PDA

View Full Version : Summer Movie Poll

AndyP & Lenore
7th May 2007, 07:04 PM
So, which of the above movies are on your list for this summer?

A.:D

FergusM
7th May 2007, 07:30 PM
What about the new horror file..."28 weeks later", now that I realllly fancy seeing. Though no idea when that is out.

AndyP & Lenore
7th May 2007, 07:47 PM
What about the new horror file..."28 weeks later", now that I realllly fancy seeing. Though no idea when that is out.

Starts this Friday (11th May). :D

PACMAN
7th May 2007, 08:49 PM
Saw Spider man 3 at the weekend and it was crap.... i think i fell asleep watching it :rolleyes: oh the other half said i did :(

but the rest on the list look good :p;)

AndyP & Lenore
7th May 2007, 09:25 PM
Saw Spider man 3 at the weekend and it was crap.... i think i fell asleep watching it :rolleyes: oh the other half said i did

but the rest on the list look good

Its a strange one. Lenore and I watched it the other day and we loved it. We're huge spidey fans though. Although I would admit, you can't beat the first one.

But I can see where folk may not like it. It certainly has some strange sections in it.

It's the busiest Spidey film ever for us... by a wide margin.:D

PACMAN
7th May 2007, 09:29 PM
Loved the first
second was ok

Normally third is better than the first two but not in this case :(

N12 JLK
7th May 2007, 10:09 PM
Im still waiting for the Wizard of Oz:rolleyes:

Burple
8th May 2007, 10:40 AM

Just what I was about to say...
How could you have left that off the list young man????

Looks like it'll blow all the other Hollywood cheese out of the water....

To be honest.. it's the only film I'm looking forward to this year so far :cool::p

Julz
8th May 2007, 10:55 AM
Tickets are booked for POTC3!!!:D :D :D :D

AndyP & Lenore
8th May 2007, 11:47 AM
Re: 28 Weeks later.... I kinda think from the trailer it's gone a bit Hollywood-ised. It may be that was the natural way for the story to go, but I'm worried the result will be a fairly formulaic "The Yanks save the world - again" story. Difficult to tell from the trailer.

No disrespect meant to any USA based forum members.;)

Burple
8th May 2007, 12:04 PM
Yeah, but they could have made that kind of trailer for the first film too, but they chose to be more atmospheric...

Danny Boyle hasn't gone wrong yet ;):D

Hopefully the film will be just as excellent as the first one, and not a crappy Hollywood SFX explosions-fest..

AndyP & Lenore
8th May 2007, 12:55 PM
Yeah, but they could have made that kind of trailer for the first film too, but they chose to be more atmospheric...

Danny Boyle hasn't gone wrong yet ;):D

Hopefully the film will be just as excellent as the first one, and not a crappy Hollywood SFX explosions-fest..

That's the thing. I'm dubious about how much Mr Boyle has had to do with this one. Sure, he's credited as exec producer, but all too often, that's just a formality for using a name to give a film credit.

Let's hope I'm wrong.:o

A.;)

AndyP & Lenore
9th May 2007, 08:21 PM
I'm guessing Transformers doesn't appeal. Which is a tad worrying because the trailer is clearly aiming the film at a mature audience, rather than children. The lack of votes on here makes me think they've got the trailer wrong, or the whole thing is going to flop.:(

A.:)

PACMAN
9th May 2007, 09:09 PM
Transformers hasn't been on the big screen before but the rest have :rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
10th May 2007, 12:09 AM
Transformers hasn't been on the big screen before but the rest have :rolleyes:

Simpsons?;)

It is a summer of threequels and fourquels, I'll grant you that.:rolleyes:

bigcoyote
10th May 2007, 12:58 AM
We will be seeing the POTC3 - my 5yr old LOVES pirates! He has seen the other 2 POTC in the theaters and it is the only movies he will actually sit and watch.

We will be inline for the first day its open -- what fun:(

The Dogfather
10th May 2007, 01:21 AM
Re: 28 Weeks later.... I kinda think from the trailer it's gone a bit Hollywood-ised. It may be that was the natural way for the story to go, but I'm worried the result will be a fairly formulaic "The Yanks save the world - again" story. Difficult to tell from the trailer.

No disrespect meant to any USA based forum members.;)

I'm surprised they haven't moved the location to New York, bit like the Italian Job which was mainly in ....... you've guessed it, the U S of A

AndyP & Lenore
22nd May 2007, 10:40 PM
Just been having a wee looky at Transformers.

There's a new trailer available, which has changed my mind somewhat. This film now looks awesome. It's a sort of Independence Day meets Black Hawk Down meets Godzilla meets Jurassic Park. ish.

The low res trailer is here:
http://movies.yahoo.com/summer-movies/Transformers/1808716430/trailers/31

The same trailer is available as a download in HD. See the format size list here:
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/transformers.html

Does it change anyone else's mind?

I'm not daft enough to think it looks anything like as deep as The Shawshank Redemption or as entertaining as the 'Rings trilogy, but as a summer popcorn blockbuster, it may just work after all.

Burple
23rd May 2007, 10:48 AM

Well... We went to see 28 Weeks later last week...
It was... Ok. Nothing special I'm afraid..
A slight change to the formula Andy ;)
"The Yanks TRY to save the world, then when Bobby Carlisle gets the better of the US Army and all their technology just by being a 'zombie', they blow the crap out of it" (Sound familiar? ;):rolleyes:)..

Don't get me wrong, there were a LOT of good touches, and stuff carried over fromt he first one, but they could have done so much more on the atmosphere side of things like the first one. It was a bit too much "America's here, let's blow stuff up"...

AndyP & Lenore
1st July 2007, 10:36 AM
Anyone been to see Shrek 3 yet? Wadayathink?

New trailer out for Bourne Supremacy here. (http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/thebourneultimatum/) Click the "Theatrical Trailer" in whatever definition you require. It's a cracker.

Dashik
1st July 2007, 12:24 PM
Anyone been to see Shrek 3 yet? Wadayathink?

New trailer out for Bourne Supremacy here. (http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/thebourneultimatum/) Click the "Theatrical Trailer" in whatever definition you require. It's a cracker.

Off to see Shrek3 in about 5 mins :D

POTC3 was very good. Not quite upto the first too mind but not bad.

zimbo
1st July 2007, 05:17 PM
Well I fancy seeing most of the films on the list. I saw "The Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer" while I was in Orlando and it was really good.

Saw the trailer for "Transformers" at the same time and I have to say I am definately going to see that film... :D

I thought Cineworld in Dundees screens were big, boy was I wrong!! The one we were in in Orlandos Universal Studios was HUGE... :eek:

Fairy
2nd July 2007, 01:06 PM
Went to c Shrek the Third on sunday and was really disappointed with it :( Wans't a very good story to it and Donkey didn't have nearly enough funny one liners ;) Boo-hoo to Shrek!
Off to see Die hard 4 next......Bruce Willis in a white tank-top again.....Mmmmmm:p :rolleyes:

FergusM
2nd July 2007, 02:32 PM
I took my oldest (3 years old) son to Shrek3... not anywhere as near good as the other two films. :(

Still it was his first ever film and he loved it.

Neil and Lorna
16th July 2007, 11:29 PM
I watched Transformers last night at a pre opening screening.

I was pretty tired from being up at 6am for the Fast and Modified show so I was kind of hoping I was going to stay awake through the film which didn't start until 11pm.

I was glued to the screen for the whole 2 1/2 hours the action just keeps going and going right from the opening sequence. The film is really quite funny as well in between the action sequences.

Go see it peeps. you wont be disappointed, I hope.

Neil.:D

AndyP & Lenore
16th July 2007, 11:32 PM
Go see it peeps. you wont be disappointed, I hope.

Neil.:D

Go to it bro.... drum up more business.:D :D :D

A.;)

Maxxed Ross
16th July 2007, 11:50 PM
Harry potter and spider man are the only 2 not on mine, the previous ones have been rubbish

Seen Pirates (very weird) and Shrek (funny but not as funny as the first 2)

hoping to see Die Hard this wed

AndyP & Lenore
16th July 2007, 11:52 PM
Harry potter and spider man are the only 2 not on mine, the previous ones have been rubbish

Seen Pirates (very weird) and Shrek (funny but not as funny as the first 2)

hoping to see Die Hard this wed

Die Hard 4.0 is very cool. Waaaaay better than Die Hard 3.0 ;)

stoney
17th July 2007, 06:45 PM
i seen this is england the other night what a brill film loved it
only thing about it as left so meny things at an open end at the finish but apart from that what a superb film !!!:D :D :D

also seen shrek 3 not to good imo as said not as funny as other 2

realy looking forward 2 the transformers movie tho :D

Scottie
17th July 2007, 06:58 PM
anyone when how long before Die Hard is out on DVD:confused:

stoney
17th July 2007, 07:12 PM

that depends on where u bye it :rolleyes:

Craig
17th July 2007, 07:58 PM

should be between 3 and 6 months fi, but I think they will have it out before Xmas to catch the xmas shoppers.. :D

sedgie
17th July 2007, 08:09 PM
Going to see Harry Potter tomorra:D

AndyP & Lenore
17th July 2007, 08:13 PM

Die Hard will not be released on DVD before Sunday 4th November. But it could be released any day from that date on.;)

X30YES
17th July 2007, 09:17 PM
Die Hard 5 is out :eek: ...... :rolleyes: :D ........keep up guys !!

Gismo
18th July 2007, 04:36 AM
that depends on where u bye it :rolleyes:
It's widely available in Baku :rolleyes:
Disclaimer: i do not buy fake DVD's

Scottie
18th July 2007, 08:19 AM

is it. h'mm quality and good do you know.
:D

Gismo
18th July 2007, 08:41 AM
No idea Fi, i never buy em, honest, don't see the point of having a mega home cinema to put a crappy fake DVD into it

AndyP & Lenore
18th July 2007, 09:09 AM

Keep up this line of questioning, I'll delete your posts, tell everyone what your new car is, then visit you in the small hours and put a bat up your night-dress.:eek: :eek: :D

A.;) :D

X30YES
18th July 2007, 11:35 AM
Keep up this line of questioning, I'll delete your posts, tell everyone what your new car is, then visit you in the small hours and put a bat up your night-dress.:eek: :eek: :D

A.;) :D Right Adolf ...just before you start getting a bit carried away ....:eek: .....;)

Disclaimer 2 ...Nor do I , however I did watched it the other night:D :rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
18th July 2007, 04:22 PM
Right Adolf ...just before you start getting a bit carried away ....:eek: .....;)

Disclaimer 2 ...Nor do I , however I did watched it the other night:D :rolleyes:

Wasn't getting carried away with Alan's post.;) Wasn't getting carried away with anyone's post.;) But I'm still not going to sit here and watch Mrs Thorne discuss where she can buy dodgy illegal copes of a feature film.:rolleyes:

And, BTW, I find the Adolf insinuations rather insulting.:(

Scottie
18th July 2007, 06:50 PM

A.;) :D

LOL.:D did I ever tell you about the time I was letting the dogs out last thing at night and a bat flew into inside the house:eek: :eek: :eek:

Scottie
18th July 2007, 06:53 PM
But I'm still not going to sit here and watch Mrs Thorne discuss where she can buy dodgy illegal copes of a feature film.:rolleyes:

Did I say I was going to buy a dodgy DVD I only asked about quality.;) :rolleyes: :p :p

AndyP & Lenore
18th July 2007, 07:29 PM
Did I say I was going to buy a dodgy DVD I only asked about quality.;) :rolleyes: :p :p

Tee hee. I'm not the only one to bite when wound up then.:D :D

A.;)

Scottie
18th July 2007, 07:33 PM
Tee hee. I'm not the only one to bite when wound up then.:D :D

A.;)

I wasn't biting :p :p ;) I was just being nice in my reply;) ;) :p peace I was only pulling your leg earlier.:D

AndyP & Lenore
18th July 2007, 07:36 PM
I wasn't biting :p :p ;) I was just being nice in my reply;) ;) :p peace I was only pulling your leg earlier.:D

I know. And so was I.;) Pulling your leg, that is. Not much fun in pulling my own leg. Besides, if I pull to much, it starts to hurt.:D

A.;)

AndyP & Lenore
3rd August 2007, 11:52 PM
Watched the Simpsons Movie tonight.

Loved it. Never seen an episode before, but I loved the movie.:D ;)

stoney
4th August 2007, 10:09 AM

we went 2 see this last night as well it was good

spider pig spider pig dos what ever spider pig dose :D :D :D

AndyP & Lenore
4th August 2007, 02:31 PM

LOL. I can't get that song out my head now.

DOH!!!!

X30YES
4th August 2007, 10:19 PM
"Did I say I was going to buy a dodgy DVD I only asked about quality"

Very Good indeed ;) and the pop corn is cheap as well :rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
4th August 2007, 10:24 PM
"Did I say I was going to buy a dodgy DVD I only asked about quality"

Very Good indeed ;) and the pop corn is cheap as well :rolleyes:

Keep up auld yin, that conversation is over two weeks old.:eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A.

stoney
5th August 2007, 11:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDNkLM2aK-g

zimbo
5th August 2007, 05:27 PM
Anyone seen the "The Simpsons Movie" if so is it worth going to see? I've heard mixed revues all over the place.

AndyP & Lenore
5th August 2007, 06:49 PM

Anyone seen the "The Simpsons Movie" if so is it worth going to see? I've heard mixed revues all over the place.

Does the two posts above answer your question.

Can only speak for myself, but I loved it. And the feedback from our customers is that it is excellent. We can always tell how well a film is going down by the atmosphere in the hall, the laughter from the audience and from speaking with customers when they exit. On all fronts, it scores 10/10!

Bumble
5th August 2007, 10:27 PM
Yep - I enjoyed anyway - my other half just keeps singing spider pig!

scottymc
5th August 2007, 11:23 PM
why isn't resident evil on this poll?

to be honest i've seen all of them apart from Bourne Ultimatum and i have to say

Spider Man 3 - best spiderman film of the 3, but still poor.

Pirates Of The Cribbean 3 - all hail jack!!!

Die Hard 4.0 - its been a while but he's back and as good as ever.

Shrek 3 - poorest film of the 3.

Harry Potter 5 - read the book it explains a lot more.

Transformers - what can so say but WOW!

The Simpsons Movie - funny but it could of been done in two episodes.

AndyP & Lenore
5th August 2007, 11:49 PM
why isn't resident evil on this poll?

By that do you mean Resident Evil: Extinction? It's not out until late September. Not much of a "summer" film.;)

I was really trying to keep to the major summer event movies. I also missed off Firehouse Dog, Hairspray, Evan Almighty, Rush Hour 3, Licence to Wed etc., etc.

PACMAN
10th August 2007, 10:40 PM
Right just about seen all of them

spider man 3 - ok

POTC - brill

die hard 4 - classic - best one yet

sherk 3 - ok

HP5 - crap

transfromers - brill

borne - soon . hurry up and come out of hiding

the simpson - classic

duncan
17th August 2007, 02:03 PM
I Went to see The Simpsons Movie finally today.
5 people in the cinema. It was great. No screaming kids, people on mobiles, infact, it was how a Cinema should be all the time!

Anyway, Simpsons Movie. I'll give it a meah.
Looked forward to this for a long time, and was disapointed by the story, but the actual big screen look was fab.

Burple
17th August 2007, 04:23 PM
By that do you mean Resident Evil: Extinction? It's not out until late September. Not much of a "summer" film.;)

I was really trying to keep to the major summer event movies. I also missed off Firehouse Dog, Hairspray, Evan Almighty, Rush Hour 3, Licence to Wed etc., etc.

Wow. So Hollywood really *is* out of ideas for a half decent film? ;):D

6 out of the original list of 8 are sequels as is Rush Hour 3..
'Hairspray'?? Dear god make it stop! :rolleyes: The rest are cheesy American tat.

Harry Potter and the Order Of The Pheonix was actually pretty good, but we *DID* see it at the Science Centre in Glasgow on the IMAX screen, the last 20 mins in 3D. Otherwise it'd be a 'meh'.

Probably wait till the new Resident Evil comes out on DVD after the last one was so bad.

p.s.. anyone remember the film 'Ravenous' (Guy Pearce and Robert Carlyle)? Now there's an original script, and a damn fine film. Funny too :D I only mention it cos it was on Sky the other night and I just had to watch it again :D