PDA

View Full Version : Oblivious...

Mon the fish
8th May 2007, 04:38 PM
Mr Davies :mad:

Sunday afternoon, about half 1, passing Carron Co-op/Lidl. Me and my missus both waving at you (yellow Coop, chequered roof and mirrors), and no wave back!

Also you were holding up a large line of traffic, including a bus :p

Is this R56 snobbery starting - don't wave at R52/53's? :D:p

Craig
8th May 2007, 07:29 PM
Sorry Gordon and Laura... :(

MarkyC was in the passenger seat and waved, but I was too busy trying to p*ss off the bus driver....

He was stopped at the bus stop just a bit up the road and I indicated to overtake him and had just got my nose past his back end, when he indicated and started accelerating. I was already alongside, so I just managed to get in front of him before the next little traffic island :mad:

the reason for the q behind me is that I slowed down to 15 mph to p*ss him off ;) Why do bus drivers think it is in the road traffic law that they can just indicate and pull out when they like :confused: W*nkers

I wave to all mini's in the area, and definately not a bit of snobbery...<BIG SMILLIE FACE AS I HAVE USED UP ALL MY SMILLIES>

vintageb3
8th May 2007, 08:06 PM
Actually Craig...it is in the highway code that once they indicate that they are pulling out...you must give way.

BUT!...I...like you...get annoyed when they indicate and pull out when you are halfway along their bus!

mark

Craig
8th May 2007, 08:17 PM
yeah mark, but highway code is not road traffic law.... HUGE difference..;) :D

Mon the fish
8th May 2007, 09:24 PM
I hate buses with a passion :mad:

Better not tell MarkyC that Laura thought it was Mrs Davies waving back...:D

PACMAN
8th May 2007, 09:38 PM
yeah mark, but highway code is not road traffic law.... HUGE difference..;) :D

and it's quotes to tear along the doted line ;)

Crombers
8th May 2007, 11:53 PM
Sorry Gordon and Laura... :(

MarkyC was in the passenger seat and waved, but I was too busy trying to p*ss off the bus driver....

He was stopped at the bus stop just a bit up the road and I indicated to overtake him and had just got my nose past his back end, when he indicated and started accelerating. I was already alongside, so I just managed to get in front of him before the next little traffic island :mad:

the reason for the q behind me is that I slowed down to 15 mph to p*ss him off ;) Why do bus drivers think it is in the road traffic law that they can just indicate and pull out when they like :confused: W*nkers

I wave to all mini's in the area, and definately not a bit of snobbery...<BIG SMILLIE FACE AS I HAVE USED UP ALL MY SMILLIES>

Jings, where do we start here , did you use MSM ?

Gismo
9th May 2007, 05:16 AM
Sorry Gordon and Laura...
I'd think there is a law against that too :p
I'm glad i wasn't one of the many cars being held up by your illegal antics :rolleyes:

Craig
9th May 2007, 07:39 AM
Jings, where do we start here , did you use MSM ?

Yes... ;) did the bus driver :confused: :mad:

Craig
9th May 2007, 07:40 AM
I'd think there is a law against that too :p
I'm glad i wasn't one of the many cars being held up by your illegal antics :rolleyes:

:D it was only for about 100yds.... and there is no specific law on minimum speed limits in built up areas...;)

vintageb3
9th May 2007, 07:57 AM
OK...I've been in contact with the bus company who in turn has contacted the bus driver concerned,

He told his supervisor "Wee 56 MINI...Oh I rememeber that!....I pulled out because I've heard that all the blue ones are faulty....I didn't think that he was going to get passed me. Then when he did eventually pass me...the car took a wee flounder and the poor guy could only do 15MPH. I felt sorry for the guy so I flashed my lights and gestured to him to take to the side of the road...thought seeing as I've been driving old busses for 28 years...i could have a wee shifty at his engine. With the racket coming off the car...I think the diesel pump was away"

Hope this clears themings up for you Craig?
:eek: :D ;)

Anon