PDA

View Full Version : Back at Mini AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

illegalhunter
6th May 2007, 10:31 PM
Well my mcs is back @ Mini in bits again . The centre consol doesnt light up. The footwell sensor has been short circuit.Oh & it takes 2 days to fix p.s we dont have courtesy car for you. The timing chain is rattling like feck. 1more fault & they can take it the feck back & ill have my £22k back, A lada would have less faults.Well they have fixed the light problem, but i have to wait for the BMW TEC to come from England about my noisey engine. They say they dont no what the problem is. They dont no when he is coming back up to Scotland. What a set up what do they no , well ill tell you he better get his ass in gear or i will never be off the phone/fax/email till there desperate to give me my money back.

AndyP & Lenore
6th May 2007, 11:45 PM
Not good news.:(

And what is it with dealers saying they don't have courtesy cars :( Why can't they just pick a half decent (used) car off the forecourt and hand that out. Any dealers out there feel they want to answer that question?

A.

Craig
7th May 2007, 10:05 AM
sorry your still having problems John,

I'm nearly 4 months in and am still waiting on 2 problems being fixed. :(

N12 JLK
7th May 2007, 08:11 PM
Off to get fixed on Friday. And have a convertible all day - pray for sun everyone:D

PACMAN
7th May 2007, 08:45 PM
is it me but is it only the blue one with problems :eek::rolleyes:

illegalhunter
7th May 2007, 09:00 PM
is it me but is it only the blue one with problems :eek::rolleyes: Yes i would look like that Pacman . Jason whats wrong with yours them?

Craig
7th May 2007, 09:07 PM
I think I am right in saying that his is going in to get the "characteristic" fixed which is more commonly known as a faulty alternator, V Pulley Poly Belt and Aircon Pulley. ;) :D

AndyP & Lenore
7th May 2007, 10:20 PM
is it me but is it only the blue one with problems :eek::rolleyes:

Maybe that's why ours is still delayed. It's LASER BLUE!:eek: :eek:

A.

Crombers
7th May 2007, 10:49 PM
Maybe that's why ours is still delayed. It's LASER BLUE!:eek: :eek:

A.

Stay waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay clear of this colour kids :rolleyes: :p

markyc
7th May 2007, 11:06 PM
Naw Crombers It's the best colour to have :D Wouldn't it be boring if there weren't any 'characteristics' to get fixed :rolleyes: :confused: ;)

illegalhunter
8th May 2007, 07:53 PM
Craig how long did you wait for the BMW Tec to come from England?

vintageb3
8th May 2007, 08:02 PM
Oh!

I have a punchline all ready for Craig's answer:)

mark

Craig
8th May 2007, 08:22 PM
Craig how long did you wait for the BMW Tec to come from England?

it depends John, I am actually waiting on Steven Knowles coming to look at my car again as Menzies have investigated the sound of running water twice and can't get to the bottom of it.. I was told I would get a phone call when they know when he will be in, but no definate timescale...:(

He seems to do a block visit of a few dealerships in Scotland all at the same time so it depends how many faults there have to be to make it worth his while..

illegalhunter
8th May 2007, 08:50 PM
Looks like the first cheeky email on the way soon then!

vintageb3
8th May 2007, 09:02 PM
Bummer:(

I was waiting for "Two weeks"

And my punchline was: What?...does he use a push bike!"

OK then...no more punchlines:(

mark

KenL
8th May 2007, 09:42 PM
it depends John, I am actually waiting on Steven Knowles coming to look at my car again as Menzies have investigated the sound of running water twice and can't get to the bottom of it.. I was told I would get a phone call when they know when he will be in, but no definate timescale...:(

Is this a sound you here when you start the car?

I've heard this once or twice in mine. I do not consider this a fault as the car is fine, everything works - so what's the problem:confused:

Does your's do it all the time, can you hear it when you are driving?

illegalhunter
8th May 2007, 10:00 PM
The noise always there so thats a problem for me Ken

KenL
8th May 2007, 10:16 PM
The noise always there so thats a problem for me Ken

As in, you can hear it when you are driving or after the car has been running for a while?

illegalhunter
8th May 2007, 10:48 PM
I stay in Irvine /work in Glasgow you can here it all the way to work 36 mins on the m77

KenL
8th May 2007, 11:18 PM
I stay in Irvine /work in Glasgow you can here it all the way to work 36 mins on the m77

That certainly sounds like a fault :(

Craig
9th May 2007, 07:31 AM
That certainly sounds like a fault :(

Exact same for me Ken, which is why it has been in 2 times to get fixed and why the Head of MINI Tech is looking into it... I sometimes think from the tone of your posts that you think I just put my car in for silly little problems.... This problem definately sounds like an air lock of some description, therefore not a good situation..

I still have a few other problems that I haven't bothered telling them about yet as it's been 4 months and I'm still waiting on the original problems getting fixed...:(

The Dogfather
9th May 2007, 11:26 AM
Just an observation, but it seems as though MINI are using the Microsoft method of product testing. i.e. release it to the public and let them find the bugs.

Shocking, MINI are taking advantage of the popularity of the car and buyer brand loyalty. I'd have rejected the car if I'd have half the faults that you've had Craig, but then again I'm not the most patient.

Craig
9th May 2007, 11:31 AM
I did reject the car Paul 3 months ago :( , however they told me that I had to give them an opportunity to fix it and if they couldn't fix it satisfactorily then I could go done the rejection route. They would not budge on this. I therefore said yes and I am still waiting on them fixing all of the faults (only 2 to go and going in tommorrow to get one of those fixed...;) )

Shocking service from MINI UK :mad:

FergusM
9th May 2007, 12:52 PM
This is rather worrying me ! I think I need to read up on the procedure for rejecting a car, if I get issues like you are getting I will be following that procedure to the letter.

Not that I want to reject my car, just that I will not be putting up with it not being perfect, afterall it will be costing a lot of ££

How many goes do you have to give them to fix ? Guessing best to put everything in writing so that it is easy to keep a track of when reported, and any subsequent attampts to fix.

FergusM
9th May 2007, 12:57 PM
Well my mcs is back @ Mini in bits again . The centre consol doesnt light up. The footwell sensor has been short circuit.Oh & it takes 2 days to fix p.s we dont have courtesy car for you. The timing chain is rattling like feck. 1more fault & they can take it the feck back & ill have my £22k back, A lada would have less faults.Well they have fixed the light problem, but i have to wait for the BMW TEC to come from England about my noisey engine. They say they dont no what the problem is. They dont no when he is coming back up to Scotland. What a set up what do they no , well ill tell you he better get his ass in gear or i will never be off the phone/fax/email till there desperate to give me my money back.

What dealer is trying to fix your car ?

The Dogfather
9th May 2007, 02:50 PM
Craig, as I understand it, its your decision to reject the car, MINI should have no say in the decision. If they can't fix the car within a reasonable period of time say a month at most then you should have no problem if you have to take them to court to get your money back.......

KenL
9th May 2007, 04:48 PM
I did reject the car Paul 3 months ago :( , however they told me that I had to give them an opportunity to fix it and if they couldn't fix it satisfactorily then I could go done the rejection route. They would not budge on this. I therefore said yes and I am still waiting on them fixing all of the faults (only 2 to go and going in tommorrow to get one of those fixed...;) )

Shocking service from MINI UK :mad:

The shocking service is from the dealer. Your contract is with them, not MINI UK.

KenL
9th May 2007, 04:50 PM
Exact same for me Ken, which is why it has been in 2 times to get fixed and why the Head of MINI Tech is looking into it... I sometimes think from the tone of your posts that you think I just put my car in for silly little problems.... This problem definately sounds like an air lock of some description, therefore not a good situation..

Sorry about that :o

I thought you had the water sound occasionally on start up. This was also reported by R50 owners.

KenL
9th May 2007, 04:52 PM
This thread: http://www.mini2.com/forum/2nd-gen-faults-fixes/135970-when-reject-when-not-reject-your-car.html on MINI2 offers advice on rejection.

If I were you. I would write to the dealer principal, stating that they are allowed one further attempt to fully and finally fix the outstanding faults within a certain timescale. If they fail, you expect a full refund or replacement car ordered to your spec.

Craig
9th May 2007, 07:18 PM
The shocking service is from the dealer. Your contract is with them, not MINI UK.

The biggest problem is that the manufacturer put out the vehicle with so many inherent faults and when the dealer attempts to fix them, there are no parts available, that's what I mean by shocking service from MINI UK.:(

I am not saying the dealer has been perfect with the way this has been dealt with, but at least they are trying to fix the problems :) I am waiting on the Tech from MINI coming to look at the car (for the 2nd time) and we shall see what he has to say on the running water noise..

illegalhunter
9th May 2007, 09:07 PM
Well i went & test drove Civic type S GT DIESEL todat they offered me £18300 as a trade in on a £19k civic . So iam thinking about it. There was terrible engine noise & was so rapid

KenL
9th May 2007, 09:14 PM
Well i went & test drove Civic type S GT DIESEL todat they offered me £18300 as a trade in on a £19k civic . So iam thinking about it. There was terrible engine noise & was so rapid

Is the Civic £19k? That is more than the type-R!

Do you like the looks of the Civic? I just can't get used to it at all.

illegalhunter
9th May 2007, 09:35 PM
Well there just like Mini there are options , ive just fired off the first email to Mini about my car & the unaceptble engine noise . & its been back 4 times & 4/6/weeks for the Tec is not aceptble time scale or i will start the rejection process from today. I wait with baited breath for the reply,

PACMAN
9th May 2007, 09:36 PM
good luck :(

illegalhunter
10th May 2007, 08:06 PM
Well with no reply today i went ho honda to spec the car
Type S GT DIESEL
HIFI UPGRADE
SATNAV
18" ALLOYS
REAR SPOILER
£20K
IVE GOT TO SAT TO DECIDE FOR A JULY DELIVERY
But ill have nearly new bits to sell

KenL
10th May 2007, 10:17 PM
Type S GT DIESEL
HIFI UPGRADE
SATNAV
18" ALLOYS
REAR SPOILER
£20K

I'm sure it is a great car, but for that money, also consider a Golf GTI or 170bhp GT TDI ;) Better re-sale than a specced up Honda - but not as good as a MINI.

Unless you really need it, built in SatNav is the biggest waste of money on the planet!

The Dogfather
10th May 2007, 10:28 PM
I'm sure it is a great car, but for that money, also consider a Golf GTI or 170bhp GT TDI ;) Better re-sale than a specced up Honda - but not as good as a MINI.

Unless you really need it, built in SatNav is the biggest waste of money on the planet!
Wouldn't touch a Golf 170 tdi, the power is far too peaky. For that sort of money you could get a nearly new Lexus IS220d SE or a 320d M Sport from motorpoint.co.uk

KenL
10th May 2007, 11:03 PM
Wouldn't touch a Golf 170 tdi, the power is far too peaky. For that sort of money you could get a nearly new Lexus IS220d SE or a 320d M Sport from motorpoint.co.uk

Is it not peaky because it is a diesel with a short rev range?

Are the Motorpoint cars pre-registered and 2nd-hand?

The Dogfather
10th May 2007, 11:30 PM
Is it not peaky because it is a diesel with a short rev range?

Are the Motorpoint cars pre-registered and 2nd-hand?

Ken, you're quite right all diesels have short rev ranges but the 170 is shorter than most, its hard to describe the power band is really narrow. My Vectra (3.0V6) has much wider spread of torque across a wider rev range. It comes in at 1.5k and pulls right through to the redline (5.5k I think).

The cars I mentioned are nearly new, i.e. 6(ish) months old. My Vectra had 2.5k on it and was 6 months old, but it was £12.5k rather than the £23+k from the dealer. Not that I would be daft enough to buy a new Vectra.

Gismo
11th May 2007, 04:46 AM
Type S GT DIESEL
HIFI UPGRADE
SATNAV
18" ALLOYS
REAR SPOILER
£20K
Nice spec, but, i doubt your rejection will be complete in 2 days, i'd be worried about having 2 cars to pay for, especially as Mini do reserve the right to fix the car to your satisfaction, or, are you trading it in against the Honda :rolleyes:

illegalhunter
11th May 2007, 05:42 AM
I dont care about rejection iam sick driving a tuebo that sounds like a Transit van ,its going

ianking
11th May 2007, 08:37 AM
Surely the Honda garage will be wondering why you are wanting to trade the mini in so soon?
That is a good price they have offered you for it though. Presume you are removing the JCW wheels first though.

I do know how you feel though John, I do love the mini but my S is starting to sound a bit noisy now (after its been run in). Ive got 4600 miles on it now and most mornings its a bit diesely for about 5 mins. It really annoys me as several bits of interior trim are loose and rattling now. Infact the piano black dash trim came of in my hand the other day when I was cleaning it.
I really wish mini would get the build quality closer to BMW.
I do think my next car will be an Audi or a BMW again.
My dad has had an Audi for 2 years now and not a single fault or rattle and my 1 Series had no faults or rattles what so ever.

Scottie
11th May 2007, 08:58 AM
funny I was looking at the Honda 2000 yesterday. for a car at 28K I was not happy with the interior quality.

My mum recently bought a Civic ok it just the 1.4 but the interior are all the same and that wrap round plastic at the dials is awful.

Off to look at the Merc SLK's today.;)

ianking
11th May 2007, 09:10 AM
What about a new TT Fiona.

Scottie
11th May 2007, 09:17 AM
What about a new TT Fiona.

looked at them and the S3 while very nice I am not convinced.

Don't intend changing my Mini's yet but will be doing so around the time of the JCW's arrival but not sure this time if I will get a Mini as I am a bit fed up with them. Was thinking I could hire a Mini to go on any Mini runs;)

I like the Z4 Coupe. or the new Jeep wrangler 4 door with the 2.8 CRD engine.

Gismo
11th May 2007, 09:31 AM
That is a good price they have offered you for it though
Just noticed the trade in price, not bad, shame the new mini is having so many problems :(
Glad i opted for the last of the old model ;)

The Dogfather
11th May 2007, 11:01 AM
Is anyone 100% happy with their R56? Seems like everyone is pee'd off with the new model S

KenL
11th May 2007, 12:23 PM
Is anyone 100% happy with their R56? Seems like everyone is pee'd off with the new model S

Me.

I only wanted to type "me" but the forum said I had to enter 10 characters:rolleyes:

illegalhunter
11th May 2007, 01:06 PM
As for the JCW stuff iam leaving the wheels but ive got the original 17" flames but the strut brace mirror caps chrome scoop jcw mats will be coming out to sell on .Iam still swithering about getting rid as i love that mini ,but the engine is so noisey

Scottie
11th May 2007, 01:08 PM
As for the JCW stuff iam leaving the wheels but ive got the original 17" flames but the strut brace mirror caps chrome scoop jcw mats Iam still swithering about getting rid as i love that mini ,but the engine is so noisey

I'd buy your flame spokes how much.?????

Big Gordy
11th May 2007, 01:26 PM
Ohh oh:eek: the vultures are circuling:rolleyes:

ianking
11th May 2007, 01:37 PM
John
1st dibs at the strut brace if you want.
Ian

illegalhunter
11th May 2007, 05:00 PM
Well Mini have been on the phone to say the dealer should have took my car off the road straight away . So its going back ,but i still might get the Civic.

KenL
11th May 2007, 07:49 PM
As for the JCW stuff iam leaving the wheels but ive got the original 17" flames but the strut brace mirror caps chrome scoop jcw mats will be coming out to sell on .Iam still swithering about getting rid as i love that mini ,but the engine is so noisey

Wait a minute!

You are getting rid of your MINI to get a Honda with a diesel engine, don't you think that will be noisy?

Sure, on the move modern diesels are pretty quiet, but at standstill, they still sound like a taxi ;)

KenL
11th May 2007, 07:51 PM
Well Mini have been on the phone to say the dealer should have took my car off the road straight away . So its going back ,but i still might get the Civic.

What, it should have been rejected?

Have you got this info in writing?

If I were you, I would be going for a new car with a sweetener as compensation;)

illegalhunter
11th May 2007, 08:12 PM
The Civic diesel is so quite you would never no it was a diesel.

KenL
11th May 2007, 08:40 PM
The Civic diesel is so quite you would never no it was a diesel.

At tickover - I don't believe you :p

It certainly won't be quiet for people walking past ;)

Sweeney
11th May 2007, 08:50 PM
Civic diesels are as loud as most diesel engined cars these days, dont forget though, they are after all diesels so should bloody well sound like one lol, instead of a refined turbo petrol powerplant chugging like a diesel...

vintageb3
11th May 2007, 10:08 PM
Not that I would be daft enough to buy a new Vectra.

Why not?...you were daft enough to buy an experienced one!

ONLY JOKING!!! :D :eek:

mark

vintageb3
11th May 2007, 10:27 PM
John...

I would stop and think here. I know you are angry and upset about the car...but you did state something in one of your last posts..."I love that MINI"

I think you should give them a chance to fix the car now that BMW have stepped in...and are not just relying on the dealer. OR!!! get them to replace the car with like for like! or replace the engine or anything to appease you. After all...if you are i did work for a customer and something went wrong...wouldn't we have to do the right thing?

I don't think that you will ever be in love with a Honda.

Will you be joining newhondascotland,co,uk and be telling them how many sleeps till the car arrives?...No...I don't think so...

We all know you love your car...and from what I can tell...its because of a fault that you want to get rid of it. Faults can be fixed...you know that.

True...it may take time...and as Craig will tell you...it seems to be down to a parts shortage.

Think on it mate...

mark

illegalhunter
12th May 2007, 07:45 AM
Mark i have lost faith in the Mini i so wanted this car not to be a PIG IN A POKE but its going that way.Ill give the a chance to fix as i cant get a specable civic till 1st week July.

vintageb3
12th May 2007, 11:55 AM
I understand John...but it is highly unlikely that your car is a pig in a poke.

I have word from a good source within BMW that Craig was given that car:eek: :D (ONLY JOKING BIG GUY!)

All these things will be sorted out....I'm sure of it.

Why don't all you guys with faults go have a word with Carlo and get some interesting graphics made up to put on your car noting the problems that you are having? Bet that would speed up the repairs?

I knew a guy that bought a brand new van in our area...and he got the whole van written up with vinyl telling how the dealership and manufacturer of said vehicle wouldn't sort out his problems in BIG WRITING. He even had a sunstrip made up with "DO NOT BUY A XXXXXX VAN" He started driving the vehicle at 8.00 am on a Monday morning and by 11.00 am that morning received a call from the dealership;)

The manufacturer called him at 10.00 am the next morning.

He still wasn't satisfied with the service so on the next Saturday and Sunday he parked the van in front of the dealership and got his wife to pick him up with her car.

Monday morning at 8.30am sharp...he was given a call to say that a new vehicle had been ordered for him.

:D

mark

AeroJonny
12th May 2007, 12:13 PM
that's brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

illegalhunter
15th May 2007, 02:45 PM
Update well BMW tell me its not mt engine its the dreaded gearbox thingy . There taling the car back next Monday to fix it HA HA , i wait with baited breath for the out come.

vintageb3
15th May 2007, 05:36 PM
Well...this is good news John!

Hope it all works out for you...

mark