PDA

View Full Version : Not driven for 7 weeks

minidriver#1
2nd June 2007, 12:03 AM
I've not driven my car for any distance longer than the driveway for the past 7 weeks. Last weekend I took it out and turned on the headlights and both bulbs went immediately lol. Anything else I should worry about with regards to leaving the car for long periods of time? I miss driving it :(

Scottie
2nd June 2007, 12:06 AM
why have you been banned.??;)

minidriver#1
2nd June 2007, 12:09 AM
lol. fortunately no. I've just not been needing to use the car anymore... questioning the feasibility of keeping it now. I've been thinking of getting a scooter :S

Scottie
2nd June 2007, 12:11 AM
lol. fortunately no. I've just not been needing to use the car anymore... questioning the feasibility of keeping it now. I've been thinking of getting a scooter :S

very wise if that is all you need.

Honestly both our Mini's hardly turned a wheel as they were just to impractical for every day use. Since getting the Audi it had been used every day. A lot more dog cage friendly.:D :D

minidriver#1
2nd June 2007, 12:19 AM
Aye. I'm just not as into the mini as i used to be when i was using it all the time. How you liking the Audi? Still enjoying it?

Scottie
2nd June 2007, 12:24 AM
Aye. I'm just not as into the mini as i used to be when i was using it all the time. How you liking the Audi? Still enjoying it?

very much.:D fun to drive, good looking, quality built and as I said practical.

Just maybe this time I have got myself a car that I really like and will keep.:D

sh@z
2nd June 2007, 12:53 AM
Well obviously you ain't gonna use it if you're living in Glasgow and you got it parked up in Dundee. Take it to Glasgow, ain't nobody gonna nick it ;) lol

Gismo
2nd June 2007, 09:51 AM
If you can, don't leave the handbrake on for that length of time, it'll only stretch the cable and possibly bind the pads onto the disk

Mini Martyn
13th June 2007, 02:33 PM
Dude I know what to do, bring it to Glasgow and park it outside my house and ill look after it for you!!! :p ;)

Burple
13th June 2007, 03:29 PM
No no no.. Dude.. bring it up to my house.. We have a nice garage for it to rest in, and I'll even 'keep it ticking over' for ya..
I promise I won't race it against the neighbours (US) Integra Type R.. ;);):p:p

....much.... :D