PDA

View Full Version : Confused

Bazthemod
3rd June 2007, 09:13 PM
Well iv spent most of today looking at detailing websites and now im more confused than when i started! :rolleyes:

I get a great gloss on the car when the weather is dull but as soon as it's sunny the swirls appear and i cant get rid of them! There is also a few spots where bird sh!t had been left to sit and it has stained.

I was looking at the Porter Cable and it seems you can get some impressive results but they dont seem to be easy to get hold of :confused: it seems this is also the only way of attempting to blend out the etching in the clear coat?

I was also looking at Meguires deep crystal paint cleaning stages and wondered whether this is a good move or not?

Im happy with gold class wax as this lifts alot of the swirls out and leaves a great gloss on black but id rather the swirls were gone completely before i put my vipers on. Any ideas or advice? :D Much appreciated

Sweeney
3rd June 2007, 11:14 PM
meguiars 3 stage doesnt take out bad bird **** burns, leaves yer car nice and clean though and the carnauba wax (step 3) works a treat!

euan
4th June 2007, 07:05 AM
I seem to recall that Wul got his porter cable from the states, not cheap though!

Wul
5th June 2007, 12:31 PM
Correct - I got my PC from Autopia - all in with a Transformer etc it ended up costing me about £275 or so.

Great tool once you get used to it.

Sweeney
5th June 2007, 12:37 PM
Whats the idea behind it? Just saves all the elbow grease?

The Bull
12th June 2007, 02:26 PM
Scratch X will get rid of the bird marks with a bit of rubbing.

Bazthemod
12th June 2007, 10:39 PM
I used autosmart luxuary polish and it worked a treat on the etching... its not been sunny to see how well its done on the swirls so i will report back.

Must say very impressed with autosmart range i bought full valet kit and every product does exactly what it says :)