17th May 2007, 05:36 PM
:(
deed is done

Mini Me
17th May 2007, 06:10 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: what did you get Fe.. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

zimbo
17th May 2007, 06:17 PM
:eek::eek: WHAT ALREADY!!!:eek::eek: no beating about the bush with you is there... you say your going to do something and you DO IT!! :(

Well If you go for the TT dont forget to post some pics here for us, coz like a lot of people on here I also love the look of the new TT. Sat in one of the TT roadsters at Knockhill on sunday and it is SO NICE. Prefer the coupe style tho :p:D

AndyP & Lenore
17th May 2007, 11:18 PM
C'mon Fi, spill the beanzz.... What did you go for in the end?

A.:D

Scottie
18th May 2007, 12:51 AM
C'mon Fi, spill the beanzz.... What did you go for in the end?

A.:D

nothing fancy I am afraid.:D bought a A3 sportback S line 2.0 TDI quattro.

I will post some pics next week when I get her it has a few wee nice bits I reckon;) ;)

Gismo
18th May 2007, 05:33 AM
Tis a sad day indeed, going by the fact you bought another car means that you need a car, but, your fes up with Mini's :(
Is it anything to do with the new model :confused:

ianking
18th May 2007, 08:54 AM
Audi sounds like a nice car.
Gives a shout when you eventually get rid of that one as I know a man that might be interested.

Did you sell the minis to a dealer or did you trade them into Audi.

Scottie
18th May 2007, 10:19 AM
Tis a sad day indeed, going by the fact you bought another car means that you need a car, but, your fes up with Mini's :(
Is it anything to do with the new model :confused:

That and a certain something that happened with a dealer kinda took the shine of the brand I know it shouldn't have but it has things like that kinda bother me and I can't let them go.

If I am to think about it this is the first time I will not have a Mini of any shape or size in my garage.

Iain I traded them into Audi not sure if they have been under written by a BMW dealer or if they intend to put them on their forecourt ( I notice they have one already). Got a better price for them at Audi than I did at another BMW dealer:eek: but it was not a great price.

ianking
18th May 2007, 10:37 AM
What colour of Audi you getting. I presume its one they had in stock as it usually takes months for a new Audi to arrive.

I really think the S line Tdi will be a great car to drive.

Are you leaving the mikemini hi-fi upgrade in the blue mini. If not I will buy it from you and get it changed over at my expense if you want.

Scottie
18th May 2007, 10:43 AM
What colour of Audi you getting. I presume its one they had in stock as it usually takes months for a new Audi to arrive.

I really think the S line Tdi will be a great car to drive.

Are you leaving the mikemini hi-fi upgrade in the blue mini. If not I will buy it from you and get it changed over at my expense if you want.

well iain you are more than welcome but you would need to get it done between now and next wednesday. and I wouldn't want alot for it.:rolleyes:

Yes it was one in stock it also has some exclusive bits on it. Also has the Bose upgrade a ipod connector built into the glove box and it is the symphony II head unit. might go into the dealer and take a couple of pics this morning.

ianking
18th May 2007, 10:46 AM
Very jelous as that is pretty much the spec I wanted but ended up going for the R56 S. Definately want an A3 S line for my next motor I think.

P.M sent about the hi-fi.

Scottie
18th May 2007, 10:48 AM
Very jelous as that is pretty much the spec I wanted but ended up going for the R56 S. Definately want an A3 S line for my next motor I think.

P.M sent about the hi-fi.

not got PM

ianking
18th May 2007, 10:49 AM
just sent email the now

Scottie
18th May 2007, 10:52 AM
just sent email the now

no email received

ianking
18th May 2007, 11:01 AM
sent you a PM as email must be faulty or something

Scottie
18th May 2007, 11:04 AM
sent you a PM as email must be faulty or something

pm sent back to you :D

euan
18th May 2007, 01:36 PM
I test drove the S Line A3 (albeit the 2.0 Turbo quattro), lovely car. Surprisingly good to drive too. Will very likely be the next car after the 3 series, unless I can get a corking deal on a used new shape 3 coupe.

Shame how things can have such a drastic effect, but I understand completely - have done it myself in the past.

The Bull
20th May 2007, 09:41 PM
nothing fancy I am afraid.:D bought a A3 sportback S line 2.0 TDI quattro.

What is it with them? My best mate just got one and my work mate bought one a few months ago. Both S-Line, one red one black. Both with chrome roof bars and privacy glass. The black one has the multi spoke wheels and looks a lot better than the five spokers IMO even if they will be much harder to clean.

Engines a bit noisy compared to my diesel but a lovely car. Have you seen them in white? Surprisingly smart.

euan
21st May 2007, 08:40 AM
I think it's a pretty simple equation really - prestige badge, smart (if not exactly ground breaking) design, well built, good to drive, frugal and pretty quick engines (esp for diesel). Although now the 170bhp diesel is out, they are def quick motors!

S-line in particular with the bodykit looks the business, aggresive from the front.

Scottie
21st May 2007, 10:37 AM
I think it's a pretty simple equation really - prestige badge, smart (if not exactly ground breaking) design, well built, good to drive, frugal and pretty quick engines (esp for diesel). Although now the 170bhp diesel is out, they are def quick motors!

S-line in particular with the bodykit looks the business, aggresive from the front.
:cool:

when will be allowed just to enter smilies

Julz
22nd May 2007, 08:24 AM
a certain something that happened with a dealer kinda took the shine of the brand I know it shouldn't have but it has things like that kinda bother me and I can't let them go.

I know exactly how you feel. I loved my mini and do miss the feeling of owning one. You've bought pretty much the exact car that we were going to get prior to buying the meg, that or the A4 avant, which I think is still going to grace our garage at some point cause I do still love them. Do what I did with the meg, buy online, save a fortune and you don't have to deal with stealers!!;) :D Enjoy!:cool:

zimbo
22nd May 2007, 05:42 PM
Do what I did with the meg, buy online, save a fortune and you don't have to deal with stealers!!;) :D Enjoy!:cool:

You ordered yours online!? Was it easy enough to do Julz?

Scottie
23rd May 2007, 09:53 AM
well today is the day. My last drive in Sheila the Mini. :( :D

sleepyrascal
24th May 2007, 12:39 PM
Gees.... I go away for a few weeks and everythig changes... new site, Fi doesnt ahve a mini... what next..... will vidal stop buying daft cars?? Surely not.. haha... sorry vidal!

Fi, I have an A3 now, and had an A3 sportback 2.0 TDi 170 S-line for a week last month. What a car!!!! Loved it! Really fast! The interior is actually on par with the mini in terms of sexual-ness!

Its so good to drive a car like the A3 after having a MINI for 2 years. You can actually get stuff in it, its less rattly, and you dont have to go to John Clark every two weeks to get stuff sorted.

I still maintain that when I make my millions, i'll have a cooper S as a second car! haha

zimbo
24th May 2007, 07:17 PM
The interior is actually on par with the mini in terms of sexual-ness!

On a par in terms of WHAT-ness? :eek: :rolleyes: lol...

sleepyrascal
28th May 2007, 12:42 PM
On a par in terms of WHAT-ness? :eek: :rolleyes: lol...

sexual-ness