PDA

View Full Version : New R56 MCS Delivery Dates

T6 KFR
30th April 2007, 11:00 PM
Hey all,

need help and advice.

As you know spec'd up a new MCS first week in April and told a June delivery. I was just told now production will happen in week 29, 16th July. This means the car should arrive in Aberdeen 23rd July.

Thats AGES to wait, is that normal ? Ive put a depoist down too....not even getting a good trade-in price :disapprove:

Help - any mini garages offer me a better deal???????

ianking
30th April 2007, 11:21 PM
When I specced my MCS at mid-end Jan I got it on the road for the 1st March. Very similar spec to your car. It was Victoria at Eastern that I dealt with and I got a good trade in.

Craig
30th April 2007, 11:25 PM
Seems to be a BIG problem with parts delays at the moment and lots of cars are being affected.... it may be a particular part which is causing the delay, maybe take that off and get it quicker... this was the fact with the early cars and the storage compartment pack...

Not good news tho...:(:( the problems with the R56 continue... SORT IT OUT MINI!!!! :mad:

FergusM
30th April 2007, 11:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by T6 KFR

Hey all,

need help and advice.

As you know spec'd up a new MCS first week in April and told a June delivery. I was just told now production will happen in week 29, 16th July. This means the car should arrive in Aberdeen 23rd July.

Thats AGES to wait, is that normal ? Ive put a depoist down too....not even getting a good trade-in price :disapprove:

Help - any mini garages offer me a better deal???????

Was it an Auto ? Heard of delivery issues on them but not on manual ones.

I ordered mine last Friday and have a build slot starting 4th June :)

KenL
1st May 2007, 12:47 AM
If you did not get a trade in you were happy with, why did you place an order?

I would cancel (due to shift in delivery) and take your business elsewhere. Or even smarter, find out if you can get a better trade in/delivery elsewhere before cancelling.

T6 KFR
1st May 2007, 12:51 AM
quote:KenL Posted - 30 Apr 2007 : 16:47:47
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you did not get a trade in you were happy with, why did you place an order?

I would cancel (due to shift in delivery) and take your business elsewhere. Or even smarter, find out if you can get a better trade in/delivery elsewhere before cancelling.

I havent traded in my mini, if however I cant sell it private I have to opt for the cr#p trade in they priced my car at when putting a depoist down on a R56.

There is 500 quid sitting with them, that I'll loose if I go elsewhere, unless that is refundable?

FergusM
1st May 2007, 01:48 AM
Thought it was refundable till the chassis number is assigned ?

I'm in the nervous position of placing an order... but yet to get the money from insurance company so I did ask that question. Any day now I think I loose chance to get money back... not that I want it back mind...

T6 KFR
1st May 2007, 03:42 AM
well after thinking over the afternoon - maybe its a good thing.

Time for me to add more spec, I fancy the red lounge seats now...mmmm list could go on and on and on...

illegalhunter
1st May 2007, 04:03 AM
Ordered mine 8th dec it finally was built on the 5th feb.

FergusM
1st May 2007, 04:18 AM

well after thinking over the afternoon - maybe its a good thing.

Time for me to add more spec, I fancy the red lounge seats now...mmmm list could go on and on and on...

It is hard stopping ticking the boxes...:I

KenL
1st May 2007, 04:25 AM

Those seats are very nice, I think they only come with red door cards - you might want to check you like those before committing.