PDA

View Full Version : Inverness holiday.

AndyP & Lenore
6th May 2007, 11:57 PM
Got back on Thursday. Had 5 days away in the caravan. Lenore's Brother and Sister-in-law came over from the USA and hired an RV (motor caravan to us), and her folks came in their caravan too.

We all had a great time. Some absolutely magnificent scenery up that neck of the woods.

Had a boat trip down Loch Ness, didn't see Nessie.

Anyone thinking of a caravan holiday in the Inverness area (Low n Loud);) , I'd strongly suggest Culloden Moor Caravan Club Site - Many thanks to Scottiecoop for her recommendation. The site is in a great location for access to most of the touristy stuff up there.

A.:D

Scottie
7th May 2007, 12:08 AM
:p r is it not motorhome to us.

AndyP & Lenore
7th May 2007, 12:11 AM
:p r is it not motorhome to us.

Or caravanette. I suppose.;)

N12 JLK
7th May 2007, 10:14 PM
Police had put out a warning for the public to be on the look out for 2 shady looking people from the borders last week in an X5 in surounding Inverness areas;)

AndyP & Lenore
7th May 2007, 10:23 PM
Police had put out a warning for the public to be on the look out for 2 shady looking people from the borders last week in an X5 in surounding Inverness areas;)

LOL. They were too busy looking for a dodgy looking tool (salseman) in a VW Jetta to find us.
;)

A.

AndyP & Lenore
7th May 2007, 10:24 PM
Fiona, I remember you saying you got really rubbish gas mileage with your X5 when towing. We managed about 25mpg towing up and down the A9. How does that compare with your experience with your X? I'll admit, the A9 isn't the most arduous road to tow on. Fairly straight for the most part.

N12 JLK
7th May 2007, 10:36 PM
see those bloody caravans on the A9:D
what do you mean dodgy tools salesmen, well ok take your point:( :( :p

quota of smilies used up

AndyP & Lenore
7th May 2007, 10:38 PM
quota of smilies used up

PITA, innit?:mad:

N12 JLK
7th May 2007, 10:42 PM
PITA, innit?:mad:

PITA:confused:

markyc
7th May 2007, 11:12 PM
LOL. They were too busy looking for a dodgy looking tool (salseman) in a VW Jetta to find us.
;)

A.

I would second that :eek: :D :)

AndyP & Lenore
7th May 2007, 11:42 PM
PITA:confused:

Pain In The Ass. ;)

Burple
8th May 2007, 11:01 AM
Anyone thinking of a caravan holiday in the Inverness area (Low n Loud) ,

A.

Lol.. not flippin' likely!!

I'd rather camp at Fort Augustus, or stay in one of the Log Cabins on the edge of the Loch! :p
Apart from the fact you can't move for blummin tourists up there! :D

Which boat did you go on Andy? one from the Inverness end? I know the guy who runs http://www.cruiselochness.com/ out of Fort Augustus...from early Mini days.. always an entertaining trip! :cool::D

AndyP & Lenore
8th May 2007, 11:42 AM
It was Jacobite Tours - Cruise Loch Ness. They do a few different tours each day, from 1 hour trips to 4 hour marathons. We went for the 2 hour tour, comprising: 30 minute boat trip from Clansman Hotel, 1 hour on Urquhart Castle then 30 minute trip back to the hotel. I'd have liked to have spent more time on the boat, but the only other tours they did that spent longer on the boat involved a bus trip from Inverness. And we had a 1 year old with us, so weren't sure how she would take to the boat.

Well worth the money though. Had a good time.:D

The Dogfather
8th May 2007, 12:58 PM
Inverness and the surrounding countryside is beautiful, one bit of Scotland I will definately miss :(