PDA

View Full Version : Obsolete R56

illegalhunter
26th May 2007, 10:37 AM
Well i read on Mini2 that BMW are changing the R56 from august . A new engine management scheme ect theres the link
http://www.mini2.com/article450-increased-driving-pleasure-reduced-fuel-consumption-the-new-mini-in-the-model-year-2008-.html

We have all been shafted again as the resale value has just drop £2k overnight thanks BMW barstewards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iam glad iam reject or trading in .

KenL
26th May 2007, 11:19 AM
I very much doubt this will many ANY difference to the resale value of a MINI.

I would expect though that the price of these new MINIs will be increased.

N12 JLK
26th May 2007, 11:48 AM
whats that got to do with show and shine;)

Scottie
26th May 2007, 01:05 PM
I very much doubt this will many ANY difference to the resale value of a MINI.

I would expect though that the price of these new MINIs will be increased.

don't kid yourself. it shouldn't but you can be dam sure the stealers will reflect in their figures.

How gutted are folks going to be who are either just getting a new Mini or have one on order.

Good on BMW though for making things much more Green

AndyP & Lenore
26th May 2007, 03:07 PM
To be honest, speaking as one of those about to pick up an R56, this doesn't bother me in the slightest.:rolleyes:

It looks like a fairly standard under-the-hood face lift. Some of the features it talks of; e.g. Auto Start Stop I think would probably piss me off and I would end up switching it off anyway. The power regeneration from braking is nothing groundbreaking, and I'm only surprised it didn't make it into the R56 at launch.

As for the price increase by dealers, isn't an annual increase inevitable anyway:rolleyes: - only this time MINI are doing something to justify putting the price up - at let's remember, no price increase was mentioned within that article.;)

As for knocking £2k off the trade in values. Bullsh!t. Sorry, but it is. It won't knock diddly sh!t off the trade in value of a current R56. Not a penny. Nada. Zilch. Not a sausage. Even the launch of a whole new MINI (R56) has not badly affected residuals on the R53's despite what the sceptics tell you.;)

So says the soothsayer. Opinionated little sh!t sometimes arent I?:o :D

A.;) :D

Mini Me
26th May 2007, 03:24 PM
Exactly whay andy said...... :rolleyes:
p/x drop ma bum...:cool:

FergusM
26th May 2007, 04:22 PM
Well I for one I'm disappointed that so soon ater the release they are making such large changes. This is not what I expected and cannot do anything good to the resale on the car. If it had been a different set of circumstances I would have delayed buying till the new one comes out.

AndyP & Lenore
26th May 2007, 04:51 PM
Well I for one I'm disappointed that so soon ater the release they are making such large changes. This is not what I expected and cannot do anything good to the resale on the car. If it had been a different set of circumstances I would have delayed buying till the new one comes out.

Fergus I don't see these as large changes. I realise this is just MHO, but it's just a couple of toys that don't interest me. It's not like they're ditching the engine or anything. All IMHO.

A.:D

duncan
26th May 2007, 05:15 PM
Even the launch of a whole new MINI (R56) has not badly affected residuals on the R53's despite what the sceptics tell you.;)

That says more about the R50/R53 than the R56 though ;)

FergusM
26th May 2007, 05:20 PM
Fergus I don't see these as large changes. I realise this is just MHO, but it's just a couple of toys that don't interest me. It's not like they're ditching the engine or anything. All IMHO.

A few toys maybe, but sounds more significant that just toys. Maybe enough that people will look for those features when they want a R56 and might steer clear of the ones without it ?..just have to wait and see on that.

Also heard they are reducing price of Bluetooth and that the cruise control is also changing... more minor changes but still annoying that 7 months into the R56's they are making changes. Ones I'd expect them to be concentrating on is to cure the initial "teething" issues widely reported.

I stayed away from a Golf GTi as I read that a new model was 1 year away.... and now I'm getting a car next week that is already the old model ?......not impressed at all !

Scottie
26th May 2007, 06:27 PM
Exactly whay andy said...... :rolleyes:
p/x drop ma bum...:cool:

a stealer with a sense of humour

http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a065.gif

Scottie
26th May 2007, 06:31 PM
To be honest, speaking as one of those about to pick up an R56, this doesn't bother me in the slightest.:rolleyes:

As for knocking £2k off the trade in values.

Andy your alright jack. Automatic not getting the auto stop thingy bit.;)

but it's a automatic you've got so you will get a crap trade in price anyway.:eek: ;) :p

N12 JLK
26th May 2007, 10:57 PM

It looks like a fairly standard under-the-hood face lift. Some of the features it talks of; e.g. Auto Start Stop I think would probably piss me off and I would end up switching it off anyway. The power regeneration from braking is nothing groundbreaking, and I'm only surprised it didn't make it into the R56 at launch.

As for the price increase by dealers, isn't an annual increase inevitable anyway:rolleyes: - only this time MINI are doing something to justify putting the price up - at let's remember, no price increase was mentioned within that article.;)

As for knocking £2k off the trade in values. Bullsh!t. Sorry, but it is. It won't knock diddly sh!t off the trade in value of a current R56. Not a penny. Nada. Zilch. Not a sausage. Even the launch of a whole new MINI (R56) has not badly affected residuals on the R53's despite what the sceptics tell you.;)

So says the soothsayer. Opinionated little sh!t sometimes arent I?:o :D

here here MrP:) :)
I am delighted with our car,it gives me movement everyday when I look at it.
We love you Andy , thanks for sticking up for the R56. Its the business.
Showand shine the morra, watch out.

N12 JLK
26th May 2007, 11:03 PM
When we clicked onto the thread explaining all about the changes we came close to taking our lives as we got bored,
Long live our CooperS, Hail allmighty S:D

AndyP & Lenore
27th May 2007, 01:00 AM
but it's a automatic you've got so you will get a crap trade in price anyway.:eek: ;) :p

Not so! Not so! Delighted with our trade in price.;)

KenL
27th May 2007, 11:54 AM
a stealer with a sense of humour

I hate the term stealer, shows a complete lack of repsect for people who are only doing their job :(

Mini Me
27th May 2007, 12:45 PM
Oh ,Fe after everything we've been through together you post " stealer ":eek: :confused:

We agreed never to mention my job at night:p ;) :D

Gorbash12346
27th May 2007, 01:02 PM
Accelerating is pure fun - while braking generates power for the vehicle electric system.........

oh great another new system :rolleyes:

Scottie
27th May 2007, 05:35 PM
Oh ,Fe after everything we've been through together you post " stealer ":eek: :confused:

We agreed never to mention my job at night:p ;) :D

Oh shut up. :p :D :D

AndyP & Lenore
27th May 2007, 08:55 PM
Accelerating is pure fun - while braking generates power for the vehicle electric system.........

oh great another new system :rolleyes:

To go wrong/faulty.;) :rolleyes:

vintageb3
27th May 2007, 09:04 PM
I hate the term stealer, shows a complete lack of repsect for people who are only doing their job :(

Well don't ask me what I call them...you may have coronary!:D

mark

AndyP & Lenore
27th May 2007, 09:06 PM

Jessy peeps. It's all meant in the best possible taste.:rolleyes:

FergusM
28th May 2007, 02:31 PM
It has also now just clicked on how my car is finished production early, when it was scheduled to start on the 4th June.... they must have pulled forward production on any cars they could before releasing the news. If I'd heard the news about the changes before it started production I'd have been very tempted to tell them to delay it till WW31....

mmm.... here was I thinking it was good that it started early/finished..

Still, all said I can't wait to get my car !...sooo excited !

Mini Me
28th May 2007, 06:11 PM
The details regarding the changed were only communicated to the dealer network on the 25th, and that is the gods honest truth.............

:( :( :(

believe me , as soon as we find out about product changes it's already on MINI2.

FergusM
28th May 2007, 07:16 PM
The details regarding the changed were only communicated to the dealer network on the 25th, and that is the gods honest truth.............

:( :( :(

believe me , as soon as we find out about product changes it's already on MINI2.

I believe you...but does not make it any better.