PDA

View Full Version : New member from Aberdeen

neilw
9th June 2007, 03:13 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've owned a 53 plate mcs since October last year and have just ordered a new Cooper S in Pepper White (though the girlfriend wants me to change it to laser blue), should be getting it in September.

How's everyone doing?

Sweeney
9th June 2007, 03:22 PM
hey, welcome! ooo a brand new one... bold move!

AndyP & Lenore
9th June 2007, 04:39 PM
Welcome Neil.:D

Aye, change it to Laser Blue, you're girlfriend obviously has much better taste.;) And you know it makes sense to keep the women happy.;)

No doubt the other regulars will be along soon to say HI! In the mean-time, ignore Sweeney on the bold move nonsense.:eek: Good move is more right.:D :D

See this link for why: Our new Laser Blue Cooper S (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=11942)

A & L.:D

Sweeney
9th June 2007, 04:41 PM
Bold doesn't necessarily mean wrong ;)

neilw
9th June 2007, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Andy, your car is stunning, I've never liked blue minis with black roofs but yours looks fantastic.

Craig
9th June 2007, 05:49 PM
Welcome Neil,

got an R56 at the moment (til it gets replaced with another one.. long story, somebody else might fill you in..;) )

I would stick with pepper white, much less common that Laser BLue.. ;) :D I think it is a great colour. :)

neilw
9th June 2007, 05:53 PM
I've read about a few people having issues with the new cars, hopefully mine will be one of the rare ones that gets put together properly. I've got a long history of french cars and it can't be as bad as that, can it?

Sweeney
9th June 2007, 05:55 PM
French roots can be found in some of the problems with the r56 i.e. the engine :p :o

Craig
9th June 2007, 05:58 PM
I've read about a few people having issues with the new cars, hopefully mine will be one of the rare ones that gets put together properly. I've got a long history of french cars and it can't be as bad as that, can it?

don't want to put you off, however this is the worst experience with a car/manufacturer/dealer I have had in 17 years of motoring. If I had known 6 months ago what I know now, I would not have got rid of my old Cooper. :(

we all learn by our mistakes. ;)

neilw
9th June 2007, 06:11 PM
French roots can be found in some of the problems with the r56 i.e. the engine :p :o

Strangely I've always found the engine is the one bit the french do put together properly, it's just the rest of the car they can't be bothered with.

neilw
9th June 2007, 06:14 PM
don't want to put you off, however this is the worst experience with a car/manufacturer/dealer I have had in 17 years of motoring. If I had known 6 months ago what I know now, I would not have got rid of my old Cooper. :(

we all learn by our mistakes. ;)

That doesn't sound good, hope you get more luck with the next one. Is your current one a very early one?

AndyP & Lenore
9th June 2007, 06:32 PM
Strangely I've always found the engine is the one bit the french do put together properly, it's just the rest of the car they can't be bothered with.

We've had two Peugeot 306's - a hatch and an estate, and a 205. Loved the 306 hatch, but the estate was a bit laborious. Then someone walloped into the side of it at a junction, so it went toot sweet. The 205 was a worn out runaround. For some reason it couldn't keep water out of the distributor cap. And we all know what happens when water and electricity mix.:eek: :rolleyes:

But to be honest, we didn't have a single problem with either of the 306's. I would agree that Peugeot engines - diesel in particular - are first class. Which is a good thing, 'cos like Sweeney says the R56 engines are made by a Peugeot/BMW partnership.

Craig has had lots of problems, but there are many more out there who haven't. So like he says, don't let his experiences put you off.

A.;)

Gismo
9th June 2007, 09:03 PM
Welcome to the site :D don't listen to the other nutters :rolleyes:

rpn
9th June 2007, 09:30 PM
Welcome Neil, what colour is your current MCS? Will keep a look out for you around town. :p

Scottie
9th June 2007, 10:04 PM
you wonder why BMW/MINI have to go to the French.

Anyway re the new model R56 the possible happy ownership is going to be down how well you get on with your dealer.

NEVER once have I been made to feel like a valued customer and whilst that may sound a tad snobby, I kinda want to feel that if I buy a product, I'm buying an experience that goes on long after I drive off the forecourt and out of their minds.

Sadly with MINI this is clearly not the case, its shame because I truly love the car but dislike the their idea of customer value intensely.

neilw
10th June 2007, 10:19 AM
Welcome Neil, what colour is your current MCS? Will keep a look out for you around town. :p

I did have an indi blue/white mini but sadly at the moment i'm trundling around in a diesel astra :(

Scottie
10th June 2007, 10:30 AM
I would agree that Peugeot engines - diesel in particular - are first class. Which is a good thing, 'cos like Sweeney says the R56 engines are made by a Peugeot/BMW partnership.

A.;)

Now see I can't agree with that.:eek:

For me the X5 my 1 series and indeed my Freelander the one I had a few years back when BMW were still involved with them before Ford.

The best BMW diesel engines far far far better than anything Peugeot can do.

SO why didn't BMW develop their own engine for the MIni why get into bed with the French. Imagine a 3 litre V6 under the hood of a Mini:D

illegalhunter
10th June 2007, 10:52 AM
Wellcome to the site the r56 is a dog save your money mines been back 5 times since the 1st March,& its laser blue

Craig
10th June 2007, 10:55 AM
That doesn't sound good, hope you get more luck with the next one. Is your current one a very early one?

Built in Dec last year so yes it is a very early one..:(

AndyP & Lenore
10th June 2007, 12:54 PM
Now see I can't agree with that.:eek:

For me the X5 my 1 series and indeed my Freelander the one I had a few years back when BMW were still involved with them before Ford.

The best BMW diesel engines far far far better than anything Peugeot can do.

SO why didn't BMW develop their own engine for the MIni why get into bed with the French. Imagine a 3 litre V6 under the hood of a Mini:D

Whooooops! How did I forget about my X5's 3.0D engine? Although, to be honest, I reckon the 1.8td I had in my 306 hatch was nippier. But, put the same engine in the 306 estate and it just dragged. Now, put the X5's 3.0D engine in the 306, and wayhaaaay!;)

A.:D

Sweeney
10th June 2007, 12:56 PM
stuff yer 3litre diesels, the 4.4v8 in my dads is the bollocks :D

neilw
10th June 2007, 01:02 PM
Oy, stop turning my welcome thread into an argument about diesel engines! I hate the diesel engine in my astra :(

AndyP & Lenore
10th June 2007, 02:22 PM
Oy, stop turning my welcome thread into an argument about diesel engines! I hate the diesel engine in my astra :(

Sorry Neil. It's all sweeney's fault.:eek: ;)

Sweeney
10th June 2007, 03:04 PM
:rolleyes: aye if in doubt, blame sweeney! b*****d :o

niknax
10th June 2007, 08:14 PM
hi neil :)

Aberdeen Al
11th June 2007, 10:13 AM
Aye min!

Welcome to NMS - may see you scooting aboot Aiberdeen :D

RyanK
11th June 2007, 04:47 PM