PDA

View Full Version : Isle of Man

GP 1536
4th June 2007, 08:53 PM
Anyone ever been to the Isle of Man ? Thinking of going some time over the summer to have a blast round the mountain circut.

Burple
4th June 2007, 10:26 PM
Yeah.. but i was about 6! :D:D:D:p
Not much good for remembering the roads! :o:D

vintageb3
4th June 2007, 10:27 PM
Just got back from there...unless you are into bikes...not much else happens there...not my words...words of an islander. Been a few times...its not the kinda place I would want to spend anymore than a few days.

We drove a bit of the track (road)...and we had truoble doing 35mph in a van...and the bikes do the same bit of road at 90MPH!

Heard that 135MPH record was about to beaten...didn't hear if that happened though.

Never seen so many bikes in my life...and all the guys were well behaved

mark

Big Gordy
4th June 2007, 10:56 PM
Heard that 135MPH record was about to beaten...didn't hear if that happened though.

Well actually its the 130mph lap that should fall this year;)
37.7 miles at an average speed of 130mph......awesome:eek:
First race was delayed this morning due to fog on the mountain but went ahead this afternoon. Don't know if the record was broken but it will go sometime this week.....no brainer really John McGuiness if flying. He was clocked doing over 190mph on some parts of the track. ITV4 are running some TT stuff over the next 2 weeks if your interested:D

GP 1536
5th June 2007, 12:35 AM
Yeah.. but i was about 6! :D:D:D:p
Not much good for remembering the roads! :o:D

:D:D:D:cool:

GP 1536
5th June 2007, 12:35 AM
Just got back from there...unless you are into bikes...not much else happens there...not my words...words of an islander. Been a few times...its not the kinda place I would want to spend anymore than a few days.

We drove a bit of the track (road)...and we had truoble doing 35mph in a van...and the bikes do the same bit of road at 90MPH!

Never seen so many bikes in my life...and all the guys were well behaved

mark

Is the accom any good ?

Gismo
5th June 2007, 07:44 AM
Well actually its the 130mph lap that should fall this year;)
Don't know if the record was broken but it will go sometime this week.....no brainer really John McGuiness if flying
The 129.?? mph record is still intact, the road conditions were not favourable enough for the attempt :eek:
If anyone is gonna do it then McGuiness is yer man, but, Guy Martin aint too far off the pace, yesterday's result was mainly due to his poor pit stops.
ITV 4 are indeed showing highlights every day :D

vintageb3
5th June 2007, 07:56 AM
Is the accom any good ?

I've found it basic...keep away from Castle Mona!!!!!!!!

Should be Moaner:D

mark

Big Gordy
5th June 2007, 08:35 AM
That was JUST the superbikes yesterday which are really just road bikes with slicks on:eek: We've got the senior to look forward to later on which run to the same spec as the world superbikes so if the weather is good McGuiness should crucify the lap record:D

Big Gordy
5th June 2007, 04:08 PM
Update
Kiwi Bruce Anstey has just won the supersport class:cool:
Best lap..128.297mph with a top speed past the grandstand at the start finish straight of 182.9mph:eek:
Balls of titanium/carbon fibre mix.........sooooooooooooooper hard:D

Colin
8th June 2007, 02:22 PM
Just got back from a week on the Isle of Man, never seen so many bikes :eek: there were an estimated 150 thousand people there. Three of us went over in the car, the roads are great very like the country roads we have in Scotland, beautiful scenery for such a small place.
Definitely worth a weeks holiday if you've never been. Just don't go on the TT week if you are looking for a relaxing break.

GP 1536
10th June 2007, 01:12 PM
Noted.

Thinking of going in June or July.I heard good reports about it.