PDA

View Full Version : Detailing stuff...

vintageb3
20th May 2007, 11:06 PM
I bought 2 sets of 3 for 2 from Halfords yesterday :)

Two items I bought I must admit I'm very pleased with so thought I would share:

1. Autoglym Bumper Care. MILES better than the Meguiars equivalent in my opinion! Didn't even need the peanut oil this time!

2. Meguiars Speed Detailer. OK I will explain what i like about this. I have many coats of Meguiars carnuba wax on my mota. BUT! I notice that its a dust magnet. Wax the car...and within minutes....there is dust all over it!

I bought the Speed Detailer because I have read that Meguiars have a new "Speed Detailer" product that has just been launched stateside and those individuals that tested it said that they thought it was similar to the current Speed Detailer but it had even better antistatic properties. So until we can get it here...I thought i would try this stuff.

Spray on everything...paint, plastic (and even my glass) wipe on with one MF cloth and rub off with a dry MF cloth. Really easy...and i think it adds shine and added antistatic properties.

I believe Craig uses a Turtle Wax Speed wax in the same manner and uses this on his black bits as well...this is what made me think on this stuff.

The Turtle wax stuff is cheaper...I may try that at some point...but I don't want to put something on that "cleans" my carnuba off!

Hope this helps someone...

mark

vintageb3
20th May 2007, 11:09 PM
This is the new stuff from Meguiars...

http://www.meguiars.com/?car-maintenance/Ultimate-Quik-Detailer

mark