PDA

View Full Version : Convoy from Stirling services to thistle run

N12 JLK
27th April 2007, 05:14 AM
Hello all just thought I would put a wee post on to see if anyone would like to meet up at the sevices in Stirling for a short run in convoy to the Blair Drummond Safari park for the start of the Thistle run on the 27th of May. Meet at say around 9am for departure 9:30am and it only takes 15 minutes to get to the safari park. That should give us all plenty time to register and have a look at all the mowta's.

1= Lesley, Jason , Kerr
2= Andy & lenore
3= Tony
4= Craig & Jude
5= LowNLoud
6= Colin ( our new regular;))
7= David, Lynne and Greg
8= Neil & Lorna
9= Gemma & Mother in Law;)
10= MarkyC
11= Crombers.
12= Claire & Rab
13= Elfman
14=Stephen & Allyson
15= Mark and Kim

AndyP & Lenore
27th April 2007, 06:41 AM
We're up for that.:approve:

minimadj
27th April 2007, 08:54 AM
hi jason count me in:)...tony a.k.a minimad,minimadt..i know having some problems loggin on:mad::blackeye::p:)

Craig
27th April 2007, 03:52 PM
Yep, us too.... :D

Burple
27th April 2007, 06:12 PM
Yeah, hopefully!
Put us down please :D

(your mother was a hamster! <ba-dum...tish!> ;):p:p)

N12 JLK
27th April 2007, 06:46 PM
All added

Colin
27th April 2007, 08:46 PM
Yes I'll be there.:D

N12 JLK
28th April 2007, 06:45 AM
Thats you added Colin, glad you can come along.

David Wynne
28th April 2007, 11:24 PM
Sounds good. Can you put us down - David, Lynne, Greg

Which service station are you talking about anyway?

Craig
29th April 2007, 01:10 AM
Moto Services, Jt 9 of the M9 near Stirling. :D

David Wynne
29th April 2007, 01:12 AM
Ta:)

Neil and Lorna
29th April 2007, 02:48 AM
Sounds like a plan.:D:D

Stick our names on the list.:D

Neil and Lorna.:cool:

s15gma
30th April 2007, 03:21 AM
Oh no!! What time guys?? I work constantly, but if i can, there'll be two wee extras - s15 and s3 gmx me other half's greg's. mother in law should have hers by then too - s3 jmx!!!

gemma x

markyc
30th April 2007, 04:34 AM
Jasey can you add yours truely as well ta :D:D I'm in the process of getting registered (no doubt you and MrD will be happy to hear :eek:;)) but I've had to print / post the entry form as that stupid feckin PayPal mince thingy is burstin ma chumf somethin' terrible :mad::mad::eek::I;)

<deep breath, calm, calm, calm>

Crombers
30th April 2007, 05:20 AM
Yo , me ;)

N12 JLK
30th April 2007, 05:53 AM
all added, Paypal, get a grip mrC its easy

claire
8th May 2007, 09:28 PM
sounds like a plan, can you add me and Rab too please:D

vintageb3
8th May 2007, 09:46 PM
Does anyone know what time the run will start at the Safari Park?

I can't find that information anywhere on the the Mini Clan site.

I'm trying to work out if I can manage to do this run...or not...as i have work latet he night before...

Can anyone help here?

mark

Craig
9th May 2007, 07:36 AM
Mark, to answer you question... The last 3 thistle runs I have been involved in some of the organisation and they have normally set off at 11:00hrs. Registration normally opens between 9 and 9:30hrs so it's not too early a start...:D

Remember, it's much better to register before hand on the miniclan.com website as turning up on the day, there may be no space left to go on the run.. ;)

AndyP & Lenore
10th May 2007, 12:25 PM
Jason, I got an email from a despairing Euan Frame last night saying he was having trouble posting, and he asked me to let you know he will be joining us at Stirling for the convoy. Could you add him to your list.:D

Seeing as how he asked me to let you know, I call first in line behind him. PLAYMINI!!!!! Yeehhaaaaaaa!:D :D

Cheers,

A.;)

vintageb3
10th May 2007, 07:37 PM
Hope this helps some of you...

I wrote an email to the Mini Clan...and was told that the Safari park is open from 9.00am...and the run will leave for Oban around 11.00am.

mark

AndyP & Lenore
10th May 2007, 08:06 PM
Cheers Mark. They'll probably open registrations about 9.30 or 10 then, going on past few years.

A.:D

ELFMAN
11th May 2007, 08:15 AM
I'm back!!!!!! I was locked out, :( but now I have the key....... I was blind, and now I can see! :eek: Well, I upgraded my Browser........... Thanks Andy for your post on my behalf.

Mini Ecosse
11th May 2007, 06:48 PM
Put us down for this please. Stephen & Allyson. :)

markyc
11th May 2007, 09:15 PM
Jason, I got an email from a despairing Euan Frame last night saying he was having trouble posting, and he asked me to let you know he will be joining us at Stirling for the convoy. Could you add him to your list.:D

Seeing as how he asked me to let you know, I call first in line behind him. PLAYMINI!!!!! Yeehhaaaaaaa!:D

Cheers,

A.;)

Ehhh message coming in for Andy - NAW YER NO, I AM - no yer not, yes I am, no yer not, yes I am !!!!!

There thats all the arguements taken care off and I've got to say your a sterling chap Mr Poole for withdrawing and allowing me to follow that oh so wonderful sound that is Euan's Playmini :eek:

vintageb3
11th May 2007, 10:35 PM
Can you add Kim and I to the meet at the services?

I've just paid up...and I'm hoping that I will be able to get out of my bed on the Sunday morning...

mark

AndyP & Lenore
12th May 2007, 12:22 AM
Ehhh message coming in for Andy - NAW YER NO, I AM - no yer not, yes I am, no yer not, yes I am !!!!!

There thats all the arguements taken care off and I've got to say your a sterling chap Mr Poole for withdrawing and allowing me to follow that oh so wonderful sound that is Euan's Playmini :eek:

Tell you what mate, Lenore will fight you for it. I'd put myself up for the brawl, but fear Lenore would stand us a better chance of winning.:D

A.;)

vintageb3
12th May 2007, 11:08 AM
Mark, to answer you question... The last 3 thistle runs I have been involved in some of the organisation and they have normally set off at 11:00hrs. Registration normally opens between 9 and 9:30hrs so it's not too early a start...:D

Remember, it's much better to register before hand on the miniclan.com website as turning up on the day, there may be no space left to go on the run.. ;)

Jings...I missed your post Craig!...so thanks for this mate....exactly what I have done!

mark

Craig
12th May 2007, 09:53 PM
No Worries Mark,...;)

I registered for MarkyC the other day and his registration number has come through as 141, so I don't think there will be many places left... My fingers are crossed for you.. :D

vintageb3
12th May 2007, 10:18 PM
No Worries Mark,...;)

I registered for MarkyC the other day and his registration number has come through as 141, so I don't think there will be many places left... My fingers are crossed for you.. :D

I'm 152....so maybe no run pack for me :(

mark

AndyP & Lenore
13th May 2007, 02:44 PM

mark

Jeesy peeps, they're up to 152 already! Thats without those who turn up on the day. Big run.;)

claire
13th May 2007, 07:46 PM
cheers for adding my name down, can Rab be added too please:D

vintageb3
13th May 2007, 07:59 PM

mark

But I am getting a run pack!...they are doing 166 packs this year ;) :)

mark

N12 JLK
13th May 2007, 09:20 PM
can i have a rake of £50 note's this year in my goody bag:D

ELFMAN
14th May 2007, 09:10 AM
Kids, kids, enough with the Playmini fighting already! I'm going to take it off and put the standard system back on if you're not going to behave*. Then you'll have to fight over Tony's 'Nitro Rice Crispy' (snap crackle & pop) one.

*Aye right! 7,000rpm HERE WE COME! Watch out Marky, Lenore has a vicious right hook.......

minimad
14th May 2007, 09:36 AM
:cool: :D :) :D :cool:

ELFMAN
22nd May 2007, 08:18 AM
Is there a TIME for the Stirling NMS 'Convoy to Blair Drummond' meet?

AndyP & Lenore
22nd May 2007, 05:39 PM
Is there a TIME for the Stirling NMS 'Convoy to Blair Drummond' meet?

According to Jason's first post we are meeting at 9am for setting off about 9.15.;)

David Wynne
22nd May 2007, 11:09 PM
According to Jason's first post we are meeting at 9am for setting off about 9.15.;)

Better get myself an alarm clock!
Sunday = Sleepday

Crombers
22nd May 2007, 11:22 PM
Kids, kids, enough with the Playmini fighting already! I'm going to take it off and put the standard system back on if you're not going to behave*. Then you'll have to fight over Tony's 'Nitro Rice Crispy' (snap crackle & pop) one.

*Aye right! 7,000rpm HERE WE COME! Watch out Marky, Lenore has a vicious right hook.......

As Vice Captain of the Elfman Appreciation Playmini Society, you can all bugger off ;) . The Crombersmeister Playmini Coop will be right up the erse of the legend that is the Elfmeister :D :cool:

Crombers
22nd May 2007, 11:25 PM
WE will see you at Stirling at 9am :)

vintageb3
22nd May 2007, 11:56 PM
As Vice Captain of the Elfman Appreciation Playmini Society, you can all bugger off ;) . The Crombersmeister Playmini Coop will be right up the erse of the legend that is the Elfmeister :D :cool:

Not unless I nip in front of you it won't!!!:D

mark

Crombers
23rd May 2007, 12:08 AM
Not unless I nip in front of you it won't!!!:D

mark

:D ;) :rolleyes: , The Elfmeister will never let down his 'wing man' :eek: :cool:

vintageb3
23rd May 2007, 12:16 AM
:D ;) :rolleyes: , The Elfmeister will never let down his 'wing man' :eek: :cool:

Err...well excuse me:eek: !!!

Is there something going here we don't know about?

Mum's the word mate! :eek: :D

mark

Crombers
23rd May 2007, 12:25 AM
A 'wing mans' strategy if never divulged :D :p ;)

AndyP & Lenore
23rd May 2007, 09:17 AM

What I wanna know is which one of you is Maverick and which one of you is Ice Man?:D

Craig
23rd May 2007, 09:51 AM
forget about all this Top Gun rubbish, Crombers did you say WE will be there at 9am.... :eek: Does this mean the whole "family" is coming....;) :D

Scottie
23rd May 2007, 09:55 AM
forget about all this Top Gun rubbish, Crombers did you say WE will be there at 9am.... :eek: Does this mean the whole "family" is coming....;) :D

BUGGERS does this mean I will miss meeting her.:( :( :(

Might have to come along to wave you all of.;)

ELFMAN
23rd May 2007, 11:03 AM
“The Crombermeister Playmini Coop will be right up the erse of the legend that is the Elfmeister”:eek:

“Me sir? Up the exhaust Sir? NO SIR! Just because a man knows the difference between a well-baffled box and a straight-through pipe doesn't mean he likes to be tailgated along a country road.... How very, very DARE YOU!!!” (apologies to Catherine Tate):D

minimad
23rd May 2007, 06:55 PM
:eek: :D :D :p :)

Colin
23rd May 2007, 07:41 PM
“The Crombermeister Playmini Coop will be right up the erse of the legend that is the Elfmeister”:eek:

“Me sir? Up the exhaust Sir? NO SIR! Just because a man knows the difference between a well-baffled box and a straight-through pipe doesn't mean he likes to be tailgated along a country road.... How very, very DARE YOU!!!” (apologies to Catherine Tate):D

He He ....:D :D :D

AndyP & Lenore
23rd May 2007, 08:48 PM
“Me sir? Up the exhaust Sir? NO SIR! Just because a man knows the difference between a well-baffled box and a straight-through pipe doesn't mean he likes to be tailgated along a country road.... How very, very DARE YOU!!!” (apologies to Catherine Tate):DPMSL. :D :D

Crombers
24th May 2007, 07:30 PM
good one sir lol

ELFMAN
25th May 2007, 01:05 PM
I still haven't received my 'Pre-Run' stuff from MiniClan - have Emailed them. I'm def. on the Thistle Run (No. 64). Has anybody else received theirs, and does anybody know the rough FINISHING TIME/DESTINATION - are we just finishing at Oban, or later on? I have to let 'Co-Pilot' Bill know as he has to arrange to pick up his wife later in the evening. Any info gratefully accepted!

Sweeney
25th May 2007, 01:19 PM
Is there still vacancies for this run? (not bothered about run pack etc) I may be able to come along :rolleyes:

Craig
25th May 2007, 02:11 PM
I still haven't received my 'Pre-Run' stuff from MiniClan - have Emailed them. I'm def. on the Thistle Run (No. 64). Has anybody else received theirs, and does anybody know the rough FINISHING TIME/DESTINATION - are we just finishing at Oban, or later on? I have to let 'Co-Pilot' Bill know as he has to arrange to pick up his wife later in the evening. Any info gratefully accepted!

Euan,

You should get to Oban before 3pm (which is the finish point of the run), finishes normally around 5pm (after the show and shine etc), then the drive home. They normally prefer you to stay to the end, but if you can't I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Hope this helps. :D

Craig
25th May 2007, 02:12 PM
Is there still vacancies for this run? (not bothered about run pack etc) I may be able to come along :rolleyes:

you would be better to phone the Mini Clan 07887 861543 to check if there is any space, or you could just turn up on the day and people always fail to turn up. :D

ELFMAN
25th May 2007, 03:24 PM
Thanks Craig, we can work something out based on that. It was roughly what I thought. See you Sunday.

Mini Ecosse
25th May 2007, 03:27 PM

Finish will be in Corran Halls carpark. Situated at bottom of hill as you enter Oban. Signs already in place closing car park from 08:00 - 18:00

Scottie
25th May 2007, 03:31 PM
sweeney. I am no 114 and i an not going. You are welcome to take my no

Sweeney
25th May 2007, 03:49 PM
Not sure yet fiona, doubtful id go at the mo anyways thats why i asked just incase, cheers for the offer though...

Not gonna hire a mini to go with no?

Scottie
25th May 2007, 04:30 PM
Not sure yet fiona, doubtful id go at the mo anyways thats why i asked just incase, cheers for the offer though...

Not gonna hire a mini to go with no?

What a surprise Sweeney by the time you make up your mind whether to go or not the run will have past many months ago.:D :D :rolleyes:

Sweeney
25th May 2007, 04:39 PM
well theres that many things i colud be doing :p pot calling kettle though! ;) :D

AndyP & Lenore
25th May 2007, 10:01 PM
Finish will be in Corran Halls carpark. Situated at bottom of hill as you enter Oban. Signs already in place closing car park from 08:00 - 18:00

Are they gonna fit 170+ MINI's/mini's in the Corran Halls car park? That's where the lunch stop is on the Argyl & Bute circle run. Don't remember it being big enough for 170.:eek:

A.

N12 JLK
25th May 2007, 10:34 PM
Im sure there will be plenty room Andy but bugger that lets get to the nitty gritty what you got in you packed lunch box!!!, I've got mini sausage rolls and mini pasties, a lovely selection of sannys, fruit and a magnum of Champers for MrC:eek:

Scottie
25th May 2007, 10:54 PM
I've got mini sausage rolls and mini pasties, a lovely selection of sannys, fruit and a magnum of Champers for MrC:eek:

already will be a bit off by the time sunday comes round:D :D

AndyP & Lenore
25th May 2007, 10:59 PM
already will be a bit off by the time sunday comes round:D :D

Just what I was thinking. :D :D :D

Advice to all.... stay away from the Nicol's burger van.;)

Scottie
25th May 2007, 11:01 PM
Just what I was thinking. :D :D :D

Advice to all.... stay away from the Nicol's burger van.;)

aye and they will no doubt have a hint of the taste of meguairs from under his nails.
:D :D

(I need a better laughing smilie)

N12 JLK
25th May 2007, 11:12 PM
Only the best food for the Nicols, just because your in the Audi club now it doesnt give you lisence to slag us MINI drivers off

Scottie
25th May 2007, 11:15 PM
Only the best food for the Nicols, just because your in the Audi club now it doesnt give you lisence to slag us MINI drivers off

Ooooooo'o take it on the chin big man just cause my Audi is shine'er than your Mini:p :p :p

N12 JLK
25th May 2007, 11:22 PM
And we were such good friends:( :)

AndyP & Lenore
25th May 2007, 11:31 PM
aye and they will no doubt have a hint of the taste of meguairs from under his nails.
:D :D

Aye, from cleaning CraigD's car tomorrow.:D :D

Lots of Meguairs used in that process.;)

Scottie
25th May 2007, 11:45 PM
Aye, from cleaning CraigD's car tomorrow.:D :D

Lots of Meguairs used in that process.;)

Yikes:eek: :eek: I hope he removes his diamond studded pinky ring first.

N12 JLK
26th May 2007, 11:49 AM
Yikes:eek: :eek: I hope he removes his diamond studded pinky ring first.

Im not using my bum;)

s15gma
26th May 2007, 06:32 PM
thought i'd got it on yesterday - can't make it tomorrow!! both greg n i are working!! colleague getting married tomorrow so short staffed. soz

ELFMAN
26th May 2007, 07:00 PM
Im not using my bum;)

“Bum Dear? Jason Dear? No Dear. Just because a man likes good "Gold Class" buffing of an evening doesn't mean to say he's inclined to 'Wax Off' at every opportunity......HOW VERY, VERY DARE YOU!”

(Catherine Tate's Lawyers have been in touch - I fear I may be banged up in the slammer :eek: at any time....) :D :D :D. This Post © Fnaaaarrr Ltd. 2007.

AndyP & Lenore
26th May 2007, 09:19 PM
OK.

Corned beef & tomato rolls, ham and tomato rolls, cheese and tomato rolls, prawn ****tail crisps and some chocolatey thingy for Lenore.:D :D

Might heat some soup up and stick it in a flask - seeing as it's going to be -3c for part of the day.:eek:

vintageb3
27th May 2007, 01:58 AM
Jeez...I'm just in from that gig in Ayr...me tired we boy:(

Off to bed for me then

mark

vintageb3
27th May 2007, 08:30 PM
Must have been tired...missed out two e's in weee

Huh:confused:

mark