PDA

View Full Version : Wheel change Issue - Veering

beaniboy67
16th May 2007, 09:43 AM
Hi Guys

I changed my standard 15" alloys and fitted 17" ones a few weeks ago. I had them all balanced etc when i got the allioys refurbed ( s spokes ), my tracking was also fine before i changed them over. Now that i have changed them over there is a very slight veering to the left if you are driving straight with ure hands of the wheel.

I was going to get the tracking re done but didnt wanna go get it done if it was maybe somethin else that had caused the problem.

Could it be that my Mini Cooper is not setup for 17" S spokes so something needs to be aligned or changed so that they run smoothly ??

Wanna get it fixed ASAP as its annoying me. Any ideas or suggestions ??

cheers in Adavance S

Big Gordy
16th May 2007, 10:15 AM
I may be wrong but is it not set up to pull slightly to the left:confused: is it not to do with if you collapse at the wheel you won't veer into the oncoming traffic:eek:

smason1111
16th May 2007, 10:44 AM
The camber of the road will always tend to cause the car to veer left, perhaps the feeling is more pronounced with the 17" ?

Stuart

beaniboy67
16th May 2007, 11:03 AM
I no there is usually a slight camber in the road but surely i shouldnt be veering for kerbs if i take ma hands of the steerring for a second?? :eek:

Veering more than any other cars which is making me think there is defo something up! Maybe check all tire pressures and get tracking done and see if it clears it up.

Any help much appreciated!
S

Gismo
16th May 2007, 11:15 AM
I no there is usually a slight camber in the road but surely i shouldnt be veering for kerbs if i take ma hands of the steerring for a second?? :eek:
That's a wee bitty different than your first post of a "very slight veering" :rolleyes:
But yes, check tyre pressures, wheel balance and then if still no good, then a full laser alignment ;)

beaniboy67
16th May 2007, 11:25 AM
Full laser allignment????

Gismo
16th May 2007, 11:33 AM
Full laser allignment????
Yep, BMW's version of the KDS, but, performed by a reputable garage, Big Gordy knows someone ;) same as your tracking, but more involved

Big Gordy
16th May 2007, 12:22 PM
Big Gordy knows someone
Indeed I do:D and he's about a third of the price BMW will charge you:eek:

Big Gordy
16th May 2007, 12:25 PM
And he's local;) He's in Bonnybridge:D

beaniboy67
16th May 2007, 04:50 PM
spit it oot then?? lol. how much is a third of the price?? Send me a email if you dont want to broadcast!!

cheers

S

Big Gordy
16th May 2007, 05:40 PM
His name is John Ritchie and he owns Pro-Grip 01324 810111 :D Give him a call for a price ;):cool:

beaniboy67
17th May 2007, 10:21 AM
Cheers mate

i spoke to him and he reckons that MINI's BMW's and AUDI'S will all pull to the left to a certain degree and that larger wheels will enhance it more. Also reckons that replacing a tire or having a slightly newer tire could also make it more noticeable.

Im going to check my tire pressures firstly as this may eliminate some of the veering ( havent checked them since i changed the wheels) and then maybe get it fully alligned if there is still a problem.

Bit of a weird one

Mini Me
17th May 2007, 06:05 PM
would deffo get it checked bean , they do all pull to left as mentioned ,but if it's as bad as you say check it.
The car will take the 17"s nae probs , it's only 18" and up that require adjustment.

try takin yer wallet out the glove box, that should fix it :D

beaniboy67
18th May 2007, 04:44 PM
hahah.

I Broon a wish mate. its no pay day till next week and a was oot last fri sat and frid sat sun the week b4 . Been feelin ruff awe week. Murder pOLIS. hink am gettin too auld for 3 days binges

i Think i will get it checked tho as it is slightly annoying. am no sure its really that bad but its noticeable so no hapy with it.

You been out partying recently bud??

would deffo get it checked bean , they do all pull to left as mentioned ,but if it's as bad as you say check it.
The car will take the 17"s nae probs , it's only 18" and up that require adjustment.

try takin yer wallet out the glove box, that should fix it:D