PDA

View Full Version : Jcw Sound Kit

G19RNT
16th May 2007, 10:44 PM
got my new jcw sound kit from ebay today i phoned my local dealer to get a price to fit it they quoted at least 900 quid would that be right?also i was told it puts the car up 2 insurance groups

Sweeney
16th May 2007, 10:48 PM
Think they got confused with the JCW tuning kit for the cooper S, it is most def not £900 for the sound kit (its only an air filter catback exhaust and ecu remap), what dealers did you phone? You should also inform your insurance as it is a performance upgrade, stress to them its a bmw fitted and warrantied part though rather than just aftermarket

G19RNT
16th May 2007, 10:58 PM
it was john clark in dundee i did think it was a bit much would my warranty be affected if i got my local garage to fit the exhaust?also does the kit affect fuel consumption?

Sweeney
16th May 2007, 11:02 PM
Ideally you want a dealer to fit it so they install the JCW remap, otherwise get a superchips bluefin remap or mth remap... If its a non bmw approved garage then yes there will be no bmw warranty cover provided (they have a habit of the baffle going and producing a really annoying rattle!)

You should get more mpg with a remap installed on the ecu because your getting more bang for your buck :p but youll be too busy planting the foot to notice :D (although you'd really need to use the high RON fuels to benefit from power and mpg)

G19RNT
16th May 2007, 11:06 PM
ok i will try grassicks might get more joy from them will it still be covered by warranty even tho i got it from ebay it is new and still in the box

Sweeney
16th May 2007, 11:10 PM
I should think so (grassicks are usually good with stuff like that), did you get the certificate with it yes?

G19RNT
16th May 2007, 11:13 PM
yea i have heard lots of people say that there far better 4 service i got a thing that looks like its a sticker with a serial number on it i,ll need to check

Sweeney
16th May 2007, 11:16 PM
Its an A4 sheet of paper signed by mike cooper on JCW emblem paper

G19RNT
16th May 2007, 11:18 PM
i,ll need to check i haven,t really looked at it in great detail yet

Sweeney
16th May 2007, 11:19 PM
well if you dont have it, dont hesitate to contact the seller, you should also have an engine cover as well as the badge for the rear

G19RNT
16th May 2007, 11:25 PM
i haven,t left feedback yet til i check everythings there i got the engine cover and air filter aswell as the badges