PDA

View Full Version : Really silly question

vintageb3
19th May 2007, 08:47 PM
OK...I admit that I haven't looked at this problem in great detail...but how on earth do you stop the drivers floor mat from sliding all over the place?

I know that there are two big screw in plastic parts and some sort of backing in that area of the floor mat.

On my 3 Series you used to screw the plastic through the mat into the floor...but the MINI mats don't seem to have holes.

Do I make holes?

Answer please?

When I get to my MINI at the weekend...I just want to wax or drive...save me some time here pelase :D

mark

AeroJonny
19th May 2007, 09:07 PM
the pads screw into holes that are already in the floor of the car and the grippy pads on your mats sit on top of them and, er, grip them!

vintageb3
19th May 2007, 09:49 PM
Errr...the pads screw in?

OK...I think I know what you mean...

Is that what those two white squares are on the back of the mat?

I will look the next time i get near the car

Thanks!

mark

smiglyy
19th May 2007, 10:24 PM
silly answer m8 get 2 big 6"nails and nail em doon ha ha

AeroJonny
19th May 2007, 10:28 PM
yeah, the big round black plastic things go in the floor and the white parts sit on them, it's like velcro...but not

vintageb3
19th May 2007, 11:20 PM
silly answer m8 get 2 big 6"nails and nail em doon ha ha

Time to get the Paslode nail gun out then?:D

mark

vintageb3
19th May 2007, 11:21 PM
yeah, the big round black plastic things go in the floor and the white parts sit on them, it's like velcro...but not

OK...I think I have you now!

Thanks Johnny!

mark

vintageb3
20th May 2007, 09:36 PM
OK!...Found out the problem!

AeroJohnny...you were quite correct with your description. The two disks that screw through the carpet are indeed similer to the hook section of velcro....and these hooks grab the two gauze squares on the mat backing...thus insuring that the mat stays put.

One of the disks had come loose on my car...and this meant that the mat was slipping round and landing up over the pedals.

So thanks!...sorted!

mark