PDA

View Full Version : Apple TV

The Dogfather
6th May 2007, 09:31 PM
Wow, just got one of these. So easy to set up and its bloody brilliant, best £200 of Jackie's money I've ever spent ;)

If anyone's looking for a way to get their music collection from their PC into the living room then I would strongly recommend one of these.

vintageb3
6th May 2007, 10:56 PM
Yeah...I was going to buy one....but their is a downside...

Seemingly they don't give HD out to a HD TV...is that right?...Quality isn't all that great on a 42" screen I've been told...

But...do you know you can hack them?...you can turn them into a MacMini...because that's all they really are;)

Let us know you thoughts

mark

The Dogfather
7th May 2007, 11:42 AM
I have seen the hacks but they're a bit involved and don't really achieve a great deal.

The apple TV is currently running at 1080i which is top end HD so my pictures look great.

vintageb3
7th May 2007, 06:25 PM
I have seen the hacks but they're a bit involved and don't really achieve a great deal.

The apple TV is currently running at 1080i which is top end HD so my pictures look great.

I've just gone and checked the tech specs for the Apple TV...and you are correct (as you know you are)...you get 1080i out...

I did read a review...and the reviewer said that you "couldn't get 1080i out"

Maybe the Apple tv do da is back on the cards then!

Thanks for clearing this up VB...

mark

The Dogfather
7th May 2007, 10:35 PM
I'm having to tidy my photo library into albums as I'm getting all my photos showing rather than a select few.

The interesting thing is that the Apple TV upscales (1080i) the videos which are Ipod resolution, they aren't brilliant but they pass even on a 40" screen.

Apple have confirmed that they'll be adding extra features for free, can't wait.

N12 JLK
7th May 2007, 10:38 PM
Wow, just got one of these. So easy to set up and its bloody brilliant, best £200 of Jackie's money I've ever spent ;)

If anyone's looking for a way to get their music collection from their PC into the living room then I would strongly recommend one of these.

Blimey charlie I bought a granny smith last night and the picture quality is great:D
sorry couldnt resist