wheel ;)

Duncan Stewart
9th February 2004, 05:35 PM
Sensors are in the ABS braking system so no need to disconnect anything to change wheel. What tyres are you fitting? I use 205/50 on mine cos tyre size is more common so easier to obtain and cheaper (unless you want runflats)