PDA

View Full Version : Evening all

s15gma
28th April 2007, 04:55 AM
Just arrived - few years too late me thinks! Promised a wee MCS before I hit 25, so gues I made it a few weeks early! Good to be here - and needing speaker advice already!! Only got it on Tuesday and stuggling to get my wee head around the boot size!! Anyone want a twin sub box wi 12"s in it??:D

And how do I get pics of my wee baby on as signature?

Gemma x

lynnyb1984
28th April 2007, 05:05 AM
Hi Gemma,
Welcome to NMS im only knew on here also i dont have my MINI yet it is in order and expected 4-8 June.
Good luck with your speakers etc.
Lynn

sedgie
28th April 2007, 05:33 AM
Hiya n Welcome:D

Sweeney
28th April 2007, 06:43 AM
Hey welcome to the nut hoose :p

Clare1
28th April 2007, 05:14 PM
Welcome Gemma!! Glad you are enjoying your new baby!! :D

Gismo
28th April 2007, 05:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by s15gma

Gemma xWelcome Gemma, hope you enjoy the site :)
How to show images (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=312)

A lot of people use Photo Bucket to host the images, but there are other sites, good luck ;)

FergusM
28th April 2007, 06:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by s15gma

Just arrived - few years too late me thinks! Promised a wee MCS before I hit 25, so gues I made it a few weeks early! Good to be here - and needing speaker advice already!! Only got it on Tuesday and stuggling to get my wee head around the boot size!! Anyone want a twin sub box wi 12"s in it??:D

Gemma x

I'm planning on a visit to http://www.newministuff.com/new/index.php when I get my car.. read very good things about what he can do by upgrading the sound system without having to loose the already small boot to big speakers.

Is it the new shape R56 you have ?

Craig
29th April 2007, 01:14 AM
Welcome :approve:

Vauxhall Sales person....:eek::eek: well a least you bought a good car... ;):D:approve:

Colin
29th April 2007, 02:44 AM
Hello and Welcome.:)

s15gma
29th April 2007, 05:17 AM
Cheers for warm welcome guys!! Sorry Fergus, not an R56, but a tried n tested MCS wi 17k on it. Ta to Claire for car - took a whiley to deal and get, but lovin it lovin it lovin it!!

As to Craig - Vx sales pay for it - and another guid month had - rock on wee Corsa - thanks to all my brill customers - and cheers for allowing me new car!!!

Planned a wee trip to MRD in Bathgate. Ah remember a long time ago they had Coopers as their show carss, so they'll know how to help and what'll sound bestest! Going on Tuesday, and still want to splash out for Rainbow speakers - sub sounds without screwing up limited boot space hopefully!!

Sorry Claire - standard speakers cracklin already doll!!!

Gem x

s15gma
29th April 2007, 05:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by FergusM

I'm planning on a visit to http://www.newministuff.com/new/index.php when I get my car.. read very good things about what he can do by upgrading the sound system without having to loose the already small boot to big speakers

Oh me god!! Bit scary price wise for sub box - but if it'll fit guess I'll have to bite bullet. Planning on quick stereo change - Pioneer head unit ready to go, tried and trusted, really fancy Rainbow speakers, but seriously tempted by subs now. Was worried bout battery temp, but should be ok!!!

Gem x

illegalhunter
29th April 2007, 03:19 PM
Welcome to the site . Hifi upgrades are easy in the r53 no need to go to Mikey in Liverpool.

FergusM
29th April 2007, 06:48 PM
It is much easier on the R53 (and probably cheaper)..as you can remove the head units and put in a descent one ! Just about any place will do it...maybe Drivers in Glasgow (just off charing cross) might be a good place to start ?

Mate replaced all the speakers in his, put a couple of amps in the boot and it sounds amazing ! When I speak to him I will ask who did it, it did mean dismantling most of the car interior but it wall went back mark and squeak free ! His is also done quite subtle so only difference is a few inches of depth of his boot...and amazing sound.

gill
30th April 2007, 02:34 AM
Hello and welcome to the site :D:D:D

Gismo
30th April 2007, 02:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by deerslayer

Welcome to the site . Hifi upgrades are easy in the r53 no need to go to Mikey in LiverpoolIs that why you had so much hassle with yours then :p;):I:D

s15gma
30th April 2007, 03:14 AM
Hi again Fergus - can you let me know what yourpall is running in his? Defo visiting mrd on tuesday - will keep ya posted!!

ianking
30th April 2007, 03:20 AM
Hi there

I had an instsll done on one of my previous minis by MRD in Bathgate. They do a top job, I remember they had a black and also a silver Cooper as their demo cars. My mate got his S done there, he got GPS and DVD etc fitted.

s15gma
30th April 2007, 03:26 AM
Sat in the black cooper years ago when they were doing it's second build - footwell speakers were awkward for me!! sounded awesome. can't wait!

FergusM
30th April 2007, 04:40 AM
My mate is "aid" on www.mini2.com http://www.mini2.com/forum/members/43683.html send him a PM there and I'm sure he'll give you all the details. He lives in Hamilton and would probably let you hear it, let you make up your mind if it was what you were after...

Crombers
30th April 2007, 05:53 AM
Welcome to NMSland :approve:

Duncan Stewart
2nd May 2007, 05:45 AM
:D Hi & Welcome :D