PDA

View Full Version : Paint work

David Wynne
26th May 2007, 05:45 PM
Was washing / waxing my car today and noticed that the paint work underneath the site of a previous bird crap appears damaged. Looks like the top layer of coating has been removed some how. Is there anything I can use to resore the paint back to its former glory. Have tried Tcut, Tcut scratch remover, polish with no luck.

Wul
27th May 2007, 01:43 PM
David - unfortunately bird cr@p is acidic and etches the clear coat - if you've tried T-cut then the only real way to remove it is getting it professionally polished out with a rotary polisher but all you are doing is thinning the clear coat in the area. Otherwise you just need to live with it i'm afraid. As a wee tip - keep a bottle of quick detailer and a MF cloth in the car and remove the cr@p as soon as you can with it to try and reduce the damage.

David Wynne
28th May 2007, 03:18 PM
Thanks

David

rpn
14th August 2007, 11:06 AM
Just discovered last night after washing the car that I’m having the same problem as DW and have try all the steps to polish out the damage apart from the T-Cut stage.

The damage is quite a big mark about 2”x1” (2.5cm x 1.25cm for the young een’s :D ) right in the middle of the bonnet!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

8loody seagulls http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w214/rpn48/2guns.gif http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w214/rpn48/2guns.gif

Marc
17th August 2007, 08:14 AM
Guys

I had the same problem but got advise from someone on here or mini2. They told me to try Scratch X and to use it about 4-5 times on the area and then ensure that I put a good coat wax on after. I think I actually tried it around 8-10 times as I had nothing to loose and it is now totally gone.

Hope this helps.

Marc

rpn
24th August 2007, 09:45 PM
Got some 'Scratch X' this afternoon and try it out. The bird **** mark is gone, totally. :) Amazing stuff.

Cheers Marc many thanks for that.

David Wynne
30th August 2007, 07:40 PM
Worked for me also:)

Marc
31st August 2007, 01:48 PM
Glad it worked for you both. I was panicking when it happened to me and was thinking respray until someone suggested 'scratch X'

Glad I could help:)