PDA

View Full Version : Hidden storage compartment lid rattle

scotland67
30th April 2007, 10:03 PM
The "hidden" storage compartment on my R56 S rattles like mad (that's the storage area above glovebox, behind trim panel, where CD-changer would go). I got the storage compartment pack "free" due to build date/auto-inclusion in Chili pack. I am assuming the rattle is coming from the the lid (or plastic hinge mechanism)?, and have even tried padding it up but to no avail. Only way to stop rattle is to drive around with lid open!

I've yet to contact Dealer (waiting for run-in complete to see if anything else develops). Anyone else got this problem with post-mid-March builds?

Craig
30th April 2007, 11:27 PM
yeah Scottiecoop has this on her Oxygen Blue Coop and it's driving her nuts....:eek::blackeye::disapprove:

this was rumoured to be the reason why it was delayed so long and they thought they had fixed it.... obviously not... Get it back to the dealer to fix...;)

KenL
1st May 2007, 12:49 AM
I "think" there is a fix for this. Something like thicker pads to hold it in place through tension.

scotland67
1st May 2007, 04:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

I "think" there is a fix for this. Something like thicker pads to hold it in place through tension.

I tried temporarily adding thicker contact pads myself (to the point that trying to press lid to close became too difficult), but no difference... that's why I think it's the plastic hinge mechanism (fabulously over-engineered!). Guess I'll just wait for Eastern to sort out once my run-in is completed.