PDA

View Full Version : My R56 "S"

Craig
5th June 2007, 10:21 PM
well as most of you will know, my experience of my new "S" hasn't been the best... ;) , however as of yesterday, I got agreement from MINI and Menzies that the car will be replaced by a new one. Build date of sometime in July (just to be confirmed).

Hopefully I will have more luck with this car, however if not, I will have to think seriously about that Skoda.. :)

Must say a thank you to all the Sales staff at Menzies who put up with me, especially Cameron Smith who has worked hard on my behalf to ensure that the car is replaced and get a build date as soon as possible. The man stood by his word and for that I commend him. :D :D

As for MINI Customer Services, lets just say their attitude is disgusting, but that is for another day..:(

Scottie
5th June 2007, 10:33 PM
I do hope you choose another colour which will bring your more luck. I know I would.:D

AndyP & Lenore
5th June 2007, 10:51 PM
I know what colour he's going for.:D :D :D :D :D :D

A.;)

Scottie
5th June 2007, 11:03 PM
I know what colour he's going for.:D :D :D :D :D :D

A.;)

Boo Hoo for you.:p :p

KenL
5th June 2007, 11:11 PM
Nice to hear you have been treated fairly.

Please post your spec, another colour is a good idea - will be easier to forget your bad experience. Red with a black roof is a good choice ;)

Scottie
5th June 2007, 11:13 PM
Well having seen all the colours it would have to be either Dark Silver or Black or Pepper White.

I'd stay away from Laser Blue IMHO not that it is not a nice colour but well I wouldn't have it.:D

AndyP & Lenore
5th June 2007, 11:27 PM
I'd stay away from Laser Blue IMHO not that it is not a nice colour but well I wouldn't have it.:D

I would. In fact, I am - on Thursday. Woooohooooooo!:D

But seriously, it is good to hear that MINI have finally bitten the bullet and accepted their responsibilities to their customer. And I'm glad the sales department of Menzies are looking after you.;)

A.:D

vintageb3
6th June 2007, 12:38 AM
Great stuff mate!!!!!!

Glad to hear that your woes are going to be over

mark

illegalhunter
6th June 2007, 06:46 AM
Well done Craig

Mini Ecosse
6th June 2007, 08:24 AM
Good news. What about laser blue, not many in that colour?:rolleyes: :)

Craig
6th June 2007, 08:49 AM
The good luck continues. I put my run flats back on the car last night as MINI will only accept it back with them on and not standard tyres. Checked the pressures this morning and I have a flat. :mad:

Will need to call round for some prices.... GUTTED. More money out of my pocket :mad: :(

ianking
6th June 2007, 08:49 AM
Good news Craig. Lets just hope Menzies dont put it out on the fourcourt and sell it to someone else.

I presume you have to take your graphics of and put the car back to how it was when you got it.

If I was ordering again I would either get dark silver (again) or pure silver or pepper white. I think they are all pretty smart. I dont think anyone on here has a pure silver R56 S yet.

ianking
6th June 2007, 08:50 AM
The good luck continues. I put my run flats back on the car last night as MINI will only accept it back with them on and not standard tyres. Checked the pressures this morning and I have a flat. :mad:

Will need to call round for some prices.... GUTTED. More money out of my pocket :mad: :(

If you dont drive on it you can get them repaired. Place in Penicuik done one for me a while back, £12.

Craig
6th June 2007, 10:34 AM
Good news Craig. Lets just hope Menzies dont put it out on the fourcourt and sell it to someone else.

I presume you have to take your graphics of and put the car back to how it was when you got it.

If I was ordering again I would either get dark silver (again) or pure silver or pepper white. I think they are all pretty smart. I dont think anyone on here has a pure silver R56 S yet.

The car was delivered with the graphics on, so that was how I got it...

The issue of replacement is currently up in the air. LONG story.. :(

Scottie
6th June 2007, 10:46 AM
The car was delivered with the graphics on, so that was how I got it...

The issue of replacement is currently up in the air. LONG story.. :(

:confused: :confused: what you mean up in the air.???

Craig
6th June 2007, 11:07 AM
:confused: :confused: what you mean up in the air.???

not discussing it on here for obvious reasons... phone me if your that nosey.. ;)

Scottie
6th June 2007, 11:37 AM
not discussing it on here for obvious reasons... phone me if your that nosey.. ;)

me nosey:eek: :eek: :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Clare1
6th June 2007, 05:43 PM
me nosey:eek: :eek: :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Never!! lol :eek: ;)

Scottie
6th June 2007, 06:10 PM
Never!! lol :eek: ;)

watch it. Passed your work today was going to come in and say hello but well you know I'd get kicked oot.:D :D

Craig
7th June 2007, 07:38 AM
Well, new run-flat put on the car yesterday, this has to have been the most unlucky car for me.... what makes it worse is I keep seeing my old motor and wish I hadn't been so STUPID in changing. :mad: :mad:

if only I had a time machine... ;)

Big Gordy
7th June 2007, 08:32 AM
wish I hadn't been so STUPID in changing
We did try to tell you......but ohh no......you know better:p ;) :D :cool:

Craig
7th June 2007, 10:08 AM
We did try to tell you......but ohh no......you know better:p ;) :D :cool:

yeah yeah I know.... my old motor sits in bonnybridge during the day outside class one management (near WH Tyres). ;)

Clare1
7th June 2007, 10:23 AM
watch it. Passed your work today was going to come in and say hello but well you know I'd get kicked oot.:D :D

Peep the next time you pass, i'll give you a wave!;) :D

Big Gordy
7th June 2007, 10:38 AM
I hear your missus and my missus have been having words Craig:eek: Could spell trouble:rolleyes: :D

Craig
8th June 2007, 08:17 AM
I hear your missus and my missus have been having words Craig:eek: Could spell trouble:rolleyes: :D

aye, small world....;) my missus goes into tooooo many schools now, meets too many folk that know me.. :)

vintageb3
8th June 2007, 03:45 PM
Well,what makes it worse is I keep seeing my old motor and wish I hadn't been so STUPID in changing. :mad: :mad:

if only I had a time machine... ;)

Why would you want a crap computer as well?:confused: :D

mark

vintageb3
8th June 2007, 03:47 PM
aye, small world....;) my missus goes into tooooo many schools now, meets too many folk that know me.. :)

Why?...Do you hang about school gates then?:eek: :eek: :D

mark

KenL
8th June 2007, 08:53 PM

Are you or the missus a teacher?

Craig
9th June 2007, 09:44 AM
Mrs D is a Primary Teacher... travels round a bunch of schools dealing with kids with learning/behaviour difficulties.. MUCH more patience that I would have.. ;)

twinklystar
9th June 2007, 10:16 PM
yeah yeah I know.... my old motor sits in bonnybridge during the day outside class one management (near WH Tyres). ;)

hey Craig...you stalking me??? think i might hold your old car to ransom!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

hope you get everything sorted out with Menzies!!! :rolleyes: they sorted out Nottie's swimming pool!!!

L
x

Craig
10th June 2007, 10:51 AM
hey Craig...you stalking me??? think i might hold your old car to ransom!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

hope you get everything sorted out with Menzies!!! :rolleyes: they sorted out Nottie's swimming pool!!!

L
x

:eek: :D

not stalking, just had to get the run-flats put back on my car and that place is the only one I know of in the area that can deal with run-flats.. Did think about trying to negotiate a price for my old motor though..;) :D (just kiddin)

Fingers crossed the next one is MUCH better... ;)

weefossy
10th June 2007, 05:34 PM
Craig, just back from hols and trying to catch up. Hope you get this all sorted. Will get low down from Lesley, at work tomorrow.

Craig
10th June 2007, 05:44 PM
Craig, just back from hols and trying to catch up. Hope you get this all sorted. Will get low down from Lesley, at work tomorrow.

Hope you enjoyed the Hols Malcolm/Siobhan. :D

hope to have this sorted soon - new car goes into production in 8ish ;) days.

ELFMAN
10th June 2007, 11:18 PM
Fingers (and other bits) crossed Craig! Hope you've used up all your 'Fault Quota' now and you'll have a happy ending to your 'MINI MIS-Adventure'. I thought 'Friday Cars' went out with British Leyland. See - it IS a 'real' Mini after all!!!!!