PDA

View Full Version : central locking problem

cpearson
27th April 2007, 02:41 AM
Hi, my wife's central locking has started to play up. The drivers door won't open using the blipper but the passenger one does. Also once in the car you car lock the doors using the toogle switch on the centre console ?.

It's 2001 mini one.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

vintageb3
27th April 2007, 03:14 AM
May be an oversight...but has the giggle pin been checked recently?

mark

cpearson
27th April 2007, 04:07 PM
Giggle pin ??? kinda new on the mini scene so as yet don't know to much about them.

Mark R
27th April 2007, 08:17 PM
I had, well still have actually, a problem with my passenger door lock. Bought a new lock and tried it out by connecting it to the wiring from the existing lock and all worked fine so the locking solenoid was faulty with mine. Still waiting to get the time to actually take the old one out and fit the new one properly.

vintageb3
28th April 2007, 04:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by cpearson

Giggle pin ??? kinda new on the mini scene so as yet don't know to much about them.

A giggle pin is used to afix a skyhook to a whatsit or a long stand.

I have no idea myself on how to remove one..but i do hear...after its removal...you have to laugh....hence its name...a giggle pin.

:clown:

mark

Gorbash12346
29th April 2007, 06:47 AM
probably a faulty lock mechanism unfortunately their quite expensive and a bit of a git to fit because of the window regulator but with 2 people doing it it's about a half hour job with the right tools

beyond that maybe a bc1 problem but that can cause pretty much ny kind of fault

Mark R
30th April 2007, 05:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gorbash12346

probably a faulty lock mechanism unfortunately their quite expensive and a bit of a git to fit because of the window regulator but with 2 people doing it it's about a half hour job with the right tools

beyond that maybe a bc1 problem but that can cause pretty much ny kind of fault

Cost me around £48 for the part.