PDA

View Full Version : PC help needed

john
11th May 2007, 12:40 AM
I have an unwanted icon on the bottom right corner of my PC it does not do anything and when the cursor is over it I get the following.........

ROXIO_USBDAPP I have searched the web and others have this problem but whats the solution?????????????:( :( :( :(

Gismo
11th May 2007, 04:39 AM
John,
Sounds like you have some kind of burner software that allows some kind of drag and drop feature to it.
Do you have Roxio burner on your computer, or, even Sonic or similar??
In any event, sounds like you tried to burn something from a USB dongle or similar.
I would try:-
Start button, run, type msconfig and hit enter, then go to the start tab, then look at all the applications that have a tick in them, if there is one with Roxio remove the tick, shut the window and reboot saying ys to all changes and to eep the current settings.
If that works, fine, but, if that was your burner software it might not work, or, it might reappear when you use it :rolleyes:

Good luck

john
11th May 2007, 08:49 AM
I have tried that as suggested from another site but it does not appear in the list:confused:

I have never burned any discs and as i said the icon oes not appear to do anything although according to what others have said it slows the PC down and they notice a vast improvement when they got rid of it by doing as you suggested but in many cases (me included) its not on the list and as far as I can figure out there is not a solution:eek:

Gismo
11th May 2007, 09:19 AM
Ok then, be very brave here, go back to run, this time type regedit and hit enter.
Use the save as feature to save a copy of the registry to your desktop, then, do a simple search (find function) for roxio, when you find them delete the string of text, or highlight the whole thing and delete it, then, search again (find)
Good luck, but, be warned, the registry is not for the faint hearted :eek:

Burple
11th May 2007, 10:24 AM
What he says ^ :D

also make sure that it's not installed - Start, control Panel, Add or Remove Programs, and look down the list for it.. click on it once to select it, then click the Uninstall button at the bottom right of the selected area...

I take it Roxio is not anywhere on the start menu?

What happens if you right click on the Icon? you should get a context menu pop up, maybe with 'options', 'settings' or 'properties' in it... there may be a choice on there to stop it running... Tho I've never used Roxio, so that's just an informed guess :D

john
11th May 2007, 06:35 PM
I am offshore now so I will not risk me knackering things yet, I will wait until I get home.

I did try add/remove programs previously but no deal and also right or even left click does nothing;)