PDA

View Full Version : bye bye to my Mini's

Scottie
15th May 2007, 07:24 PM
It is looking like bye bye to my Mini's:( :(

Still not 100% confirmed yet but looking likely.

I did think about chopping the two in for a diesel, thought about getting rid off just one.

Maybe a mid life thing going on but I just woke up one morning and said to Allan you know what I am fed up with them. Maybe not having a job is giving me to much time on my hands nothing else to do but think.

They will be replaced with another car I am sure.;) ;) :rolleyes:

I have had the most fun owning all my Mini's for however long or short a period we had them for.

Once I found this site the pleasure of owning increased no doubt about it.

Met some great people on here and hopefully I will continue on some runs as I can always hire a car for a day or two.

Hopefully I will be able to continue to come to the "MiniMeets" when ever Jason gets his @rse in gear to organise another one that is. maybe bring my new motor along.

AndyP & Lenore
15th May 2007, 07:28 PM
I'm sure whatever car you go for will only last a few days then you'll be back to MINI's again.;) ;)

As for runs, you wouldn't need to hire one for our runs. You can turn up in whatever you wish. I reckon you've earned that right, for sure.

A & L.:D ;)

Scottie
15th May 2007, 07:32 PM
I'm sure whatever car you go for will only last a few days then you'll be back to MINI's again.;) ;)

A & L.:D ;)

maybe:D but things always change. anyway when you think about iT.

for me I may have chopped and changed my Mini's like some others but have stayed with the brand since they were launched that is the MINI brand. So not done to bad.

might get a 2001 Mini for a classic. what you reckon.?;)

AndyP & Lenore
15th May 2007, 07:36 PM
maybe:D but things always change. anyway when you think about iT.

for me I may have chopped and changed my Mini's like some others but have stayed with the brand since they were launched that is the MINI brand. So not done to bad.

might get a 2001 Mini for a classic. what you reckon.?;)

From what I hear the 2001's were as fault ridden as the 2007 R56's. Maybe go for a 2002 or a 2003??? Although by now you'd think any faults a 2001 would have would be gone.

A.;)

Craig
15th May 2007, 07:43 PM
WTF!!! :eek:

you need to get yersel a job Mrs T, this no working lark is affecting yer brain..;)

You'll be welcome on runs anytime, and remember you can visit Chateau Davies anytime for a chat... no doubt you will still "linger" here for some time to come. :D

what car is next then ?

N12 JLK
15th May 2007, 10:18 PM
Have you lost your mind woman , get a grip and get to the smelling salts. MINI meats will be up soon but we have a LOT going on at the moment away from MINI.

markyc
15th May 2007, 10:59 PM
Tell me you've been on the funny juice Fi, you cannae go and get rid of the Mini's !!!

But if you force yourself into it please don't go out and buy a 'mid life crisis' mowta :eek:

Wait til I see if I've still got the number for that therapist :rolleyes:

Cannae believe it cannae believe it..... ;)

Scottie
15th May 2007, 11:07 PM
well I've been looking at the Astra VXR like the looks really like the seats and I get change back in my pocket so I would fancy a wee visit to the

www.vxrperformance.co.uk

Thinking the Power Red.

So come on then what you folks think of the Astra. I can take it.:p

p.s. not sure Allan wants to do the change. He got his motor oot the garage tonight first time in 3 weeks and he had that look

finally he fitted the wee fin bits to the aero side skirts.

Took the Mini down to the Vauxhall garage @ Grangemouth so we could have a look of them side by side hard choice for me

Crombers
15th May 2007, 11:48 PM
FFS!!! A feckin Vaux**** , blimey woman, shake the heid !!!!!

Take yourself off to a darkened room have a long think about this one :confused:

KenL
16th May 2007, 08:28 AM
I do not think I have read a single decent review on the VXR!

Pretty much all the competition would be a better choice. e.g. Golf GTI (this would be my choice), Civic type-R, Focus ST, no?

stoney
16th May 2007, 08:37 AM
ell my dad has the manro vrx and it is suprb verry fast and such a cool car would go for that before the astra !!!!!!! but just keep the mini !!!!!

The Dogfather
16th May 2007, 08:47 AM
I wouldn't touch either the Vectra or Astra VXRs they are both flawed cars. However the new VXR8 or a Monaro VXR look quite tempting if you can afford to run the damn things.

I love my Vectra V6 diesel though, just waiting until I can afford to upgrade to 220bhp, got 47mpg out of the last tank.

If I was going to keep a MINI as a classic then it would have to be a Park Lane, loverly interior but you'd know that.

How about wee Dougie once Alan has got him sorted?

Scottie
16th May 2007, 09:49 AM
I do not think I have read a single decent review on the VXR!

Pretty much all the competition would be a better choice. e.g. Golf GTI (this would be my choice), Civic type-R, Focus ST, no?

while I am still considering my options.

The VXR got good reviews in both whatcar and topgear. It's all a opinion anyway just like what some folk say on the Mini.

I own a Commander and everyone hates them but I think it is one of the best motors I've owned.

Gismo
16th May 2007, 10:06 AM
Your reasoning for selling up doesn't make sense, well, reading what you've typed anyway :rolleyes:
Question you've gotta ask yourself is, can you live without one, plus, ask yourself what you need a car for and see if there's anything specific you need ;)
You've already got a caravan tugger :p
So, is the mini a toy etc etc
If you really feel a need to change, what about the Audi's, excellent write ups.

One thing i would do, i wouldn't trade in right now, give it a couple of weeks, i'm sure you'll come round to your senses again :D

Scottie
16th May 2007, 10:24 AM
Honestly when is comes to cars pretty much everything I do disnae make sense.

I could manage with just one car truth be told my 4x4.

BJN
16th May 2007, 10:43 AM
Fi hire a crane and stick the mini in the attic, in a few years time you'll have a clear and find it!

illegalhunter
16th May 2007, 11:00 AM
Iam sure whatever you buy it wont stay Mod free for long. Whoever gets your Mellow Yellow will get a great car

ianking
16th May 2007, 11:17 AM
Maybe take more time over this and think about it. Last week I was all for Sarah and I getting rid of our 2 minis as im sick of them rattling and having noisy engines. This week the noises have stopped and im loving them again.
Why not just keep 1 mini and 1 4x4. Personally I like your Oxygen Blue car.
It would be daft to get rid of it so soon as you will loose lots of money on it and the nice hi-fi upgrade by Mikemini would go to waste.

Bignorm
16th May 2007, 12:49 PM
DONT BE DAFT !!!!! if you sold the mini's how would i get my bonus every month :mad: haha only joking i would think about it first fi u just need a job to keep you busy :cool:

sh@z
16th May 2007, 03:58 PM
Nooooo not a VXR! That's gonna be some downgrade :(

illegalhunter
16th May 2007, 04:03 PM
I didnt no Fi had an oxygen blue mini any pics then!

zimbo
16th May 2007, 06:33 PM
Well what about an Audi S3 if its a small (ish) car your after, thats what I wouldnt mind getting for myself next time round.

Scottie
16th May 2007, 08:56 PM
ok short list today is

Audi TT Coupe used but new style

Z4 Coupe new but with 4k of list price

and a

A3 S Line 2.0 litre diesel sport special edition actually really cool looking.

Depending on deals offered looking to be between the 2 Audi's

KenL
16th May 2007, 09:47 PM
I really like the look of the new TT.

Take a good look at the rear seats if you ever carry anyone in the rear. The previous model's seat were totally unusable.

Sweeney
16th May 2007, 09:56 PM
And the minis are? lol :o

KenL
16th May 2007, 10:37 PM
And the minis are? lol :o

Yes, you can get 2 adults in the back of a MINI, at least I can at 5'9".

With the (old) TT, it is almost impossible to get in and out. It IS impossible to turn your feet so you can sit forward. There is also a warning on the hatch that people should duck when it is being closed :eek:

Crombers
16th May 2007, 11:43 PM
Gings is this still ongoing???

Dear Fiona, deep (darkened) breaths in quiet solitude and it will all be over soon. Relax :cool:

Mini Ecosse
17th May 2007, 08:34 AM
ok short list today is

Audi TT Coupe used but new style

Z4 Coupe new but with 4k of list price

and a

A3 S Line 2.0 litre diesel sport special edition actually really cool looking.

Depending on deals offered looking to be between the 2 Audi's

Daughtrer picks up A3 S next month. Nice looking motor, braw with 18" alloys.:)

Big Gordy
17th May 2007, 08:44 AM
I see you can get the A3 with the 3.2 engine :eek: I bet that can shift :D The Audi garage in Stirling have one just outside the main showroom :cool: I suppose its just an R32 with an Audi body rather than a golf :rolleyes:

ianking
17th May 2007, 08:54 AM
All of the cars you mentioned there are dead smart Fi.
I fancy an A3 S line Tdi for my next motor.

I think the TT will be nice. The Audi's will hold their money better than the BMW.

Scottie
17th May 2007, 09:33 AM
I see you can get the A3 with the 3.2 engine :eek: I bet that can shift :D The Audi garage in Stirling have one just outside the main showroom :cool: I suppose its just an R32 with an Audi body rather than a golf :rolleyes:

a black one I saw that

weefossy
17th May 2007, 09:27 PM
Fi - No.
Listen to Bonnie S; he has been there,so he is talking sense.
Would accept the fact that you don't need 2 minis, but you have got to keep one.
When we sold our classic, somebody asked me, "do you need the money?"
The answer was no, but I ignored his advice and selling it was one of the biggest mistakes I've made.
Put one away under a cover for now and the "urge" will come back. Trust me, I'm a salesman!!