PDA

View Full Version : R56 Interior Combo's

T6 KFR
1st May 2007, 05:28 PM
Folks,

need a little help.

Changed my mind on the inside of my car. Had ordered piano black, gray trim with half leather in red...but seen similar on Mini2 and dont like it much.

Post up your spec's and lets see what you have all choosen.

Think I'll end up changing the red rooster leather for carbon black leather, although the lounge leather is screaming at me

Craig
1st May 2007, 05:45 PM
mines is very subtle Kev.

Carbon Black Punch Leather with colour line dark grey and the standard chequer dash.

I have pics at home if you want me to post them..

:D:D

ianking
1st May 2007, 05:52 PM
I have piano black with chrome interior and the colour line dark grey. Seats are half black leather and anthracite head cloth.

T6 KFR
1st May 2007, 06:16 PM
quote:ianking Posted - 01 May 2007 : 09:52:54
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have piano black with chrome interior and the colour line dark grey. Seats are half black leather and anthracite head cloth.

how is the anthracite roof? salesman advised me not to get it as it was too dark and enclosed...can you post up some pics of it please.

Forgot - I have the chrome line interior too.

Craig - send me any pics you have mate, more the better:D

Craig
1st May 2007, 07:12 PM
the anthractite head lining is not too dark.. myself, MarkyC, Scottiecoop all have it. I think it looks better especially with the downtubes on the inside of the front windscreen match better with the dark dash... :approve:

dundeered
1st May 2007, 07:20 PM
ive got anthracite headlining to and its fine , and matches down pillars

T6 KFR
1st May 2007, 07:51 PM
maybe the mini production line has ran out of anthracite headlining -hence making me not order it :D

Had good news - the build has been put on priority and taken forward 3 weeks.

So I should have time to change my order seeing its not being built till June / July...right???

N12 JLK
1st May 2007, 08:03 PM
Too dark, but hey its up to you.

ianking
1st May 2007, 08:56 PM
Anthracite looks great, particularly on the dark colour. I plan on giving the car a wee clean the night after work so I will get a couple pics for you and post them up.
We have an R56 cooper in sparkling silver as well. Dont have anthracite roof on that though as its a light colour car. It has piano black and chrome with colour line dark grey and the seats are half leather black/beige.

Clare1
1st May 2007, 11:27 PM
Anthracite Roof Lining is really nice!!

T6 KFR
1st May 2007, 11:52 PM
so what combo should I opt for then?

Not changing the piano black as its really classy I think, same as with the chrome dials etc... (does the eclipses on the doors come in piano black too?)

Just need to decide on whether I go for red rooster half leather, carbon black half leather or spend another 500 quid on lounge leather which I dont want to do (trying to save £££££)

Remember my Cooper S will be Dark Grey and Black roof etc..

KenL
2nd May 2007, 01:14 AM
I have paino black (yes door elipses are black too), red colour line and red/black seats. I really like the combo - especially in a red/black car.

Piano black can look like it has some very light scratches on it, but only if the light catches it right. Doesn't really bug me but it might other people. Be extremely careful how you clean it. I have only used a soft microfibre cloth to wipe it lightly. I assume the marks appeared at the factory or the dealer :eek:

If speccing again, I think I would go for the real alloy.

KenL
2nd May 2007, 01:16 AM
I meant to say. My second choice colour was all black. I would have gone for part cream seats with cream colour line - really nice combo that. Even better black lounge seats (which have cream piping) and cream colour line.

Craig
2nd May 2007, 03:02 AM
Kev,

email'd you some photos

Hope they help ;)

:D

ianking
2nd May 2007, 04:37 AM
here is an inside shot of my car for you. I took it with my phone thogh so not the best quality. It looks in the pic much darker than it really is. I just took it the now and the sun is starting to go away.
I have darkened rear glass as well.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/01052007108.jpg

one from the outside

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/01052007110.jpg

and here is a shot of the interior of our other car. It doesnt have darkened glass or anthracite roof but it is the same piano black and chrome with dark grey colour line although this car has the half beige on the seats. This photo was taken on a nice sunny day though with a proper camera.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/IMG_0335.jpg

N12 JLK
2nd May 2007, 06:00 AM
my god those cars are boggin:dead:

T6 KFR
2nd May 2007, 03:59 PM
Iain - that is more or less what I have ordered - looks like my car (hopefully!)

Those help heaps, thanks.

I have made a decision and opt'd for keeping the Piano Black, Chrome line interior , and carbon black half leather. Simple yet effective.

Dont want to introduce colour when the car is dark , and it will have tints etc.. too.

ianking
2nd May 2007, 04:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by N12 JLK

my god those cars are boggin:dead:

Cheeky Bug+e$

T6 KFR
2nd May 2007, 08:43 PM
quote:ianking Posted - 02 May 2007 : 08:43:27
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by N12 JLK

my god those cars are boggin

Cheeky Bug+e$

I will stand by you Iain;)