PDA

View Full Version : Calling all R56 Owners

Craig
29th May 2007, 11:07 AM
Do you have an R56 ?

If you do and you DO NOT have a sound of rushing water coming from the passenger side of your dashboard, I would be obliged if you could please pass to me via PM your name and chassis number. This is so that I can provide information to MINI that this is not evident on all cars. I will happily answer any questions about this request.

Thanks

Craig

FergusM
29th May 2007, 11:27 AM
I'm due to get mine this week...I'll let you know if I do / don't have that sound (hoping I don't).

KenL
29th May 2007, 11:43 AM
I have heard this noise once or twice on start up but only for a fraction of a second. It is certainly not continous, if it were I would consider this a fault.

Mine is a Cooper. Will PM my reg number.

Craig
29th May 2007, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the Info Ken.

Yeah Fergus, if you could let me know that would be great. :D

ianking
29th May 2007, 12:26 PM
Craig

I dont have this on my S but I have noticed it several times on Sarahs Cooper.
I will get her chassis number for you tonight.

AndyP & Lenore
29th May 2007, 02:51 PM
Craig as soon as we've picked ours up I will let you know.

A.;)

Craig
29th May 2007, 03:11 PM
Craig

I dont have this on my S but I have noticed it several times on Sarahs Cooper.
I will get her chassis number for you tonight.

Ian, I need yours then, I need cars that do not make the noise

cheers

Craig

ianking
29th May 2007, 04:34 PM
Ian, I need yours then, I need cars that do not make the noise

cheers

Craig

ah yes silly me, not reading it correctly.

Will go out when rain has calmed down and i will take note of the number.

illegalhunter
31st May 2007, 07:49 AM
I cant tell Craig because of the rattling noise from my gearbox, & iam not kidding.

KenL
31st May 2007, 08:50 AM
I cant tell Craig because of the rattling noise from my gearbox, & iam not kidding.

Have you not rejected this car yet?

T6 KFR
31st May 2007, 12:27 PM
I'll let you know Craig around end of July:mad:

Craig
31st May 2007, 12:52 PM
cheers Kev... :)

markyc
31st May 2007, 04:41 PM
PM sent Craig :D ;)

illegalhunter
31st May 2007, 06:22 PM
Have you not rejected this car yet? yes sent the letter 9 days ago tomorrow is d-day as the tec shows up . Sorry for hijackin your thread Craig.

FergusM
25th June 2007, 10:45 PM
Well I now can confirm that I have a rushing water sound coming from the passenger side...sounds like behind the dash. Was this ever fixed ?

Did not notice in the morning when I reverse out the garage but notice it at night when car has been sitting for a while and drives forwards. i'll have to listen more closely to see if also there in reverse.

Looks like Menzies will be having to look at more than just my squeaky dash :(

Craig
26th June 2007, 07:28 AM
Well I now can confirm that I have a rushing water sound coming from the passenger side...sounds like behind the dash. Was this ever fixed ?

Did not notice in the morning when I reverse out the garage but notice it at night when car has been sitting for a while and drives forwards. i'll have to listen more closely to see if also there in reverse.

Looks like Menzies will be having to look at more than just my squeaky dash :(

Nope, this was never fixed. :( Investigated a few times and could not be resolved. It is definately coolant as if you start the car cold and rev the engine, you can here it pushing the water round. Also happens when you accelerate..

This is one (of many) reasons that the car is being replaced. :( MINI's stance is that it is now a characteristic of the vehicle.... sounds more like a fault to me (ie air in the system somewhere...)

ianking
26th June 2007, 08:39 AM
We now have that noise in both our cars. S and the Cooper. The S more so though and its 4 months newer than the cooper.

MINI William
27th June 2007, 09:55 PM
no noisesfrom my car apart rom the right ones :D
william

Shonie
6th July 2007, 10:17 PM
My R56 cooper S has started to sound mechanically noisy and is rattling like a diesel !!! 2897 miles over 6 months and never been further than 65 mile round trip !!! :(

Very dissapointed and will be returning the car for an investigation and a refund as I would not have another one, nothing but problems sun roof squeaks and trim rattles £22k worth of scrap :( :( :( :(

Sweeney
6th July 2007, 10:22 PM
Get a first generation mini, better of the two by all accounts ;) :o