View Full Version : Wul what do you reckon

Scottie
18th May 2007, 09:07 PM
this car I am getting has already been done with the
AutoGylm Lifeshine protection stuff:(

looking at the aftercare kit here

http://www.professional-car-valeting.co.uk/lifeshine.aspx

looks like just normal polish and stuff

so I should still be able to use my normal polish. yes?

what about clay bar.?

ianking
18th May 2007, 09:49 PM
AG Lifeshine is better than superguard anyway. I used them both when I worked at the garage.

You could clay bar the car when you get it and that will strip most of it off. That way you can start a fresh with your own stuff.

I hope the garage are not charging you for it considering you didnt want it.

Scottie
18th May 2007, 10:17 PM
AG Lifeshine is better than superguard anyway. I used them both when I worked at the garage.

You could clay bar the car when you get it and that will strip most of it off. That way you can start a fresh with your own stuff.

I hope the garage are not charging you for it considering you didnt want it.

nope they are not.:D

KenL
19th May 2007, 06:46 AM

Will it? I thought a claybar only picked off wee bonded on bits like tar, tree sap, brake dust etc.

A polish though will probably remove it over time.

S7JGW
23rd May 2007, 12:52 PM
It depends how aggressive the clay bar is. You can get very light abrasive bars which can be used regulary and may not strip wax / sealent but if you go for aggressive it probibly will remove sealant and inflict a lot of marring to the paint.
Thats the way i understand it anyway
Jim

Wul
23rd May 2007, 02:25 PM
oops - just noticed this thread! Well - Megs clay bar can marr paint if you are too enthusiastic with it so I would say it will remove the majority of the sealant Fiona.

You'll be ok with normal wax over lifeshine - but anything with cleaning properties is likely to remove some of the sealant - but only after a good few applications I reckon.