PDA

View Full Version : Online ICE shops?

euan
29th May 2007, 10:54 AM
I'm after a couple of bits for the new car, anyone got any places that give good service, wide range online? Not very sure of any local places to me and fitting seems a doddle for what I want to do.

FergusM
29th May 2007, 11:06 AM
I used http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ in the past and found their prices very good.

ianking
29th May 2007, 12:25 PM
I used http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ in the past and found their prices very good.

I have used them in the past as well. Fast delivery and stuff seems a good price also.

Gismo
31st May 2007, 07:24 AM
Scottiecoop and I always get our kit from Mikeythemini (http://www.newministuff.com/new/index.php)

illegalhunter
31st May 2007, 07:55 AM
Mikey is expensive but has got the kit & delivery is quick.

euan
31st May 2007, 08:39 AM
Cheers, I'll give those a go.

The problem I may have is that some of it is not the most recent kit, so not everyone has it, but I'll have a word with Mike and see if he can help.

New car will have a new Alpine MP3 CD in the boot, complete with MP3 ID text on the display, alongside a very neat (if somewhat beta!) ipod adapter, conrolled via the head unit. I've got the ipod stuff coming tomorrow, just need to source the changer.

Also considering a small amp replacement, as th new car doesn't have anything over the standard BMW setup, so a new amp should help (I may do speakers later) - all with the aim of improving sound and keeping the standard look to the car.

FergusM
31st May 2007, 08:45 AM

The problem I may have is that some of it is not the most recent kit, so not everyone has it, but I'll have a word with Mike and see if he can help.

New car will have a new Alpine MP3 CD in the boot, complete with MP3 ID text on the display, alongside a very neat (if somewhat beta!) ipod adapter, conrolled via the head unit. I've got the ipod stuff coming tomorrow, just need to source the changer.

Also considering a small amp replacement, as th new car doesn't have anything over the standard BMW setup, so a new amp should help (I may do speakers later) - all with the aim of improving sound and keeping the standard look to the car.

Mikey is the one to goto for specific stuff/questions, if you know exactly what you want then caraudiodirect is good.

Gismo
31st May 2007, 08:51 AM
I would do the speakers first ;) you might find that good enough to eliminate the amp requirement = less cost :)

FergusM
31st May 2007, 08:58 AM

And...sometimes some "funnies" in the speakers that is fitted, as in low ohm... so worth discussing with Mikey as might affect choice of amp etc ?

Speakers is first thing I would upgrade.

Scottie
31st May 2007, 09:12 AM
I know when I had my 1 series Mike said that the speakers were terrible and small. Infact further on I think he even said it was the same crap speaker used in the in the 7 series. I think it would be safe to say that the quality of speaker in you motor will be pretty much the same as what I had.

If your going to tackle the job yourself then Mike would be my choice of who to buy the parts from as you know what you get will fit. I also think should you come to any problems he will help talk you through them.

Or you could spend that wee bit more and drop by his place on a trip to Scotland and get them installed. You pays your money and you get a decent job.

Yes he might be expensive when we had our V10 Treg and used a local ice shop in Falkirk. Had to go to Mike to get their mess sorted and he was shocked at the job they done.

euan
31st May 2007, 09:23 AM
OK, fair point. I'll get in touch with him.

Gees, three of you at me to get new speakers...my missus will be happy! :-)

FergusM
31st May 2007, 09:27 AM
Well once I get my car, and confirm i've not got a lemon i'm taking a trip to see Mikey :)

Everything I've read sounds like he knows what he's doing and I want the stereo upgrade done properly (as in not by me)... ;)

ianking
31st May 2007, 10:42 AM
Well once I get my car, and confirm i've not got a lemon i'm taking a trip to see Mikey :)

Everything I've read sounds like he knows what he's doing and I want the stereo upgrade done properly (as in not by me)... ;)

I have the hi-fi upgrade kit from mikeymini for the R56 and it makes a big difference. I had my friend install all my stuff as that is what he does for a living. Wasnt any bother for him although I would have been a bit confused with taking the radio/speedo out.

euan
1st June 2007, 09:47 AM
Well, your all right - Mike advises new speakers!

He's fitted 16.5cm Kenwoods to the same car as mine previously, so he's going to see what he can come up with for me.

euan
2nd June 2007, 10:46 AM
Anyone bought stuff from Caraudiosecurity.com? They've got an adapter I need for the new changer which i need to allow support for the changer and the ipod.