PDA

View Full Version : Brake Conversion (Alan, Julz, anyone ?)

Willie M
3rd February 2004, 04:33 PM
Okay, it won't be happening for a wee while yet but I wanted to start my research into a possible future brake conversion. AP Racing and Brembo seem to be the main contenders and Newminisport seem to do their own 'SE' kit.

Alan & Julz. What' s your own experience with the kits you opted for and how do you find them compared to the standard setup?

Anyone else have any experience / opinions? All comments and advice welcomed :approve:

Gismo
3rd February 2004, 04:54 PM
The AP's are good enough for my style of driving, absolutely no fade whatsoever, whereas before they would degrade during the course of a run :evil:
The pedal feels firm and gives you the confidence you need for spirited driving occasions.

Be warned though, they won't fit standard S Spokes and you will be limited to which aftermarket ones you can fit them on without spacers.
The minispares website actually tell you which wheels are suitable and the AP site offer a template so that you can check before you buy.
I have 3mm spacers on mine which leave a 25 thou gap :eek:

Linda M
3rd February 2004, 08:12 PM
HMMM....brake conversion, first I've heard of this :evil:

KenL
3rd February 2004, 09:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

HMMM....brake conversion, first I've heard of this :evil:

Yes, can't have Daisy being left out ;)

GAJ
3rd February 2004, 10:47 PM
I heard that these were rubbish and if any thing, make the car go slower!:clown:

DNV122
4th February 2004, 05:44 AM
Nasty things brakes - dirty the alloys and slow you down - just use the gearbox - that's what it's there for !!!

Big Col
4th February 2004, 08:04 AM
25 thou???? Scary!

Willie M
4th February 2004, 04:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Be warned though, they won't fit standard S Spokes and you will be limited to which aftermarket ones you can fit them on without spacers.
Sage piece of advice Alan. I'll be going for aftermarket wheels in a couple of months time so I'll be sure to watch out. Cheers for your comments :approve:

Julz
4th February 2004, 05:15 PM
Well, I'm rather chuffed with my Alta ones, and as John seems to be the only one on here so far who's seen them, I'll have to take piccies!! Whilst browsing through Cool New last night, we found a rather nice set in there too!!
Plus, if you get bigger wheels, they fill the gap quite nicely!! Like Alan says, spacers are a must, I've bearly got clearance with mine and I've got 30mm spacers!!:eek: