PDA

View Full Version : Credit card fraud...

AndyP & Lenore
7th June 2007, 05:59 PM
....rears its ugly head once again.

We just got our credit card statement through the door. On it were 4 Pay Pal transactions we didn't action. I called the credit card company and they say there are another 3 since the statement was produced. Each transaction about £70ish, totally over £500 of fraudulent transactions.

Credit card co have been excellent. Card stopped. Items removed from our account and now in the hands of the fraud department.

Was worried we'd need to pay the full amount then claim back, but they just said don't pay them.

Lenore and I are meticulous about security. Everything with our name and address on it is cross shredded. And the card in question isn't even registered with Pay Pal. In fact, I've only had it a few months so it's not registered with anyone.

Scheming thieving a$$hole barstewards!

A.:mad:

Gismo
7th June 2007, 06:05 PM
Shower of sh!tebags, there has been a surge of fraud from crooked petrol station attendants, so much so i always pay cash for fuel now.
Thankfully you ended up ok

vintageb3
7th June 2007, 08:38 PM
Did anyone see the documentary on fraud a week or so ago on TV?

Well, I wrote a reply to a fraud post a month or so ago...and lets just say that someone i know very well be meeting that gentleman in court in November.

Sorry about being cryptic...but you will understand why.

I'm writing this to let you know that this doesn't just happen to other people...it happens to people you know!

Glad it was caught Andy!....glad you look at securirty etc...but i can guarantee that most fraud results from dodgy people at the other end of things...

mark

N12 JLK
7th June 2007, 09:10 PM
Bugger there goes ma free CD's and camcorder:(

AndyP & Lenore
7th June 2007, 09:14 PM
Bugger there goes ma free CD's and camcorder:(

Aye, the cops will be knocking your door down any minute Nicol!:D

N12 JLK
7th June 2007, 09:30 PM
I am the law Mr Poole:p