PDA

View Full Version : Recalls and end of warranty looming

pamelab21
25th April 2007, 11:00 PM
I have a May 2004 04 plate Cooper S and approaching the end of its warranty. Going in next week to get a clutch rattle looked at and also to get the alloys checked as they seem to be 'peeling' in a few areas.
Is there anything else that I should check over, can't say have noticed anything but if I report it now it gets noted and is covered for the next 6 mnths if it reoccurs (something like that anyway).
Or is there any way I can find out if any recalls were made and if my car was affected and if so did it have the work done?

Thanks all.

Mark R
26th April 2007, 01:25 AM
Headlight adjustment if they aren't xenons. Gearing in both mine went within a year and one of them was failing just as my warranty was running out so got it reported. You'd notice it by one of them not going up and down but staying at the lowest setting no matter what you set the dial at.

The Dogfather
26th April 2007, 02:12 AM
Gearboxes on pre-facelift cars and rear brake corrosion I seem to remember

pamelab21
26th April 2007, 07:38 PM
thanks all. They are def Xenons so maybe don't have to do anything about that.
Will get other half to check the rear brakes and ask about a gearbox recall?

Mini Me
26th April 2007, 08:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by pamelab21

is there any way I can find out if any recalls were made and if my car was affected and if so did it have the work done?

Thanks all.

Yep ,when your car is in ask the dealer to read the key, this will give a list of everything the car should have had done(if anything);):D

pamelab21
27th April 2007, 08:32 PM
thanks fot that, will make sure I ask them when I take it in.

Gorbash12346
29th April 2007, 06:49 AM
rear brake corrosion I seem to remember

pfft if they covered that under warranty minis' wouldn't be out of the dealership for more than a month at a time

vintageb3
29th April 2007, 07:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gorbash12346

rear brake corrosion I seem to remember

pfft if they covered that under warranty minis' wouldn't be out of the dealership for more than a month at a time

That's why i'm waiting till the car is out of warranty...then i'm sticking some decent discs on...not BMW steel

Every time my car has been in at a dealership...they delight in telling me that the discs are badly corroded. And i agree...

So...I delight in telling them its a disgrace for a car that's only done 11000 miles!

Can't look at me straight in the eyes!

mark

Crombers
30th April 2007, 05:32 AM
Steering rack & column :(