PDA

View Full Version : Aarrrggghhhh!

Craig
21st May 2007, 03:46 PM
well, on my way back from five a side footie last night, low sun, right hand bend and didn't see what can only be described as a crater in the road. Got home, check my nearside fromt wheel and it is buckled. :eek: :mad:

Completely gutted....

Andy J - can you source a new wheel for me? It is Axis Crux 18" in silver.. I will need to check the width size... Does anyone else know where I can get a new wheel? I have already contacted the council today re a claim, but I'm not hopeful. Got a picture of it aswell... :(

Scottie
21st May 2007, 03:58 PM
well, on my way back from five a side footie last night, low sun, right hand bend and didn't see what can only be described as a crater in the road. Got home, check my nearside fromt wheel and it is buckled. :eek: :mad:

Completely gutted....

Andy J - can you source a new wheel for me? It is Axis Crux 18" in silver.. I will need to check the width size... Does anyone else know where I can get a new wheel? I have already contacted the council today re a claim, but I'm not hopeful. Got a picture of it aswell... :(

not good sorry to hear that.

stoney
21st May 2007, 03:59 PM
hi i used this lot 2 fix some of my old wheels http://www.wheelservices.co.uk/ they did a brill job came out like new and they where badly buckeld and kerbed:eek: would give them a try will be cheeper than a ne wheel ;)

FergusM
21st May 2007, 04:18 PM
I claimed (Sucessfully) a few years back from the council from hitting a pot hole. Issue is that they'll only pay out if they've had notice of the pothole and not fixed it within 7 days.

So I got a mate to report the pot hole that I hit, waited 8 days and then claimed...and got paid out.

Craig
21st May 2007, 04:19 PM
Thanks Rob, but due to the make up of the wheel I have been told that it is 99% impossible to repair to the same finish as the other 4 and that is by a few companies.. :(

It will hopefully be the council paying anyway, IF they accept liability.

AndyP & Lenore
21st May 2007, 04:27 PM
Thanks Rob, but due to the make up of the wheel I have been told that it is 99% impossible to repair to the same finish as the other 4 and that is by a few companies.. :(

It will hopefully be the council paying anyway, IF they accept liability.

Not an easy task mate. 16 months down the line and my lawyer is still battling with SBC.:( :eek:

A.:mad:

minimad
21st May 2007, 05:05 PM
sorry to hear that craig you should try auto image on greatwestern rd in glasgow they will probably source a wheel for you.What you gonny do for thistle run?:)

Craig
21st May 2007, 05:56 PM
just had to put the standard wheels back on the car this morning - wasn't going to take the chance to be honest...

spoke with the only company in the UK today that used to import them (Gap Security) and they no longer sell them, so it will have to be imported from somewhere...:(

Spoke with the guy from the council a short time ago. He is sending me out a form to fill out, then they have to work out who owns that bit of the road, then the claim will start from there... as you say Andy, it could be some time... :( :mad:

markyc
21st May 2007, 06:57 PM
Can't believe THE BEST set of alloys there is are damaged :( :mad: You must source another Craigyboy and get them back on the car

All hail the Axis :D ;)

Scottie
21st May 2007, 06:58 PM
j

spoke with the only company in the UK today that used to import them (Gap Security) and they no longer sell them, so it will have to be imported from somewhere

now that's just a total bugger that.:( think I will start to call you jinx.:rolleyes: :p

Craig
21st May 2007, 08:37 PM
tell me about it fi.... it's not helping my dilemma at the moment...:( ;) :confused:

ajamesj
21st May 2007, 08:49 PM
I have been off for a few days Craig but will check it out tomorro and let u know

Andy

Colin
21st May 2007, 09:52 PM
Sorry to hear that Craig:( Damm pot holes:mad: I lost a lovely 17" OZ wheel on my last car due to the very same thing. Hope your suspension is OK, with a hit that hard it might not just be the wheel that suffered:eek:

Craig
22nd May 2007, 07:08 AM
I have been off for a few days Craig but will check it out tomorro and let u know

Andy

Thanks Andy - I am off work today, Golfing, but leave me a message on here and I'll get it later today.

cheers :D

Crombers
23rd May 2007, 12:04 AM
:( :mad: sorry to hear mate