PDA

View Full Version : Who's going on the heartbeat run 14th march

seany
3rd February 2004, 12:51 AM
I know there is some of use going to this, thought I would make a list for convoy.

1.sean & una
2.bonnie scotland
3.willie
4.KJ

Anyone else I have missed?

minidriver#1
3rd February 2004, 02:08 AM
KJ :P

Monsta Mo Mini
3rd February 2004, 04:59 AM
Not this year I'm afraid. Too many other things happening about then.

Willie M
3rd February 2004, 04:20 PM
I'm afraid Linda ain't making the trip this year and, at the moment, it's looking very doubtful for me too. I won't know for certain until much nearer the date.

As Bonnie & MMM will confirm though, last year's Hearbeat was great fun and is certainly well worth the trip.

Duncan Stewart
3rd February 2004, 05:27 PM
I won't be able to make this one. Enjoy the run folks and let us know all about it after.

Willie M
10th February 2004, 04:35 PM
1.sean & una
2.bonnie scotland
3.willie m (big maybe)
4.KJ (maybe)

Any news yet KJ?

minidriver#1
10th February 2004, 06:12 PM
i'm trying to find a friend to take with me on this, cos i dont wanna feel left out; KJ no mates. lol. i so want to go tho.

Willie M
11th February 2004, 04:32 PM
Don't be daft laddie. Alan and I will be going on our own, and it's not as if we don't have any mates.... <embarrassing silence> :I.... Oh... right... I see what you mean :(
Seriously though, hope you can make it.

Gismo
11th February 2004, 04:50 PM
If i'm home me Julie will probably be coming with me, but, KJ, it's great fun and of course we'll only slag you do death ;):)

Linda M
13th February 2004, 04:01 AM
I never get to go anywhere :(

minidriver#1
16th February 2004, 08:06 AM
Sean and Una, Willie, Alan, whats your accomodation setup? i'd like to go but not if i'm alone in a seedy hotel. lol. English whenches might come for me, i've seen Robin Hood you know.

Willie M
16th February 2004, 04:42 PM
I'm booked into Travelodge (York central). A lot of folks seem to be staying at Premier Lodge but I was late booking and couldn't get in there. A couple of other places I tried were also stating that as it was a busy weekend you had to take a 2 night minimum stay. Robbin' gets :disapprove:

Anywhere around central York should be fine though KJ.

minidriver#1
16th February 2004, 07:11 PM
i might just sleep in the car. lol. i'll see what i can do.

Gismo
17th February 2004, 07:06 AM
I'm in the premier lodge, booked mine last November, had a real hassle booking for one night only, as Willie says they insist on a 2 night minimum stay.
Used all my powers of pursuasion and advised them that DK (MINI2) had also booked for one night ;)

However, due to work commitments i might not make the run, if that's the case KJ you can take the room under my name, only if i don't make it ;)

seany
17th February 2004, 10:00 PM
KG me and the wife are booked in the premier lodge aswell

Willie M
3rd March 2004, 05:41 AM
Seany

They're looking for a food order from you on the 'Heartbeat Run Saturday Night fun' thread on MINI2. If you go to the very first post there is a link to a menu.

minidriver#1
3rd March 2004, 06:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by seany

KG me and the wife are booked in the premier lodge aswell

Seany, its KJ. And can i get a seperate room please? :D

Willie M
3rd March 2004, 04:41 PM
Any news / decisions yet KJ?
Hope you can make it. If so, get yourself booked in for the meal on Saturday night. You'll find it on MINI2 under ''Heartbeat Run Saturday Night fun'.
Don't worry about having to kip in the car, I'm sure we'll be able to find someone who'll let you crash on their floor or something. Alan may even let you share his Penthouse Suite in the Premier Lodge ;)

Willie M
3rd March 2004, 04:46 PM
Okay, bringing the list back.

1.sean & una
2.bonnie scotland
3.willie m
4.KJ (maybe, if Alan let's him sleep with him :eek:)

Thought we could meet at Stirling Services for a joint drive down the road. Would this suit everyone? I'll have a fanny about (technical term) with Autoroute and get back with a suggested time. Would think we'd want to be down in York between 4pm and 5pm, putting in a couple of stops along the way. Give us time to get sorted with our rooms and ready for the evening.

minidriver#1
3rd March 2004, 08:15 PM
Sounds good. Yeh, i'll be going on the run Willie :)

seany
4th March 2004, 12:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Seany

They're looking for a food order from you on the 'Heartbeat Run Saturday Night fun' thread on MINI2. If you go to the very first post there is a link to a menu.

thanks willie

seany
4th March 2004, 12:45 AM
we would have to leave about 8am, i think!

Gismo
4th March 2004, 05:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M
Don't worry about having to kip in the car, I'm sure we'll be able to find someone who'll let you crash on their floor or something. Alan may even let you share his Penthouse Suite in the Premier Lodge ;)I'm not so sure me julie will be chuffed with havin da man in da room :evil: however, Willie, i'm sure your in single occupancy, your floor would do just fine ;)

minidriver#1
4th March 2004, 05:22 AM
lol. hey you guys... i'll give the hotel a call tomorrow lunch time n see if they have room in the inn. there is bound to be a place around there for me to stay in a room so its all good. If not, i'll be kippin in BS's car playing the PS2 all night.

Willie M
4th March 2004, 04:22 PM
:D I'm sure you'll get sorted out one way or another KJ.

Willie M
4th March 2004, 06:18 PM
Okay, here's the plan for the trip South if all are agreed.

11.00am - Depart Stirling Services

Stop 1 - Gretna Services A74 (M)

Stop 2 - Scotch Corner Services A66 / A1

Arrive York

All being well, and allowing two ½ hour stops, we should arrive in York for around 4.30pm. Should give us plenty time to find our hotels and get sorted out.

Mini Martyn
10th March 2004, 08:13 PM
:(:(:(
This all sounds good, wish I was going!!
:(:(:(

Gismo
11th March 2004, 05:47 AM
Neither will i be now :(

weefossy
11th March 2004, 05:55 AM
What's the problem Alan? Work?
Sioban and I have managed to get a Hotel (Travel Inn) near to the starting point for the Saturday night. we were going to meet you all at Gretna Services. What time do you think you will get there?

Willie M
11th March 2004, 04:26 PM
It'd certainly be great to hook up with you at Gretna Malcolm & Sioban. Traffic permitting we should be down there for around 12.30 -12.45 I would reckon. I'll drop you an e-mail with my mobile number.

Gutted to hear that you aren't going to make it Alan :( You know that you & Julz will be missed. I was so looking forward to you actually buying me a pint too ;) Hopefully catch up with you sometime soon.

weefossy
11th March 2004, 10:07 PM
Excellent, I'll make sure we are there in plenty of time, just in case you get a really good run down.

Gismo
12th March 2004, 07:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy
What's the problem Alan? Work?In the past 55 days i've been offshore for 50 :eek: only 5 days off, all on nightshift too :evil: looking to get home on monday 15th or wednesday 17th, aye, MARCH :)
Willie, I'll buy you a pint at the bowling :p

weefossy
12th March 2004, 08:06 AM
Alan, that really is a pain. We are really sorry you are going to miss the weekend. A pint from Willie is small compensation; he better make it Two or three:)Hope to see you and Julie soon.

minidriver#1
12th March 2004, 09:20 AM
I'm looking doubtfull for this now too. A cheque from one of my promoters bounced today, so i'm missing £150, which i needed to cover this trip...

Willie M
12th March 2004, 04:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

A pint from Willie is small compensation; he better make it Two or three:)
:eek::eek: <blows cloud of dust from wallet> ;) Now, now Malcolm. I dunno if Linda will allow me that much money away with me :I

KJ. Real bummer :( Hope you can still manage. If it turns out that you can't could you drop a post on the HB Run thread on MINI2 and let Martin (Brushy) know. I'll be waiting at Stirling Services until 11am, hopefully see you there.

Seany. I trust you are okay for the 11am departure from Stirling? I'll probably be there about 20 minutes beforehand but will be making my getaway at 11am sharp :)

seany
12th March 2004, 11:16 PM
ok be there

Willie M
16th March 2004, 04:32 PM
I think I'm awake now :sleepy:
Many thanks to Sean & Una, Malcolm & Sioban for sharing the run down the road and back. Had a great weekend :cool:

seany
16th March 2004, 09:49 PM
we did as well willie, thanks

Wul
24th March 2004, 11:57 PM
Seany/ WillieM - what's the buzz on the York central travel inn you stayed at? any good pubs nearby you could recommend?

I'm off there for a stag weekend in April and could do with a heads up on the good places.

Cheers

Gismo
25th March 2004, 12:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul
I'm off there for a stag weekend in April and could do with a heads up on the good places.
CheersPlenty time left to cancel :p:blackeye:

Wul
25th March 2004, 12:19 AM
Cheeky Bass! LOL! :D

weefossy
26th March 2004, 12:14 AM
Wul, there's plenty happening in the centre of York. I was amased how many "Hen nights" were going on when we were down for the Heartbeat run. Not like the quiet place it was, years ago. Only problem is pubs all shut at 11ish (if i remember correctly) and everyone seemed to head for Yates' Wine Lodge near the river, or to the night clubs. Too much at my age!!

Willie M
26th March 2004, 04:15 PM
Oooops. Meant to reply to this one yesterday.
As Malcolm says, there are more than enough pubs & restaurants to choose from in the centre of York. Oh, and your memory does serve you correctly Malcolm ;), chucking out time is around 11pm.

The Heratbeat folks met up at a place called the Ha Ha Bar (13-17 New Street), nice big mdern pub with a restaurant too. I'm sure when you get down there you'll find more than enough pubs to occupy you Wul :D

seany
26th March 2004, 10:18 PM
it is a good place to go.

Wul
30th March 2004, 01:23 AM
Thanks guys! :)