PDA

View Full Version : New Posts and Today's Posts options.

AndyP & Lenore
7th May 2007, 04:05 PM
I know it's still early days and we're all learning the new ways of the site, but wondered if it would be possible to add in the functionality of the Snitz system where you could ask for all new posts in the last 10min/30min/1hour/6hour/2weeks etc etc. That is probably the only thing I'll miss about Snitz.

Oh, and can we have the ability to put more than 4 smilies in a post? Pretty please?

A.;)

vintageb3
7th May 2007, 06:05 PM
I agree with Andy...handy feature auto refresh was....

I'm often at the computer but doing other things....but leave a NMS window open

Smilies?...don't care about them...I never smile:(

mark

AndyP & Lenore
7th May 2007, 06:11 PM
Not sure I've ever seen an auto re-fresh option on a vBulletin board, so I'm pretty sure we'll need to exert the energy to click the button ourselves (everybody go awwwwww). But a timed "new posts since" option would be very nice.

Unlike Mark, I smile all the time. Just ask Lenore.:o

A.:D

N12 JLK
7th May 2007, 10:26 PM
We need more smilie's, tried earlier to reply with a qoute on a MarkyC post and because he had used up the quota of smilies I wasnt allowed:(

markyc
7th May 2007, 11:18 PM
Defo need more smiles :D (if possible) and Mark I'm sure I saw you smiling (once) :eek: ;)

monsta mo mini admin
8th May 2007, 08:01 AM
Knew this would happen.

You're just going to have to accept that some of the features available on Snitz are not avaialbale in vBulletin and vice versa. I will NOT be modding the code for vBulletin, it costs too much money.

Yes - I can add more smilies and will be doing so if you give me a minute - I have already pointed out that there is work still to be done on the forums - if you could please exihibit a little patience.

Thanks

AndyP & Lenore
8th May 2007, 09:32 AM
Knew this would happen.

You're just going to have to accept that some of the features available on Snitz are not avaialbale in vBulletin and vice versa. I will NOT be modding the code for vBulletin, it costs too much money.

Yes - I can add more smilies and will be doing so if you give me a minute - I have already pointed out that there is work still to be done on the forums - if you could please exihibit a little patience.

Thanks

Sorry Calum, but I understood this forum to be "Site Feedback". I was merely feeding back. I don't think the tone of my post required such a terse reply.

I've no doubt there's tonne's of work to do on the forums, but does that mean we can't "suggest" or "request" features for you to consider? Or should we all just keep quiet and be grateful for what we get?

Don't misinterpret this post.... The new forums are a major improvement.:) I like the look, the feel and the improved functionality. And with a new server, hopefully it will have improved stability too.:cool: I'm sorry if you thought my original post was in any way negative.

A.:D