PDA

View Full Version : xenon headlights

G19RNT
16th May 2007, 10:41 PM
i just replaced my halogen lights on my on my 2006 mini cooper with xenons but when the engine is on they dont work or they flicker i justswapped them straight over is there something else i should have done?HELP:confused:

john
16th May 2007, 10:44 PM
Sadly its a big job!!

check www.mini2.com (http://www.mini2.com)

Sweeney
16th May 2007, 10:45 PM
Im sure theres something about the amount of extra power over halogen they need? Could;ve blown a fuse? have you checked fuse box

G19RNT
16th May 2007, 11:01 PM
what does the job entail?is it something i could do myself?

john
16th May 2007, 11:54 PM
Im sure theres something about the amount of extra power over halogen they need? Could;ve blown a fuse? have you checked fuse box

They actually use less power but the 04 mini's onwards need slightly different wiring and a re-program of the control unit.

There is a thread about it here http://www.mini2.com/forum/john-cooper-works-gp/128888-im-fitting-xenons-my-gp-how-follow.html

Sweeney
16th May 2007, 11:56 PM
Ah, *shuts mouth* :o

FergusM
17th May 2007, 08:36 AM
I thought to be legal you needed a self levelling system and head light washers ?

john
17th May 2007, 08:44 AM
I thought to be legal you needed a self levelling system and head light washers ?

Yes thats also true but first they need to be working before worrying about the next stage:D

fireman01
21st May 2007, 06:15 PM
i upgraded the lights on my car to,occasionally they flicker when you turn them on,i just give the engine a slight rev and the come on,also found that i have to be stopped to turn them on or they flicker like a disco ball

vintageb3
21st May 2007, 08:12 PM
Yes thats also true but first they need to be working before worrying about the next stage:D

Is this where the unlock door bit comes then?:confused:

mark

vintageb3
21st May 2007, 08:14 PM
i upgraded the lights on my car to,occasionally they flicker when you turn them on,i just give the engine a slight rev and the come on,also found that i have to be stopped to turn them on or they flicker like a disco ball

Are you talking about Halo sidelights Fireman?....not the same as what these guys are talking about

My halo's do the same...and Low and Loud as well!

mark

KenL
22nd May 2007, 07:31 AM

That may be true, but badly functioning Xenons could well be a pain to other road users.

fireman01
22nd May 2007, 09:42 PM
no mark,i'm talking about the headlights although i do have the halo lights aswell

S7JGW
23rd May 2007, 12:47 PM
Sorry to go off topic, but does anyone know why the leds flicker. I had leds in my 2001 Cooper and they didnt flicker, I now have leds in my 2003 Cooper S and they do flicker??
Jim

john
23rd May 2007, 07:36 PM
That may be true, but badly functioning Xenons could well be a pain to other road users.

The self leveling and the washers can be connected relerively easily but there is no point doing that if they are not working!!

I did not mean drive illegally!!!!!